Des on talkinsport

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
Des Hasler will be interviewed on 2sm talkin sport after 5:30pm, you can listen online @ www.2sm.com.au or 1269am band in Sydney

What was said? I was listening up until he started to talk about Chris Bailey but then my 2 year old grandson restarted my computer and by the time I got to listen to it again the interview was over and they were taking a call from someone talking about Orford.

Des gave nothing away as usual
when they asked about who was in front for Half he didnt let on at all but he did say earlier that they are different players where Foran can play centre, 6 or 7 and Hoddo is only a 7 who can direct a team around the park

As B.E. said......It was typical Des, not giving much away.

Well known Manly-hater, Graeme Hughes couldn't help himself so made a point of suggesting......
1. Manly's poor form last year was probably due to a premiership hangover.

Des, flat out dismissed that, saying most of Manly's troubles came about    
because of their off field dramas.

2. Des must have been quite unhappy with the overall form of his props.

His reply was.....on the whole he was happy, particually with Rose. Although he did concede that perhaps some of the players themselves may have been less than completely happy ( typical Des double talk).

The main point that came across was, with all the off field problems, he and the players were glad to put 2009 behind them and are looking forward to the upcoming season..

Our injuries didn't help we were cruelled by injuries

I got the impression both Kieren and Trent will be in the team, if not for Round 1 then as the season goes on. Said he was happy with the intensity of the warriors hitout.

Des was very amusing in his own way, he seemed pretty upbeat and chirpy by his standards. About our prospects for this year he said, 'the best thing is that we haven't been hearing about Manly'. He referred to the board changes as a positive, and a sign 'people' had learned lessons about how important the front office is to a successful season. I think he also made a quip but again, it's hard to tell.

I agree with your summary SER8. He came across more upbeat than usual but is still the master of politely answering without really saying much. I think someone has given him a new radar for Christmas and during January he quietly stuffed the players, admin and coaching staff underneath it. Let's hope it's only onfield performance, player signings and sponsorship announcements that bring attention our way.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6