Des on Footy Show tomorrow

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Captain of the Gate

Reserve Grader
I just heard that Des will be doing a sit down interview with Fatty Vautin tomorrow about what is going on with the NRL & Manly, plus talk about this year's team and why they shouldn't be written off. I'll tune in to see it. Also heard they have Benji Marshall telling his story, sounds decent to watch

Captain of the Gate link said:
I just heard that Des will be doing a sit down interview with Fatty Vautin tomorrow about what is going on with the NRL & Manly, plus talk about this year's team and why they shouldn't be written off. I'll tune in to see it. Also heard they have Benji Marshall telling his story, sounds decent to watch

Ive got two things to say about this.

Firstly, if I was a player id very much want to play under Des Hasler.

Secondly,  the bolded bit suggests no flying under radars. (maybe Des visits here and has heard you lot)

here's an idea
invite David (w@nker emotion ) & let them go head to head with Brett in the audience just in case (w@nker emotion ) wants to say sorry

BErKeLEy_eAgLe link said:
here's an idea
invite David (w@nker emotion ) & let them go head to head with Brett in the audience just in case (w@nker emotion ) wants to say sorry

Why isnt Gus on to this. Does anyone recall the level of support/sympathy that SBW received ?

Captain of the Gate link said:

The first Footy Show of the season is always good. Then they just fall into the same crap. It is very similar to the Daily Telecrap. They just rehash the same crap and have the same crap stories. Despite all this crap that I am being served up, I still love my league and will be watching. We really need more Manly stuff on there to get rid of the crap factor.

Having listened to Scott Penn interviewed on 'Talkin Sport' yesterday I must comment at how disappointed I was with his less than forthright answers. The interviewers were giving him the ammunition but I felt his responses were insipid, with weasel words like politicians use.
Whatever the criticism here is about Graham Lowe and Zorba at least they state things in a strong, direct way. So does Des, so I'm glad he's doing the TV interview, and if I was advising the club I'd not have Scott commenting on issues unless it was unavoidable.

eagleE link said:
[quote author=Captain of the Gate link=topic=186729.msg321079#msg321079 date=1299630074]

The first Footy Show of the season is always good. Then they just fall into the same crap. It is very similar to the Daily Telecrap. They just rehash the same crap and have the same crap stories. Despite all this crap that I am being served up, I still love my league and will be watching. We really need more Manly stuff on there to get rid of the crap factor.
[/quote]
why dont you say crap a bit more often. 

Barry Hyland link said:
Having listened to Scott Penn interviewed on 'Talkin Sport' yesterday I must comment at how disappointed I was with his less than forthright answers. The interviewers were giving him the ammunition but I felt his responses were insipid, with weasel words like politicians use.
Whatever the criticism here is about Graham Lowe and Zorba at least they state things in a strong, direct way. So does Des, so I'm glad he's doing the TV interview, and if I was advising the club I'd not have Scott commenting on issues unless it was unavoidable.

I disagree Barry....I thought his peformance was befitting a Chairman, and he would have no doubt been VERY guarded in what he said..and rightly so (given his position).

hope someone reminds Des to get Vautin to say sorry to Brett as well for his spray he gave too
 Amen brother.  Footy Show idiots are giving Marshall airtime they wouldn't provide to Stewart.  Maybe Des should hand Vautin his pink slip telling him life membership on Manly revoked, on air.  Now that would be priceless!

Matabele link said:
[quote author=BErKeLEy_eAgLe link=topic=186729.msg321106#msg321106 date=1299633405]
hope someone reminds Des to get Vautin to say sorry to Brett as well for his spray he gave too
 Amen brother.  Footy Show idiots are giving Marshall airtime they wouldn't provide to Stewart.  Maybe Des should hand Vautin his pink slip telling him life membership on Manly revoked, on air.  Now that would be priceless!
[/quote]

Brett didn't want air time. His lawyers told him to say nothing until the court case was over which is what he did. He then recieved his airtime on the footy show.

Matabele link said:
[quote author=manlyforever08 link=topic=186729.msg321118#msg321118 date=1299635616]
I'll be at the Footy Show... gonna be veryyyyy interesting!
  Take a banner.  "You owe Brett an apology Fat Man"
[/quote]
ooh that's an idea.. lol

manlyforever08 link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=186729.msg321131#msg321131 date=1299638671]
[quote author=manlyforever08 link=topic=186729.msg321118#msg321118 date=1299635616]
[/quote]
ooh that's an idea.. lol
[/quote]

With www.silvertails.net underneath it.

Jatz Crackers link said:
[quote author=Captain of the Gate link=topic=186729.msg321079#msg321079 date=1299630074]
Secondly,  the bolded bit suggests no flying under radars. (maybe Des visits here and has heard you lot)

I'm glad there's no more radar, we are now silvertails with a touch or arrogance.

If nothing else we're getting plenty of media coverage. Now, where's that big major sponsor that can take advantage of that?

Mark from Brisbane link said:
[quote author=Barry Hyland link=topic=186729.msg321104#msg321104 date=1299633165]

I disagree Barry....I thought his peformance was befitting a Chairman, and he would have no doubt been VERY guarded in what he said..and rightly so (given his position).
[/quote]

I value your opinion Mark, but even you say his performance was 'guarded' when the issues were very clear cut and, imo, required forceful, black-and-white responses. Hence, in situations when Manly is commenting on football-related matters (as opposed to ownership/financial issues when he should be the spokesperson) I don't think he's the right person. Cheers.

Wouldn't suprise me if he does, or if he already has.  We know Des and Fatty are great mates and it wouldn't have surprised me if Fatty got the truth a while ago.  I know Fatty did the wrong thing but we'd just come through a terrible off season in terms of player behaviour and he was just saying something that the majority of supporters were feeling and that was enough was enough.  At the stage of his rant, all he had to go on was what was reported and lets remember it wasn't pretty eventhough it was false, how was he to know.  If he had gone soft on Stewart he would have copped criticism for not going hard on a Manly player.

I'm prepared to forgive Fatty.

tookey link said:
[quote author=manlyforever08 link=topic=186729.msg321137#msg321137 date=1299639141]
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=186729.msg321131#msg321131 date=1299638671]
[/quote]
ooh that's an idea.. lol
[/quote]

With www.silvertails.net underneath it.
[/quote]

Bloody Banker ;)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8