Des obsession

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

bazeagle

Bencher
Please delete all threads that are Des related. This latest one banging on about his haircut being a case in point.
In case anyone hasn't noticed he no longer works for Manly and is in fact a serious business competitor and could be deemed by some to be a direct threat to our success on the field. Plus I am over him. Isn't everyone?

Sounds like time for a des and crusher appreciation thread.

They both might be gone but will never be forgotten and never should be. Two premierships and the current team that we are watching is the team that they created.

Tooks...I am not for wiping them off the mat per se, but I just don't think they need to be discussed on here.

Regardless of what happened last year the record still stands, but nevertheless it doesn't stop us being a tad upset by their actions.

I agree Baz.

He done his best to destroy a club and team that he help make great again.

I dont get it, but get rid of him from these pages.

I'm a bit over the Des posts too but if you don't like them don't read them Baz. If people want to talk about Des here they should be able to do so. We all have different views and are interested in different things. The world would be a very boring place if that weren't the case.

Yes lets sensor certain thread topics. Derp

I'm as sick as the next bloke when it comes to hearing about De$ but it's a footy forum not a Manly forum.

As the original poster of the "haircut" one, the reason I posted it was that there was a thread a while ago asking when he was going to get shaved.

When I found out it was yesterday I posted on the asumption that some were interested.

Jatz Crackers said:
Would rather delete all bazs posts with his gallop obsession.
See, when certain individuals, like Jatz, are given to obsessing then it spills into other areas and unrelated topics. Let the Gallop thing go Jatz. A healthy debate is one thing, hammering other contributors is another.

Des is a touchy topic for every fan. The bloke was a bloody good coach and a legend of our club.

He still is a bloody good coach but his actions in leaving the club are reasonable cause for some of our fans to be dirty with him.

Des has to live with his decision and sometime down the track he may have misgivings about what has occurred (while rolling around on his piles of cash) but the bloke left us as premiers with a good shot at b2b and a coach who impresses me with every game and every bit of air time he gets.

People's own philosophical leaning will determine whether they can move on from the Des bashing but I hope most of us would have let it go by now - especially with us keeping Foran and beating the Dogs a couple of weeks ago.

I appreciate what Des and Crusher did for Manly, I really do. And with few exceptions, I appreciate anyone who's ever played for the club. But once they're gone, they're gone.
I no longer give a stuff what he does, just as I don't give a stuff about Brian Smith, Ivan Cleary, Anthony Griffin, Wayne Bennett and whoever the hell that bloke is who coaches the Dragons.
But I can understand the bitterness many of us apparently feel. As Top End Eagle says, it's up to the individual to move on or maintain the rage. If you don't like reading certain threads, don't read them.

I hold Hasler in the same regard I do John Ribot and Michael 'I climb through windows to sign players to Superlague' O'Connor.

Theres probably still more Des threads than Tooves which is ordinary.
Thing is anything or anyone footy related are thread worthy if in the right context.
Maybe some more MK Eagle random threads are needed atm????:p

Dan79 said:
Ironic that you start a new thread regarding Des asking for all Des threads to be deleted. :)
I find it ironic how some who put the boot into Des at every oportunity also post how they prefer Tooves as coach, newsflash if Des was still here Tooves wouldn't be coach.

In hindsight it was a masterstroke by the club to punt him early as I am sure he would have lured some of our players over to the Dog's.

Be that as it may up until now we have lost no major players and other than Des taking some of the coaching staff that he assembled (which most coaches who change clubs do as well) we are in a great position to go back to back.

I am sure that neither Des or the board/owners are squeeky clean in regard to his departure but still find it hard to dislike a guy who gave me such enjoyment both as a player and coach.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6