Des - Merged Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
RE: Des to sign new contract next week???

Manly are reportedly (gee I hate that word) $600k-$650k and the Dogs are offering $750k. He has is very comfortable at Manly and he get everything he wants usually, $100k isn't that much in the grand scheme of things.

We all know reporters mope around these forums for rumors and when they can't find them they make them up.

Ceagle said:
@NRL_RUMOUR_MILL
Jim Dymock 1 year deal, Des Hasler 1 year deal, 2013 Des Hasler Bulldogs coach rumour has this could be announced as soon as tomorrow

The rumors have started again, hurry up and sign Des, these guys are starting to piss me off.
Dont worry feathered friend the dogs have got distemper and greenberg is running a circus . First he and the board pledge loyalty to kevin moore and say that they are right behind him and whilst they are right behind him the knife comes out and they stab him in the back. Then greenburg parades ricky stuart on the back page of the telecrap and when ricky sees the writing on the wall and tells greenberg to stick his contract where the sun dont shine greenberg pulls some other candidates out of his ass , potter , brown , anderson,taylor , gergiallis, terry matterson, trent robonson to name a few. What the **** :huh::huh::huh

I'd love for Hasler to re-sign with us (obviously) & then for Dymock to go elsewhere after his current 1 year deal. That'd be hilarious.

If the difference is only 100K, I reckon you could find a few thousand Manly fans willing to chuck in $50 - $100 a year just to keep Des.

$100k difference is didly squat when you have to factor in tax and management fees. Then you also have to think about moving house, etc.

He would probably use more than $100k per annum hiring security at his house if he moved to Belmore.

1 hour drive eachway that's not in peak hour, hoping his car is safe, learning another language, having to change his wardrobe, having to eat Halal,

Dessie will also need to swap his sun bleached locks more a more traditional Bankstown haircut.

gangstarat.jpg

Des will have a few flat tyres on match day I am sure lol.

Finishing training and finding your car on bricks in the car park...

Let's not run away with ourselves quite yet. If he stays good, if he goes, it's not the end of the world. Coaches, like players come and go. Toovs will step up or maybe another 'former Manly great' will fill his big shoes. I well remember our excellent coach of the 70s, Ron Wiley, getting the shove after winning us back to back GFs, 72/73. We continued on our winning ways even then. The only thing that's not replaceable is the club.

DSM5 said:
Let's not run away with ourselves quite yet. If he stays good, if he goes, it's not the end of the world. Coaches, like players come and go. Toovs will step up or maybe another 'former Manly great' will fill his big shoes. I well remember our excellent coach of the 70s, Ron Wiley, getting the shove after winning us back to back GFs, 72/73. We continued on our winning ways even then. The only thing that's not replaceable is the club.

I agree. If Des goes I have more than enough faith in Toovs to do the job. When Des took the job he said himself he wasn't going to be a career coach, and the way the deckchairs were being shuffled the powerbrokers at the time (I'm talking about Bozo) they had identified Toovs as a future coach. I'm fairly certain thats why he has continued in a coaching role with the club instead of heading into administration a job he would also be qualified for.

If Des does sign for 2013, do people think he should stand down immediately?

DSM5 said:

Agree. Look at Geelong. It was all doom and gloom when they lost their 2 time premiership winning coach Mark Thompson at the end of last season (and their best player Gary Ablett), yet they came back and won the premiership this year with a new coach.

The systems, structures and processes Des has built will not collapse overnight if he leaves.

Tooves will carry the place forward.

The fans need to remember this club is bigger than one man, be it Des, Arko, Bozo or Zorba.

Problem with Des leaving is the Players that he signed with the 'get out' clause of his being the Coach at Manly :s

Otherwise, I agree with the stated sentiments, in 35 years I've survived quite a few Coaches at Manly - but the culture maintains a Winning Attitude.

Simmo said:
DSM5 said:

Agree. Look at Geelong. It was all doom and gloom when they lost their 2 time premiership winning coach Mark Thompson at the end of last season (and their best player Gary Ablett), yet they came back and won the premiership this year with a new coach.

The systems, structures and processes Des has built will not collapse overnight if he leaves.

Tooves will carry the place forward.

The fans need to remember this club is bigger than one man, be it Des, Arko, Bozo or Zorba.
BOZO is GOD and on one is bigger than GOD!!!

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2