1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Des" Ja Vu

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by simon64, Apr 24, 2012.

1. simon64

simon64 Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,085 / 27
    Was it only me that got a serious sense of deja vu watching the departure of Postecoglou from the Brisbane Roar ?

I think I've seen this somewhere before.

2. PONTIAN SEA EAGLE

PONTIAN SEA EAGLE Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +948 / 80
    I think ang left the roar more for family reasons as he's from melbourne where his family & friends are.As for des-picable he supposedly needed a bigger challenge to improve his player poaching.

3. Vyssini

Vyssini Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +464 / 1
    Postecoglou's contract was also up- its not as if he signed for Melbourne Victory for 2014 onwards...

No, Despicable has set a new low all to himself.

4. Jatz Crackers

Jatz Crackers Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,242 / 7
    Not this thread again !

• Like Like x 1
  5. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,799 / 122
    Was it only me that got a serious sense of deja vu watching the departure of Postecoglou from the Brisbane Roar ?

6. Masked Eagle

Masked Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +976 / 0
    Too funny.

That being said after seeing an interview with Ange tonight I wish our former coach had some of his class and humility. He basically said he didn't want any former players wanting to join him and he'd be disappointed if they did. He said players sign to play with a club, not for the coach. He also said as a coach its about the challenges for him.

I realise we probably don't have a lot of football/soccer followers here, but the way he has left his club after a GF win was handled a lot better times 1000 than what we've been through.

7. Mals

Mals Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Pennant Hills
    Ratings:
    +1,480 / 35
    Ange has handled his departure with class, sadly Des didn't.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,338 / 60
    To identify character look to what people do, not what they say.

To identify the destructive influence in the pack, look to when people think they're separate from the pack.

Through money, Bulldogs have helped turn Des-picable into someone who fundamentally believes personal interests always prevail over pack interests. They've developed an ego fixated on its own reflection. The Bulldogs will reap what they sow.

As he does to Manly, he will do to the Dogs.

9. G-land Express

G-land Express Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    Des was more like the western force coach last week. The players voted to sack him though

10. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,799 / 122
    Sometimes I do sudoku, sometimes I do cryptic crosswords, sometimes I read Rex's posts.
    Any chance you can say that again using different words?

11. Robbo

Robbo Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    Ange was hired to do a job by Brisbane and he did it brilliantly. Ange does not have the association/history with Brisbane that Hasler had at Manly.

Massive difference.

12. simon64

simon64 Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,085 / 27
    You, and the rest of the posters, are 100% right Robbo.

Des did not handle things well where as Postecoglou did his job, honoured the entirety of his contract and then moved on. He is also not trying to take half the club with him.

I can't believe how Des-gusting that mongrel is.

13. NewwyEagle

NewwyEagle I sleep in a racing car

Ratings:
    +1,178 / 60
    Throughout the year it was pretty clear to most people he was going to leave the Roar. He's a very classy coach, and didn't hide any of his actions or seemed to try and deceive anyone. He will probably be the Australian coach after the 2014 World Cup.

14. Phantar

Phantar Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +273 / 0
    Rex strikes me as 'A Riddle Wrapped In A Mystery Inside An Enigma'. I mean that in the nicest possible way.