Des is staying for 2012

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mickdog said:
EagleRock40 said:
Mickdog said:
bob dylan said:
Yeah Barba can play. No doubt about it.

Eastwood and Pritchard can not be paired they are too lazy in defence, I'd go as far to as to say they may not cut it under the Hasler regime. Which one of them is taking up Andrew Ryans workload.

Also if you are talking lazy in defence Watmough and Stewart come to mind.

Give yourself an uppercut mate!! Those 2 always top our tackling stats. Watmough may miss a few tackles here and there - but he's definately not lazy for wanting to make 5 tackles in every set.

They both miss 1 in ever 10 tackles. Not good enough when your making less than 30 tackles a game.

It was good enough to win 2 and play in 3 grand finals in 5 years.

thedogs88 said:
Masked Eagle said:
thedogs88 said:
MadMarcus said:
thedogs88 said:
I agree with the manly boys in this though stewart and watmough both try in defense, just watmough misses alot and stewart is a little slow. They are't the stagg type mould is what i think he means of making 40 tackles and missing 1.

I wonder if G Stewart sits at home polishing his CC medal and wishing he could be more like Stagg?

Some of you guys take things way to personally, are you glenn stewart? i think your a fan whos very upset that the manly board has shafted your club out of the best coach and some other very talented eyes.

anyway i never said stagg is better then stewart, i also said that watmough and stewart aren't lazy in defense that they just aren't defense type players like stagg who make 40 tackles and miss 1.

everyone knows this, however at the same time watmough and stewart both offer alot more in attack don't they...

stop getting your pms mate.

Stagg makes 40 tackles and wouldn't bruise a grape. With how important it is to dominant the ruck these days give me Chocs 30+ tackles and a few misses any day of the week over some of the blokes who just hold on.

Again you completely miss the point, stagg mightin pull off big hits but he certainly doesn't go looking for it and its not his job to do it, pritchard, eastwood, payne, kasiano and others provide plenty of them.

Stagg is safe as a house and saved us from many breaks, trys etc last year. Every team needs a player like this.

The Dogs need a player like him more than we do then. Because of the way players like Choc and Stewart defend, we don't conceed anywhere near the amount of line breaks and trys as other teams do. If the off shoot of that is those players miss an extra tackle or two per game then its more than worthwhile. As I said earlier, you need to be dominant at the ruck these days if you want to be successful and players like Stagg are overrated in defence because they don't help you do that. Sure he might make 40+ tackles per game and even a few of them mightn't be 3rd man in and slowing down the play the ball that way, but winning at the collision is more important and far more valuable then clean up work. If you don't believe look at what names carved on the 2011 premiership trophy.

Masked Eagle said:
thedogs88 said:
Masked Eagle said:
thedogs88 said:
MadMarcus said:
I wonder if G Stewart sits at home polishing his CC medal and wishing he could be more like Stagg?

Some of you guys take things way to personally, are you glenn stewart? i think your a fan whos very upset that the manly board has shafted your club out of the best coach and some other very talented eyes.

anyway i never said stagg is better then stewart, i also said that watmough and stewart aren't lazy in defense that they just aren't defense type players like stagg who make 40 tackles and miss 1.

everyone knows this, however at the same time watmough and stewart both offer alot more in attack don't they...

Stagg makes 40 tackles and wouldn't bruise a grape. With how important it is to dominant the ruck these days give me Chocs 30+ tackles and a few misses any day of the week over some of the blokes who just hold on.

Again you completely miss the point, stagg mightin pull off big hits but he certainly doesn't go looking for it and its not his job to do it, pritchard, eastwood, payne, kasiano and others provide plenty of them.

Stagg is safe as a house and saved us from many breaks, trys etc last year. Every team needs a player like this.

The Dogs need a player like him more than we do then. Because of the way players like Choc and Stewart defend, we don't conceed anywhere near the amount of line breaks and trys as other teams do. If the off shoot of that is those players miss an extra tackle or two per game then its more than worthwhile. As I said earlier, you need to be dominant at the ruck these days if you want to be successful and players like Stagg are overrated in defence because they don't help you do that. Sure he might make 40+ tackles per game and even a few of them mightn't be 3rd man in and slowing down the play the ball that way, but winning at the collision is more important and far more valuable then clean up work. If you don't believe look at what names carved on the 2011 premiership trophy.

mate the sheer arrogance of you is a joke, if you believe the crap you just posted you also believe blokes like gallen, johnson etc are overrated.

the title isn't about the backrow you have. your backrow isn't the best nor even in the top 2-3 of the comp. you don't win a cop on that alot, you have no weakness in any position and may not be the best in any position either. outside your coach.

thedogs88 said:
bob dylan said:
thedogs88 said:
send it via msg mate i got no idea what email it is...

You have private messages disabled.

ah, no idea what the hell thats about just say it here mate im open to discussion :)

I suggested a $40 Woolies or Coles voucher or equivalent.

You win if Manly miss GF and Dogs make the 8

I win if Dogs miss 8 and Manly make GF.

No one wins other combo's eg Manly make GF and Dogs make 8.

Is that it??

thedogs88 said:
Masked Eagle said:
thedogs88 said:
Masked Eagle said:
thedogs88 said:

mate the sheer arrogance of you is a joke, if you believe the crap you just posted you also believe blokes like gallen, johnson etc are overrated.

the title isn't about the backrow you have. your backrow isn't the best nor even in the top 2-3 of the comp. you don't win a cop on that alot, you have no weakness in any position and may not be the best in any position either. outside your coach.
You are the one that is a joke on this forum you clown , the last prize your team has won was the wooden spoon , We are the current Champions and we can say what ever we like . The Superior and Mighty Sea Eagles are living in Glory whilst the dogs are living in hopes and wet dreams . Keep dreaming doggie style you might come one day .

bob dylan said:
thedogs88 said:
bob dylan said:
thedogs88 said:
send it via msg mate i got no idea what email it is...

You have private messages disabled.

ah, no idea what the hell thats about just say it here mate im open to discussion :)

I suggested a $40 Woolies or Coles voucher or equivalent.

You win if Manly miss GF and Dogs make the 8

I win if Dogs miss 8 and Manly make GF.

No one wins other combo's eg Manly make GF and Dogs make 8.

Is that it??

done deal mate, look forward to it :)

any tackers on des at dogs in 2012?

Who gives a flying <Deleted> about the dogs lineup now, next year or in a decade. I dont give a toss about them and I dont want to read about them on a Manly Sea Eagles forum so piss off back to your own kennel.

http://www.silvertails.net/articles/site-information/5144-terms-of-use
Mick, please have a read of the content below the heading titled "Inappropriate Language and Use" and stop using the "F" word and any derivative of the word thank-you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8