Des is gone

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Utility Player said:
seaeagles4life said:
he will not be getting paid for next year, contract is terminated. penn has said they are confident they have strong evidence of their allegations of poaching

Telegraph report says they reached a payout figure.

That said, Hasler, who reached a payout deal today, is yet to indicate if he will coach at Canterbury next year or take 12-months off.

So we can assume based on that article that there was no pay-out offered?

DSM5 said:
Bit late for the general warning re abuse of Hasler isn't it Matas? I've forgotten that Dog already. All hail Toovs.

The general warning has been in place all week. I'm just reinforcing it. People have been banned and will continue to do so. (And I really hope I don't have to explain the difference of "normality" and a regime where a warning is in place to Bones again).

Utility Player said:
seaeagles4life said:
he will not be getting paid for next year, contract is terminated. penn has said they are confident they have strong evidence of their allegations of poaching

Telegraph report says they reached a payout figure.

That said, Hasler, who reached a payout deal today, is yet to indicate if he will coach at Canterbury next year or take 12-months off.

I'd rather he coaches the Dogs. If he has a year off it will give him more time to poach from us.

Matabele said:
I'd rather he coaches the Dogs. If he has a year off it will give him more time to poach from us.

I can't see it, given their poor roster he would only harm his image.

He would be happy with Dymock taking the blame while he works on improving the cattle for 2013.

Jim should tell the dogs to jam it and come over here! We need an assistant coach. 2nd in charge sounds better than 3rd!

manlyslam said:
It's a bit like going to a funeral. His choices of late have seen him reincarnated as a dog.

Let’s face it his ability to get close to the players and staff around him was his greatest asset. The loyalty the players showed towards him and each other under pressure was amazing. His work ethic was unsurpassed and contributed to that bond he built. The only problem was that the club is multidimensional and Des got increasingly frustrated that he couldn’t control all those externals. On the field a genius and meticulous in preparation. In the end this translated to immense loyalty to the players and staff and resentment towards the Manly club. He just forgot that the club is built on the loyalty of the fans.

Thanks for the memories and hope you find some peace in the kennel.

Agree with everything you said except the last line. I hope he finds dog sh** in the kennel, and I expect that he will.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6