Des is gone

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

manlyslam

It's a bit like going to a funeral. His choices of late have seen him reincarnated as a dog.

Let’s face it his ability to get close to the players and staff around him was his greatest asset. The loyalty the players showed towards him and each other under pressure was amazing. His work ethic was unsurpassed and contributed to that bond he built. The only problem was that the club is multidimensional and Des got increasingly frustrated that he couldn’t control all those externals. On the field a genius and meticulous in preparation. In the end this translated to immense loyalty to the players and staff and resentment towards the Manly club. He just forgot that the club is built on the loyalty of the fans.

Thanks for the memories and hope you find some peace in the kennel.

Penn announcement on fox sports at 12

Better to burn out than to fade away I guess. Bring on tooves 2012! Back to back with another coach, when did that happen last?

Very sad state of events nonetheless.

manlyslam said:
It's a bit like going to a funeral. His choices of late have seen him reincarnated as a dog.

Let’s face it his ability to get close to the players and staff around him was his greatest asset. The loyalty the players showed towards him and each other under pressure was amazing. His work ethic was unsurpassed and contributed to that bond he built. The only problem was that the club is multidimensional and Des got increasingly frustrated that he couldn’t control all those externals. On the field a genius and meticulous in preparation. In the end this translated to immense loyalty to the players and staff and resentment towards the Manly club. He just forgot that the club is built on the loyalty of the fans.

Thanks for the memories and hope you find some peace in the kennel.

Great post manlyslam, very succinct and accurate:)

Just sux that he can behave like a douchebag and be rewarded by taking 2 paychecks next year. As punishment for doing what he did to Manly, he'll be earning close to $1mill in 2012. Must be a tough day for him.

I doubt this will be heeded, but can we please observe some decorum in de-briefing this turn of events, in recongition that Hasler has achieved a lot with the club, despite your opinion of the recent months.

Consider this a general warning that over the top abuse of Hasler, moderators or other posters will be severely dealt with.

firechild said:
Just sux that he can behave like a douchebag and be rewarded by taking 2 paychecks next year. As punishment for doing what he did to Manly, he'll be earning close to $1mill in 2012. Must be a tough day for him.

If he has been sacked for breach of contract then I fail to see how he will be picking up a pay cheque from Manly. That was the whole idea of issuing the breach notice.

he will not be getting paid for next year, contract is terminated. penn has said they are confident they have strong evidence of their allegations of poaching

firechild said:

He doesn't get a 2nd paycheck. He breached his contract. He gets zip.

Alot of news sites are saying that he has been sacked because breach of contract. So no pay day and his guilty of luring players, stuff to bulldogs it seems!
Gorgeous George said:
firechild said:

If he has been sacked for breach of contract then I fail to see how he will be picking up a pay cheque from Manly. That was the whole idea of issuing the breach notice.

Bit late for the general warning re abuse of Hasler isn't it Matas? I've forgotten that Dog already. All hail Toovs.

Fair enough then. I have heard various things in the last hour. From him just being sacked (meaning full payout) to settlement (obviously partial payout) and breach of contract meaning no payout. Does anyone have a link confirming the latter?

So the business of Manly asking Canterbury if they would pay out his contract is likely bull**** then.

Stevo said:
So the business of Manly asking Canterbury if they would pay out his contract is likely bull**** then.

Penn carefully worded it. Basically they approached the Dogs to see where the waters lay, but not having Des in the loop meant that nothing could have been concrete under those circumstances. So no, according to Scott, this was not supposedly raised.

firechild said:
Fair enough then. I have heard various things in the last hour. From him just being sacked (meaning full payout) to settlement (obviously partial payout) and breach of contract meaning no payout. Does anyone have a link confirming the latter?

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league

Just watch the actual News Conference and its clear that he gets no more monies from Manly.
Penn said that they did not offer Des's Contract to the Bulldogs.

Tooves looked very relaxed and said that the Players are all on for B2B.
Tooves said that he and Des to remain mates - except on Game Day against each other's Teams :D

Stevo said:

Just an inquiry to ending this amicably. Greenboog was so desperate and chased him so hard it just made sense. I like how Penn mentioned their lack of integrity in the timing of their announcement. You could put Des in the same boat.

Tooves last comment on FSN was on the money 'Des has both contributed and received quite a bit from the club and why the dogs wanted him so bad. That bond takes time and Tooves has been with the current group for 3 grand finals.

This is what he wanted (the challenge). Only problem is that his loyalty is now in question and without it???

seaeagles4life said:
he will not be getting paid for next year, contract is terminated. penn has said they are confident they have strong evidence of their allegations of poaching

Telegraph report says they reached a payout figure.

That said, Hasler, who reached a payout deal today, is yet to indicate if he will coach at Canterbury next year or take 12-months off.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2