DES HASLER (NEWS - NOT) !!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

delz

Reserve Grader
The silence continues to be deafening. As usual very little or no news regarding the re-signing of our great coach DES !

It worries me that it takes so long and with Penrith in the wings the longer it takes the more concerned I become.

I know that he was offered an extension until the end of 2014 but does anyone have any further information on this ?

Also a few days ago a saw a thread that mention that Manly was close to announcing a major sponsor ! Again things have gone very quiet and typical of the lack of communication from HQ. Is this true and will it happen.

Desperate for information as I am sure we all are !

If it is true that Gus offered him the position and wants an answer by Friday, then I think it is fairly safe to assume, that by Saturday morning if you have heard nothing more, then he is more than likely staying

He won't be going anywhere. Why would he want to play second fiddle under Gould? He's as powerful here as that fat grub is out there.

On teh Footy Show last week Gus got interviewed by Rabs and he said he was looking for someone looking for a break as a coach to come in not an established coach. I don't think there is any worry. Hell I read somewhere his 1st choice was Steve Folkes who is assistant and the Tigers and is going to go to be assistant and Dragons next year.

I saw Des today in K-Mart at the Mall and he seemed to be buying a heap of ugh boots, tracky pants, beanies, flanalette shirts and cartons of Winfield red.

I am not sure if this means something?

Gould doesn't even know how much money he has to offer a coach! It will be a very thin queue under those circumstances.

tookey said:
I saw Des today in K-Mart at the Mall and he seemed to be buying a heap of ugh boots, tracky pants, beanies, flanalette shirts and cartons of Winfield red.

We do have a home game at Bluetongue still to play.

bones said:
tookey said:

We do have a home game at Bluetongue still to play.

Hahahahaha love it.

There are no pens on the Northern Beaches hence the delay : )

tookey said:

if he was truly getting into the westie characacterization he'd have
shoplifted the lot.:p

tookey said:

Flanellete shirts are rare,as are track pants and everyone out here smokes Winfield BLUE or LIGHT BLUE,Red is more of a brisbane thing

the coast is a great place ! Awesome beaches ! you just have to find the right place, and dont head past Forresters beach, youll be right.

The Eagle said:
tookey said:

Flanellete shirts are rare,as are track pants and everyone out here smokes Winfield BLUE or LIGHT BLUE,Red is more of a brisbane thing
I was out there recently and thought there was a plumbers convention on, all wearing shirts that had 'TAPOUT" emblazoned across them?

The Eagle said:
tookey said:

Haha yeah love it too - shame they don't have a K-Mart at the mall

Of-course not.. after Matty ballins latest efforts he would'a bought 'em.... AT LOWES!! but only for a Peninsula winter.

It get pretty cold down at Fisherman's Beach during the winter.

If you had lived in or around Penrith, would you go back ?

The longer it goes and we dont hear anything the more chance he is going to Penriff. He will not put this season under any pressure if he is leaving.

wombatgc said:
tookey said:

if he was truly getting into the westie characacterization he'd have
shoplifted the lot.:p

He used a stolen credit card and then pinched a car from the car aprk to get home. Penrif here we come

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6