Des Hasler is not 1st grade coach material and should stand down

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
image.jpeg

Some epic quotes in this thread!

Isn't there a thread like this going at The Kennel now?
These are also known as 'fallacious arguments' or 'non sequiturs', in other words arguments flawed in logical structure.

Just because A = B one time
I.e. A (green underperforming coach) turns into B (champion coach)

does not mean A always = B

indeed in this case A might only equal B 1 in 100 times........

sorry don't know what came over me

Last edited:
Ahh the memories - Harris, Kane cleal, Randall. Funny enough, I look back now with some fondness for that era - the early stages of the rebuild that culminated in 2 premierships. I always like Mona's as a player too.

I loved watching BK pretty much every game he played, even though we were a pretty ordinary side overall when he started.

Agree - BK was an absolute freak. I don't think I have ever seen a single player make such a difference to a side, in over 40 years watching the game.
Agreed. I do feel that Radrandra has had a similar effect on Doesn'tmatta. He is by far their most influential and inspirational player, and I get miffed with people saying that Foran is their best player. Pigs!

For mine, the big difference is that Des had a pretty ordinary team when he started out.

Baz, whilst he may turn out to be good in the future, has a very good team on paper now. He should have been able to string more wins together for mine this season (regardless of injury and suspensions).

But hey, I'll keep hoping that things turn around. Although my willingness to do so fades with each mystifying decision that NRL HQ releases these days.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2