1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Des Hasler is not 1st grade coach material and should stand down

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by silver, Aug 22, 2005.

1. silver

silver Active Member

Ratings:
    +132 / 7
    Despite Des signing a new contract after a winning start, I strongly believe he sould stand down and resign at season's end.

Under his control, we have endured the 2 worst defeats in the clubs history, show no creativity in attack, play touch rugby, the players display no passion nor pride in the jersey and play only for themselves. I admit we showed a glint of improvement in ealier games this year but have since fallen back to losing ways and old habits.

I would have been happy with 9th this year as long as the score lines were narrowed and some improvement shown in attack and defence. They said it would take to gell - I am sorry but it shoudn't take 2 seasons.

It is obvious he is clueless as to take this team to the next level. We have not blooded any youngsters or made the hard calls when needed. Our attack is pathetic to say the least and our defence is starting to match this level. Blind Freddy can see that King is a pea-hearted fairy always has been, Monas is not a captain nor a true No. 7, Randall is a a 1st grade imposter, Harris is overated and only ever plays when a contract is up for grabs and why we persist with Kane Cleal is beyond me.

As much as Des was a champion player he is not a 1st grade coach and should voluntarily stand down, Roach the supposed forwards coach should do likewise and whoever is responsible for defence. I am aware that he is not only to blame, but enough is enough, sweep the broom make some serious noise. We need a new coach who has a proven record and not from the Manly boys club!

Enough is enough

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. byso

byso Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0
    I agree a lot of this rests on him.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I must admit that I find it hard to understand Dessie's reluctance to put some of the Pl players into fist grade.

Surely Jared taylor is better value than Donald on the wing. Certainly worth a go i would think.

4. Canteen Worker

Canteen Worker Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +212 / 5
    Give him the players that he wants (rather than Max) before you judge him too harshly.

However I am sure Des is now under some pressure after the last two months. Every team has highs and lows so how the team responds in the next two weeks is vital.

5. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
  6. Garts

Garts Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +672 / 18
    Byso has always loved the Dazzler, haha

7. bob dylan

bob dylan Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Junee
    Ratings:
    +4,404 / 130
    I dont like seeing these old threads raised, but this is amusing.

8. PONTIAN SEA EAGLE

PONTIAN SEA EAGLE Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +948 / 80
    I don't remember what i did yesterday little less 2005.Correct 68-6 defeat to the sharks worst defeat by the club in it's history that year.

9. Garts

Garts Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +672 / 18
    Short sighted.

10. Jono

Jono Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +176 / 5
    Awesome work lol

11. kingoftherodeo

kingoftherodeo Active Member

Ratings:
    +72 / 7
    Just goes to show the club was pretty patient with him during the early days. Any other club would have punted him earlier but they stood by him.

Glad they did.

I was at that game at shark park, Jason kings worst game ever! Stats were horrible!

12. The Eagle

The Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +480 / 0
    State of origin would have been worse

13. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    Did a search of Des Hasler and there are quite a few interesting threads popped up

14. XV-1

XV-1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +499 / 55
    LOL

The op must feel like an idiot if he re-reads this :eek:

15. Generational Player

Generational Player Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 5
    Very funny how similar it is to the comments in the Barrett thread

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  16. mickqld

mickqld Sack Greenslime 2016 Tipping Competitor

Gold Coast
    Ratings:
    +3,744 / 57
    LOL wow makes you think doesn't it. We've got another 2 seasons of this sht and a 68-6 hiding all ahead of us yet.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  17. Turbo

Turbo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,568 / 497
    This is a great idea to bring up this thread IMO it's shows that we just need time and will find our way. Who knows we may win 2 with baz as coach. After seeing this I'm a whole less worried about baz. We just have to give him time but one thing is for sure he needs to move walker to the centre where he belongs.

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. conanu

conanu Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,839 / 31
    Hopefully we all eat our words like "High ho Silver" did on this post. I really hope I look back on my rants about Barrett and feel like this bloke does. Cant see it though.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. MadMarcus

MadMarcus Local Lunatic 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +5,816 / 53
    Isn't there a thread like this going at The Kennel now?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. HoldenV8

HoldenV8 Well-Known Member

Adelaide
    Ratings:
    +6,740 / 125