Des Hasler Forever a Manly Legend

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Moondog said:
If these arseholes keep treating the game as a business there won't be a game. If I want to watch a business I'll stand outside a shop. Loyalty must count for something!

Right on, Moondog!
Well said. Hope you don't mind if I borrow your words at some point.

Unlike some, we don't have to kiss someone's rear end after the betraying and bad behaviour shown (re: emails exposé), ...even "IF" they were at the helm for 20 premierships. My club comes first!

People tend to blur loyalty between club and individuals. Club is always paramount. Arko said he doesn't mind people leaving as long as they don't dismantle the club on their way out. That's the same principle I live by.

Business? Tell that to Beaver who hung around for much less.
$400K to $500K plus a year is by no means peanuts. You ain't gonna starve, that's for sure. Most people I know don't even come close to that.

---

I have it on good authority that there will be only negative hasler threads permitted from 1 Jan 2012 and with a bit of luck there will be plenty of them.

anthonyb1965 said:
You've also got the wrong newspaper.
If it wasn't for the Sun Herald, publishing the emails, De$ would have pursued the legal action against us. If those emails weren't aired, a lot of folks would still be on his side. Those emails revealed to us what an egomaniac, liar and backstabber he is.

I never saw the "emails" anywhere?? Do you have a link?

Enjoy this :p

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/haslers-trail-of-carnage-split-club-20111112-1ncxn.html

What a revealing read of a tyrant of a coach who struggled to consolidate control by demands and cutting down lines of communication between him and the board.

To me this also outlines how great Graham Lowe was, I never thought that Des $ Hasler was this kind of person but clearly he was and Graham Lowe did a outstanding job at keeping the this control freak at bay. Sadly I don't believe David Perry could or knew how to handle Mr Hasler.

Good riddance as a coach! He was surrounded by a great team with a outstanding foundation to build on.

But his playing exploits can never be forgotten.

Des Hasler as a Manly player played in 3 Grand Finals of which he won 2 Premierships (1987 & 1996) & lost 1 GF (1995). As a Manly coach from 3 Grand Finals he has won 2 Premierships (2008 & 2011) & lost 1 GF (2007).

He is up there with Bob Fulton (Bozo) in achievements for the club.
As coaches you got to remember Fulton coached at a time where there was no Salary Cap & Manly had the money to buy almost any international they wanted. He just had to ask Mr Ken Arthurson whom he wanted & usually got his wish. Hasler coached during the Salary Cap days during a time where Manly have cash problems.

Aetna - during Bozo's second stint as coach (1993-99), the salary cap was very much in place. In fact from 1990 onwards. He played in five GFs for Manly, losing two before winning three. Two of them as the captain (1968 at age 20 and in 1976). So his playing record somewhat surpasses Hasler's on that score alone.

As for Ken Arthurson, he resigned as club secretary (like today's CEO) in 1983, the year Fulton returned as coach from Easts.

Facts, just the facts.

Aetna said:
Des Hasler might of left the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles for the Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs but he still will remain a Manly Warringah Sea Eagles legend. Des Hasler has been part of half of Manly's eight premiership winning teams in four different decades. In 1987 & 1996 as a player & 2008 & 2011 as a coach. On the behalf of the Manly supporters, we still love Des Hasler & he can return home when ever he wants.

He ain't a legend if you ask me . The only thing im going to remember him for is him trying to destroy us and On the behalf of the Manly supporters like me we think he is a dog humping , scum sucking mutant with no balls that we never want to see at Brookie again.

Aetna said:
Des Hasler as a Manly player played in 3 Grand Finals of which he won 2 Premierships (1987 & 1996) & lost 1 GF (1995). As a Manly coach from 3 Grand Finals he has won 2 Premierships (2008 & 2011) & lost 1 GF (2007).

As coaches you got to remember Fulton coached at a time where there was no Salary Cap & Manly had the money to buy almost any international they wanted. He just had to ask Mr Ken Arthurson whom he wanted & usually got his wish. Hasler coached during the Salary Cap days during a time where Manly have cash problems.

That's all great mate. I reckon the bum sniffers forum would appreciate all these facts on your love interest hasler. This is a Manly forum and Tooves is our coach.

Aetna said:

Aetna you are entitled to your opinion but perhaps your timing of putting hasler up on a pedestal isn't quite right, most Manly supporters would realise that.

I agree with you Ernie.

At the moment Hasler's legend status is stained. Time will tell whether or not that stain is permanent.

Aetna said:
Des Hasler might of left the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles for the Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs but he still will remain a Manly Warringah Sea Eagles legend. Des Hasler has been part of half of Manly's eight premiership winning teams in four different decades. In 1987 & 1996 as a player & 2008 & 2011 as a coach. On the behalf of the Manly supporters, we still love Des Hasler & he can return home when ever he wants.

Campbell?
Look, your old man did the wrong thing. Simple. There's no defence against it.
Plenty of Manly men have left and are still welcome back but the way he went about it was one of the worst of anything I can remember and these wounds will take many many years to heal.

In saying that, sins of the father should not be passed on to any kin.
You are welcome to be at Brookie anytime.

However, there is a quick solution for your old man =
1. Apologize to the Manly club and say "mea culpa" to Manly fans.
2. Give the dogs the spoon for 2012.
3. Give all the dirt about the dogs to the media.
4. Destroy the dogs in the time he's at Belmore.

---

As per usual you only get to the bottom of the story well after the fact and here it is clear Manly were never going to accomidate a bloke who (for whatever reason) believed he was bigger than the club.

Seeya Hasler enjoy downtown Lakemba or even better when the team starts to fall apart watch out for the belmore army they don't take too kindly to loosing!:bash::flogger::laugh::lol:

Next season Hasler has a very decent squad - lets see how many of these unwanted players he turns into stars. The person who started this thread thinks Hoppa , DCE & Foran were privilaged to get a start as teenegers - what coach would not give them a start???
As for the Stewarts - Glen was a late bloomer but Snake was a superstar in the making & would be so at ANY club.
I stand firm that Hasler done a decent job, but anyone with THIS squad who would not challenge for a title should be shot!!
Maybe Haslers results at the pups will determine how good he really is & by that time a REAL legend will have steered Manly to another GF.

Faark this thread is still going,why are you all going on about stats from a previous player & coach that we all know about his history at the club.

Opinions are like a arsehole. We all have one & Des Hasler to me will be a MANLY legend.

At the Bulldogs he has high expectations. He is now a dual premiership winning coach of a team whom has been a failure recently. The Bulldogs are paying big money for him to continue to fail in 2012 & I'm going to enjoy it.

Hasler has won two premierships recently & is on big money now & no matter whom he coaches next season, he bleeds maroon & white. The hunger in his belly will not be the same.

Hasler did his job for Manly & Toovey will bring new energy to the team with that hunger of success which Hasler used to have.

In a way it could work in Manly's favor.

Prediction: Bulldogs fans will be telling Des to go back where he came from by round 12. He will be coaching in the English Super League in the next few years.

Still he will be a MANLY legend. Not Pentith, not Wests, not Bulldogs or any other club he coaches. A MANLY legend.

Let's support Toovey now. Hasler is in past now I don't give rats arse about the Campsie K9's.

Des????....Who is this Des bloke you are all talking about?? Not coach of Manly,that's for sure-that job belongs to one Mr Toovey!!

Aetna said:
What this thread has established is that the majority of fans posting here do not love Des and he is most definitely not welcome back.
Tooves is seen as the future by the Manly faithful.

Aetna-you really are a queer type. Des Hasler completely, single handedly ****ed our premiership celebrations.
Consequently, we are not very happy with his actions.
I cannot speak for all the Manly Warringah supporters, but we are all hurting, that our coach and former legend player **** on us in such a fashion to embarrass us in the rugby league community.
We are hurting you dickhead, and we will not forget....
#%$@ Des....all hail Geoff Toovey-a TRUE MANLY LEGEND

We do not deserve a hoax. And $#@% you Aetna...just piss off :)

Aetna said:
Opinions are like a arsehole. We all have one & Des Hasler to me will be a MANLY legend.

THERE IS ONLY ONE ARSEHOLE!!

Let's support Toovey now. Hasler is in past now I don't give rats arse about the Campsie K9's.

IF THAT TRUE THEN WHY THE F##K DID YOU START THE THREAD IN THE FIRST PLACE.

Please mods end this thread and any other hasler ones, we do not need them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8