Des Hasler Forever a Manly Legend

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aetna

Reserve Grader
Des Hasler might of left the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles for the Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs but he still will remain a Manly Warringah Sea Eagles legend. Des Hasler has been part of half of Manly's eight premiership winning teams in four different decades. In 1987 & 1996 as a player & 2008 & 2011 as a coach. On the behalf of the Manly supporters, we still love Des Hasler & he can return home when ever he wants.

Agreed.... To a point.

The conniving nature of his departure, and willingness to dismantle the club on exit, is to me an unforgivable crime.

For this reason, in my opinion, he's not welcome back at Brookvale.

As I posted in the Have a Whinge forum:

From Seaforth on Middle Harbour to Terrey Hills in the Kuringai Chase, an iron curtain has descended across Des Hitler's chances of ever returning to the Manly-Warringah club.

With apologies to Winston Churchill.

He would have been a Manly legend if he just left. But the way he went about it was just wrong! Trust me I had such a high regard for the guy, but now I just have no respect for the man. Never to return.

We will show them all in 2012. Its the Manly club not Des Hasler the coach.

I have lost all respect for Hasler because of the underhanded way he went about leaving. I believe he signed with Canterbury way before seasons end and then attempted to cover his tracks by still negotiating with Manly. A very self serving individual and I would not like him to return at any time.

There has been 50 of these **** waffling threads. It has now decended into the WGAF category. New coach-new challlenge.

He's a bloody enigma. I used to argue and fight with blokes about what a fantastic coach he is, how he could bring out the best in our young blokes and how commited he was to Manly. People tell me over and over that business is business, fair enough, but a **** act is a **** act too. He just should have and could have handled it so much better.

Legends dont usually try and bring their club to its knees do they? If they did then they wouldn't be a club legend would they.

Aetna said:
Des Hasler might of left the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles for the Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs but he still will remain a Manly Warringah Sea Eagles legend. Des Hasler has been part of half of Manly's eight premiership winning teams in four different decades. In 1987 & 1996 as a player & 2008 & 2011 as a coach. On the behalf of the Manly supporters, we still love Des Hasler & he can return home when ever he wants.
No one can deny the fact that he was a successful coach, who produced outstanding results, was comitted to the cause and operated like a dog with a bone.

Where Des went wrong was that he couldn't let go (due to control freakish nature of his) - he wanted to go, but argh did he?? If he wanted to go, he would of been happy esp with the extra $$$$ and gone on his merry way - but he became all bitter and twisted and poached staff, threatened others and basically brought about his own demise.

There are 2 rules in business - do not burn your bridges and never poach staff!!!!

I do not think many people at Manly would like him back, due to the 2 things stated above.

I am sure Des is secretly gutted by his behaviour and consequent ousting by the fans.

1947 said:
Aetna said:
No one can deny the fact that he was a successful coach, who produced outstanding results, was comitted to the cause and operated like a dog with a bone.

Where Des went wrong was that he couldn't let go (due to control freakish nature of his) - he wanted to go, but argh did he?? If he wanted to go, he would of been happy esp with the extra $$$$ and gone on his merry way - but he became all bitter and twisted and poached staff, threatened others and basically brought about his own demise.

There are 2 rules in business - do not burn your bridges and never poach staff!!!!

I do not think many people at Manly would like him back, due to the 2 things stated above.

I am sure Des is secretly gutted by his behaviour and consequent ousting by the fans.

**** Hasler-he can rot in the swill that is the dishlicker's lol

Are we giving Ha$ler all the credit for our wins, how about the commitment of the players, they had something to do with it as well.

Aetna said:

Just what we need, another bloody halser thread...

Earnie the Eagle said:
Aetna said:

Just what we need, another bloody halser thread...

you obviously don't read the threads ....lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4