Des Hasler and brooky funding

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

swoop

Bencher
Tipping Member
Des has been pushing for a brooky upgrade every chance he gets and I hope is doesn't fall on deaf ears. In his post match press conference he hardly spoke about the game. While this is admirable and Des should keep pushing, I don't think he should be the only one putting it out there into the media.

Most media reports today are about brooky funding thanks to Des. Why can't others at the club push for an upgrade publicly. I know there's behind the scenes work but it needs to be out there in the media constantly to put some pressure on both federal and state goverments to deliver.

It's the way to go. Having the club's owners out there begging would be seen as it is. The fact that Des compares the funding in Labor electorates to that of Liberal ones is a good thing. Embarrassment is always good to get a positive reaction. I think he's right to go above the council and appeal to the nsw govt is also the way to go. The council is a prisoner to local pressure, as opposed to the state govt which will be in for a number of terms, probably three, and they will never lose the peninsula electorates..Maybe he, and a few others, Toovs? could run for the council to add to the pressure.

And Des is giving his 'praise' and 'rant' from Penrith Park next week. It will be a weekly show :^) Actually, I can't wait for it. He is really good at talking up other team's grounds...

... and when the ground is redeveloped, one of the stands becomes The Hasler Stand, because Des is not only a champion player and coach, he would have been one of the most influential in gaining the funding.

We do have a few high profile supporters who could help out. People like to bag News Ltd every chance they get (and rightfully so), but Sarah Murdoch on the arm of her hubby at some function is more than capable of getting the ear of influential people. And who really is going to say no to Sarah?

The Who said:
... and when the ground is redeveloped, one of the stands becomes The Hasler Stand, because Des is not only a champion player and coach, he would have been one of the most influential in gaining the funding.

This would be entirely appropriate. Des has been such a great asset to our club over a long period of time and in so many different ways.

Wow i just watched the press conference and i didn't realize just how hard Des is pushing for for an upgrade. The whole conference was about how great Newcastle's ground is lol.

Peters should have an article in the Manly Daily each week. You only have to look at last week's home game to see what sort of a crowd we get, imagine if it were a state of the art stadium, it would be packed to the rafters on a sunday arvo and might even improve crowd attendences on days when the weather isn't so good.

Definitely needs to be a DES HASLER stand if a new stadium was built or the current one brought up to scratch..

Masked Eagle said:
We do have a few high profile supporters who could help out. People like to bag News Ltd every chance they get (and rightfully so), but Sarah Murdoch on the arm of her hubby at some function is more than capable of getting the ear of influential people. And who really is going to say no to Sarah?

After watching the News ltd fiasco in the UK it was reported that Lachlan Murdoch is not involved in News Corp any more. He's out on his own with a stake in the Ten Network, probably getting ready to bid for the friday night games.

Swoop you are so right. Peter's should be all over this in the local rags. Making the point it would be good for the whole peninsula, not just our club. Drown out the Kirsh's of this world in positive speak.

For what it's worth, the power of the email can sometimes work. I have just sent a polite but forthright email to Barry O'Farrell asking for Brookie Funding.

If enough of us do that perhaps it will get through. I don't think aggressive or threatening emails will help, polite & positive is the way to go. Just go to the following web site and tap out an email in your own words, it sure as hell can't hurt unless it is aggressive and threatening.

http://www.barryofarrell.com.au/visitor-information/contact-us.html

DSM5 said:
Swoop you are so right. Peter's should be all over this in the local rags. Making the point it would be good for the whole peninsula, not just our club. Drown out the Kirsh's of this world in positive speak.

That bitch and the waringah council are doing everything in their power to syphon some of the 6mil away from the upgrade. The club need to re-enforce that when the 6mil was granted to us it was for the upgrade of brooky oval not for anything else.

Can someone please explain to me why we can put a grand stand up behind the hill, therefore keeping the hill and have a stadium behind it, it would be a sight to see ! Theres plenty of room, the only thing behind the hill is some toilets and vacant grass land ! It really is a no brainer. Keep the family hill, you then have 4 main stadiums Jane try, Ken Arthurson, Fulton/Menzies and take your pick ! Thoughts ?

The Arko stand is a ****ing joke.....it should be called the Mullane stand and the new stand as the Arko stand (behind the hill)

Copa Eagle said:
Can someone please explain to me why we can put a grand stand up behind the hill, therefore keeping the hill and have a stadium behind it, it would be a sight to see ! Theres plenty of room, the only thing behind the hill is some toilets and vacant grass land ! It really is a no brainer. Keep the family hill, you then have 4 main stadiums Jane try, Ken Arthurson, Fulton/Menzies and take your pick ! Thoughts ?

The ground belongs to the council and as far as I know Waringah council has the 6mil. They have been trying to get an agreement on a development plan but so far nothing seems suitable for all parties. Waringah council is a "rabble without a cause".

When we play Parramatta at Parramatta Stadium in a few weeks time, Des will be able to wax lyrical about the excellent state of the dressing room doors at that particular ground.

I didn't see the after match press conference.
Any links? It's not on NRL.com with all the other post match reports.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6