Des Has to be Kidding - teams V Tigers

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Guys:- Cut and Pated from the official site:-

\"The Sea Eagles have named a full strength team to take on the Tigers at Brookvale Oval this Saturday.\"

So theories about giving this or that player \"a go\" is out the door.
Ryan! You don't seriously believe that Zorba consults with anyone before he puts out his error ridden media releases do you?

I thought we discussed this on the weekend with the inside information being that Zorba's car is called Trigger.

Id say moorwood and JP cherry will get a fair bit of game time to give some of our other players a rest.

Sue, i'm still not sold on robbos poor conversion rate, defence and high ball capabilities - donald had speed and look what happened, however if he proves the better player then its his spot.

How DOES Witt rate by the way?

Darren Lockyer
Corey Hughes
Adam Dykes
Scott Hill
Kurt Gidley
Johnathon Thurston
John Morris
Preston Campbell
Braith Anasta
John Sutton
Trent Barrett
Nathan Fien
Benji Marshall

Or Monaghan as Hooker?

Not really Daniel. I'd support any Manly coach above Matas or anyone on these forums, unless Des became a Chris Anderson or Max Krilich-like coach.
I wonder when the day will come when we all get tired of the sniping of Silvertails from MSE people....and vice versa.....

It's the 2nd trial....i doubt Des will be using Cherry much this year..so personally I'll wait until round 1 or 2 before i have some concerns.

Not really Daniel. I'd support any Manly coach above Matas or anyone on these forums, unless Des became a Chris Anderson or Max Krilich-like coach.
I wonder when the day will come when we all get tired of the sniping of Silvertails from MSE people....and vice versa.....

It's the 2nd trial....i doubt Des will be using Cherry much this year..so personally I'll wait until round 1 or 2 before i have some concerns.

wow way to completely miss the point. it wasnt about the people it was about the loyalty!

jeeezzzuuussss

Tim Sheens was rated very highly as a coach as he has the people skills, technical ability plus motivational skills etc to sustain himself over a long period. Other coaches obviously knew their stuff but didn't have the people skills to get on with sponsors, management and players. Others get tired and of course some just don't have the cattle to get the job done.

Des has improved the team each year in his tenure. What more can he do? We certainly haven't any bettter players than the top teams - just ask other fans. How would Des go if he coached ST G or the Roosters.

He has to develop match plans to suit the strengths we have. Also he must grow the club and oversee its development.

Everyone raves about Tooves and what a good coach he is but PL have had their thrashings and also disappeared meekly from the semis two years in a row!!!!

I would have Des ahead of Anderson etc anyday and to put him in the same boat as Max Krilich is tantamount to heresy in my boat!!!

out 2 biggest losing margins in 2 years, each eceeding the other in calander order!

that my friend is not really improvement!

hard to go past the 2 points above but overall I believe he has improved the side.

if he does not improve further this year, well his time may be up.

hard to go past the 2 points above but overall I believe he has improved the side.

That's what I am saying. You don't judge the season in February or April.

September is what counts!!! Give the bloke a go for heaven's sakes!

[quote author=Barks]

wow way to completely miss the point. it wasnt about the people it was about the loyalty!

jeeezzzuuussss

[/quote]

not sure i really understand you, but I guess it can be misleading considering you feel so strongly as to snipe at MSE in your quote.

Out of interest, did you guys try and get the gig of running the manly site?

[quote author=Garts]

That's what I am saying. You don't judge the season in February or April.

September is what counts!!! Give the bloke a go for heaven's sakes!

[/quote]

where's your spirit CW? Let's starting whining early! :lol2:

ou guys try and get the gig of running the manly site?

You know the answer to that and credit has been given where it is due. See the threads on that from last week.

The club is bigger than a few guys jostling on a website. (Mind you many of the ideas in the ST proposal have been adopted!!!) A good website for Manly is just one aspect of a professional club and what is seen now is a marked improvement on where we were a year ago. You won't get any arguments about that here until you get to the moderating of the forum!!!

[quote author=Barks]

ou guys try and get the gig of running the manly site?

You know the answer to that and credit has been given where it is due. See the threads on that from last week.

The club is bigger than a few guys jostling on a website. (Mind you many of the ideas in the ST proposal have been adopted!!!) A good website for Manly is just one aspect of a professional club and what is seen now is a marked improvement on where we were a year ago. You won't get any arguments about that here until you get to the moderating of the forum!!!

[/quote]

cheers. I've actually only been able to get back on to this site the last week ( your records would show that ), because my workplace occasionally blocks access to certain sites they don't deem appropriate, so i wasn't aware of last weeks thread. I don't really favour one site over the other, just bewildered at the snipes/comparison posts on both forums.

I just can't help but have a shot at Daniel cause he whines and complains more than anyone's missus i know - so i'll have to stop jumping to conclusions like I did earlier on him. Sorry daniel.

Good to see you on and about Barks. I think everyone is sick of the childish stuff between supporters of the same club. If we have a good season it should all disappear. If we struggle .........

i think Manly are lucky to have quite a few decent sites going around... some other clubs dont even have 1 decent one..

Good to see.

[quote author=Daniel]
[quote author=Barks]

jeeezzzuuussss

[/quote]

not sure i really understand you, but I guess it can be misleading considering you feel so strongly as to snipe at MSE in your quote.

Out of interest, did you guys try and get the gig of running the manly site?
[/quote]

like you said in a later post you didnt see some of the posts and the ones that were deleted. These were retalitory remarks, the snipe had nothing to do with MSE and all to do with AJ, nothing else and no-one else.

Thanks for the apology later, even if it was back-handed!

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4