Des doesn't understand his job = major problem

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
MPC link said:
What do you want Des to say. He is certainly not going to tell everyone that the players didn't have a dig. He doesn't need to say it because we all saw it. I'm sure Des is pissed off after we don't compete to our ability and feels that less is best in this situation. I can't blame him for that.

Maybe Des should be saying his players didn't have a dig, it worked for the Eels with Hayne. Some of these blokes seem to think that all they need to do is turn up. We in trouble, a tough run home. I think being in the top 4 could be gone. Lets hope we get the Tigers in the finals.

lismore_fan link said:
Can't comment Ajay. Have never received Des's Diary! Dunno why? But it seems it's not worth complaining about anyway.

It's not.The only thing is,they trumpeted this great pearl of reading wisdom we were going to get.All it turned out to be was rehashed press conference.Why not say,"we're going to put the press conference in writing".

Manly To Win! link said:
The only thing I blame Hasler for in terms of our on-field problems is the fact that he is too loyal to the starting 17.
The reason he is so loyal is that there is no one to replace the starting 17 ( probably besides Matt Cross). Every week Des picks the best 17 players in the club. But realistically, who is going to perform better than the players who get picked every week?

Lyon_Roars link said:
[quote author=Manly To Win! link=topic=184435.msg281188#msg281188 date=1280812280]
The only thing I blame Hasler for in terms of our on-field problems is the fact that he is too loyal to the starting 17.
The reason he is so loyal is that there is no one to replace the starting 17 ( probably besides Matt Cross). Every week Des picks the best 17 players in the club. But realistically, who is going to perform better than the players who get picked every week?
[/quote]

Well surely it can't hurt to blood some youth every now and again? We don't know how they're going to go at FG level if we never actually see them play there. Cunningham, Sandow, Oldfield, Palau, Buhrer, Lussick - why not blood them at some stage? Surely they've got to be better than Bailey? What happens when we lose Perry - are we just going to expect a new prop to slot right in? And I highly doubt we're going to buy anyone, so we need to blood some players while we've got the chance with the group we've got, otherwise when they get injured or move on, we're going to be incredibly short on experience.

I have a great idea. Let's find a public speaker who has great media skills and who is polished, fluent and dynamic. Let's make him coach. (Though I detest him, maybe Parrott Alan Jones is available)

Doesn't matter if he can't coach, has no idea, is inferior to the knowledgeable and intelligent posters on Silvertail. net, as long as we get good press conferences.

Or maybe we need a coach who played for Australia, played in premiership teams under some of the greatest coaches of all time, has won a premiership as a coach, is as competitive as anyone alive, who has the big picture and says what he needs to say to the players behind closed doors!!

Canteen Worker link said:
I have a great idea. Let's find a public speaker who has great media skills and who is polished, fluent and dynamic. Let's make him coach. (Though I detest him, maybe Parrott Alan Jones is available)

Doesn't matter if he can't coach, has no idea, is inferior to the knowledgeable and intelligent posters on Silvertail. net, as long as we get good press conferences.

Best post ever,Go Des give them nothing
SEIGE MENTALITY PEOPLE!!! NOONE LIKES US AND WE DONT CARE
GIVE THEM NOTHING!!! Wheel out player after player to say nothing at press days and then GET UP THERE YOURSELF,Smile and give them absolutely nothing!

Or maybe we need a coach who played for Australia, played in premiership teams under some of the greatest coaches of all time, has won a premiership as a coach, is as competitive as anyone alive, who has the big picture and says what he needs to say to the players behind closed doors!!

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6