1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Des back to Manly???

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by madmax, Oct 12, 2016.

1. madmax

madmax Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +569 / 63
    Stalemate at Belmore
    Watch for the Des Hasler contract drama at Canterbury to be resolved within days.
    Hasler wants a two-year extension, the club won't give it to him.
    The two-time premiership-winning coach feels like he is being treated shabbily and something has to give.
    Hasler has been white-anted to such an extent that there seems little chance of him remaining
    He will walk but only if the Dogs cough up the last year of his contract.
    There is a talk of Dean Pay and Mick Potter taking over at Belmore, while Jim Dymock has plenty of fans.
    As for Hasler, he could replace Laurie Daley as NSW coach in 2018 - or make a triumphant return to Brookvale.........

• Like Like x 1
  2. TimmyQ

TimmyQ Active Member

Ratings:
    +322 / 10
    Source???

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 40
    Who Is this Maly you speak of?

4. madmax

madmax Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +569 / 63
    lolol............sorry mate had a blonde moment!! All fixed!

• Like Like x 1
  5. southsideeagle

southsideeagle Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +407 / 9
    "Triumphant ?" hmmm I assume there are some that would cheer that .. others are leaving there tomatoes on the window sill to ripe a little more. If we a gutting the Club with removal of all evidence of a few years back then can not see how Des would fit into that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. jamesie

jamesie Active Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0
    The words of Cement Gillespie (who I met at the Dogs v Manly game in August) are ringing in my ears " Des will end up back at Manly, it may take a change of scenery there, but he will go back....."

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Supernintendo Chalmers

Supernintendo Chalmers Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +401 / 6
    Wouldn't mind a cheeky pineapple on Toovey getting this gig. I reckon he'll be involved in some capacity in '17 and take over full time in '18.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. king2213

king2213 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 171
    now that all the Bulldogs contracts are back ended and Manlys roster is on the rise

he will be back .... He loves Manly ... but can he be trusted ?

his experience will be huge

9. Nice Beaver

Nice Beaver Active Member

Ratings:
    +592 / 17
    Which Bulltards contracts are back ended?

My understanding was the NRL banned this.

10. doc

doc Active Member

Ratings:
    +119 / 7
    bring him back, Barrett can be assistant

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Clever Clever x 1
  11. doc

doc Active Member

Ratings:
    +119 / 7
    the Dogs believe Des doesn't understand their DNA. And I think that can be fair. Culture is a big thing. For the same reason Manly rarely has 'non-Manly' people coaching the team.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Nice Beaver

Nice Beaver Active Member

Ratings:
    +592 / 17
    The funny thing is, the tip seems to be Cleary going there.
    So either the journos with the hot tip are completley wrong (extremely likely) or the Bulltards are using that reason as an excuse to get rid of the megalomaniac.

13. Simonmyers11

Simonmyers11 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,037 / 97
    If another side offer dez 1 million a season for next year he wont have to worry about dogs paying him out for final year?? Will be getting his money .

If we do chase dez, hope we retain baz as an assistant as he has a great rapport with all the players and i think can still bring something to the team. Get rid of cartright and bring back crusher to replace him in recruiting.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,625 / 132
    Des would want to have us top 4 next year and GF in 18 given how he raped the club on the way out

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Shnorky

Shnorky Active Member

Ratings:
    +163 / 8
    Hasler wouldn't agree to go drive by shooting after training, so he's out of the loop

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. bringbackbeaver

bringbackbeaver Member

Ratings:
    +128 / 4
    Don't know how well Baz would take that. The only way I could see it happening is if Des takes on a Phil Gould type role and Bozo reverts to the board or something of the like. Not sure Des would want that sort of role. Perhaps after 12 years in the coaches chair he would be open to something different. Would certainly be a great mentor for Baz and maybe we could snag a decent player or two from the dogs

17. mosto

mosto Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +992 / 10
    The Dogs DNA may be hard to understand, but it's easy to access. The police have the majority of their fans DNA on file.

• Funny Funny x 14
    • Winner Winner x 1