Des and the Panthers

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
We don't need to worry, I have just fired an email off to Gus with a few links to the posts of Technical Coach, he should be their number 1 target now

Des himself has said he hasn't put pen to paper, but we need him or we will lose a host of talent. Coaches salaries aren't included in the salary cap and by the reports in the media it's a boardroom decision. Our co-owners and club need to whatever it takes to tie him up for a few more seasons.

I love Des other comment when asked about Brett Stewarts try celebration.

"It was just a bit of fun, if he really wanted to have a dig he'd have got the whip out"

Kiwi Eagle said:
We don't need to worry, I have just fired an email off to Gus with a few links to the posts of Technical Coach, he should be their number 1 target now

lol

fLIP said:
I love Des other comment when asked about Brett Stewarts try celebration.

"It was just a bit of fun, if he really wanted to have a dig he'd have got the whip out"
lol love it

I agree with BE,this seems to just be a stupid rumour in saying that since there is no salray cap for coaches we should have already signed him for top dollar ffs.

In Des's own words on Fox, he has been offered a 2 year extension and he is flattered. Negotiations will start shortly.

As soon as Des re-signs, so will Hoppa.

Well its not actually a rumour. Its Fact. Des hasn't signed with us, despite having a 2 year deal on the table, and the Panthers are interested. Whether he'll go is another matter entirely.

Cambo said:
didnt someone else report on here he has agree to terms with manly on a two year extension

I commented on another thread he had agreed to a two year extension after I heard him on BSB. I just listened to the podcast which you can get on their website:
http://www.bigsportsbreakfast.com.au/podcasts.php

He says 'they've agreed to a two year extension but nothing has been inked'. You need two parties for an agreement otherwise its just an offer.
It sounded to me like he was agreeing to stay. Have a listen yourself and sorry if I've caused any confusion.

Seano said:
Cambo said:
didnt someone else report on here he has agree to terms with manly on a two year extension

I commented on another thread he had agreed to a two year extension after I heard him on BSB. I just listened to the podcast which you can get on their website:
http://www.bigsportsbreakfast.com.au/podcasts.php

He says 'they've agreed to a two year extension but nothing has been inked'. You need two parties for an agreement otherwise its just an offer.
It sounded to me like he was agreeing to stay. Have a listen yourself and sorry if I've caused any confusion.
dont know if this has been put on here but look at the last line,it was in the Manly Daily

UPBEAT Manly coach Des Hasler believes upwards of four Sea Eagles will be part of the Blues squad for this year’s Origin series, with teenager William Hopoate among them.

Hasler told The Manly Daily second-rower Anthony Watmough has done enough to maintain his place in the Blues squad for Origin I against the Maroons this month.

The Daily understands Watmough is on the edge of selection for the series opener on May 25 at Suncorp Stadium.

The Narrabeen junior has had a mixed start to his 2011 campaign with a very public off-field misdeameanour not helping his cause.

Will any Sea Eagles play Origin this year? Tell us below.

But Hasler is certain the 27-year-old has been building in recent weeks and can add to his five Blues’ caps next Wednesay week.

“I think Anthony’s form in the past month has been immense,” the coach said.

“He’s been playing pretty well.”

Hasler also said forwards Glenn Stewart and Jason King can again play Origin.

“Glenn Stewart has got a really good inside chance and Jason King has been pretty consistent as well,” the coach said.

“I think he (King) could handle it again.

“He’s an experienced player and will not let anyone down.”

The premiership-winning coach also believes young Hopoate is ripe for Origin selection this year.

The 19-year-old made his City Origin debut last Friday night.

Hasler said Origin football this year will not be out of reach for the talented utility back.

“I don’t think he will get in the first one,” Hasler said.

“But, I wouldn’t be surprised, if things aren’t going well, he’s name doesn’t come up for games II and III.”

Meanwhile, Hasler has distanced himself from joining the Panthers this year, confident he will agree on a two-year contract extension which will keep him at Brookvale until the end of 2014.

“I’m quite happy where I am here,” he said.

Can't see 4 players from us @ Origin possibly 2
Choc is a certainty the Qlders can't stand him
Gifty or King maybe

Hold Hoppa Jnr back a year

Why does it take us so long to sign someone? Can't believe Des is not signed yet. This is all we need players worrying about Des staying or going. Maybe a trip to office works for some pens is needed. I think Des will stay and just put it out there for the board to hurry up and get a pen.

Hmmm.... I was wrong... but I just saw Blocker on TV. He says that Des is juz playing silly buggers with Manly. No way would he take orders from anyone.
Thanks Block

eagles2win said:

He's no certainty as stated in the media a few weeks ago he's had a falling out with Sheens because he apparently a bad influence off the field. G Stewart might get the nod before him.

Personally, I'm selfish and I hope none of our players get picked.

lismore_fan said:
Hmmm.... I was wrong... but I just saw Blocker on TV. He says that Des is juz playing silly buggers with Manly. No way would he take orders from anyone.
Thanks Block

thats what I thought but it all depends how much effort and say Gould wants.

1. if he just wants and easy pay check and be an advisor he will sign an experienced coach like Des.

2. if he wants to run the show he will sign a Nathan Brown

Gould hasnt wanted to coach and knocked back plenty of offers up to now so possibly he wants to go the 1st option.

?????

Is Gus getting back into footy because:

a. He really misses it
b. He's not that confident of ch9 retaining the tv rights and is looking to get a job before it happens
c. Probably most likely, he is good mates with the packers and it was that which made him a highly paid league commentator and without James's influence at ch9 he has to start supplementing his income from somewhere else.

swoop said:
eagles2win said:

He's no certainty as stated in the media a few weeks ago he's had a falling out with Sheens because he apparently a bad influence off the field. G Stewart might get the nod before him.

Personally, I'm selfish and I hope none of our players get picked.

Sheens is a **** coach though (game plan exists of passing the ball to Benji and hope for the best) and most players can't stand him i.e Darius Boyd.

Masked Eagle said:
Is Gus getting back into footy because:

a. He really misses it
b. He's not that confident of ch9 retaining the tv rights and is looking to get a job before it happens
c. Probably most likely, he is good mates with the packers and it was that which made him a highly paid league commentator and without James's influence at ch9 he has to start supplementing his income from somewhere else.

i think he wants to get back into it so he can coach the BLUES.. imagine how swell his head would get if he wins a series after being out for so long & all the drubbings NSW have been through..

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8