Des and Graham - like your comments hate that you said it.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

eagle-rock08

Reserve Grader
I liked the comemnts about the inconsistency of the NRL management.

But now I feel that David Gallop may now have a kneejerk reaction and with allies like Bill Harrigan (who I feel hates Manly with a passion) that every 50/50 penalty goes agin Manly.

It will be interesting to compare our previous year penalties to this year and our penalties to every other team for 2011.

I hope I am wrong but feel that the comments may cost us games points or position this year.

If it is that obvious the Media would jump right on it. It would be akin to match fixing just because they don't like a particular team.

It needed to be said, I highly doubt the officials will take this onto the field and intentionally make decisions not go our way.

If this was ever the case then the game has much bigger problems.

It won't be conscious, but every decision we make in life is subjected to our subconscious prejudices. The decisions that have to be made instantly in the "heat of the moment" are the ones that are most influenced by our subconscious prejudices.

We are screwed with the referees for sure.

Honestly, I loved that they spoke out. They weren't the only ones thinking of it, and someone needed to show Brett some solidarity.

Des is unbelievably loyal (as we've noted before, it is occasionally to the team's detriment), and this was just an example of him standing by one of his guys. Gotta respect that.

LOVE THE WAY THE CLUB IS RESPONDING TO GALLOP AND HIS BAND OF FOOLS.  NO ONE LIKES US, SO WE MAY AS WELL TELL IT LIKE IT IS.

I guess they both felt they had nothing to lose. It's not like Gallop was going to do us any favours this year anyway, and it's good that we're supporting our own. Maybe the "us against them" mentality will work for the team. We'll just have to wait and see.

I'm still trying to work out how the word "Independent" is applied to the new commission with that peanut Gallop still in charge.

I don't think they'd take a vendetta on-field.As with all "conspiracies",there only has to be one slip up,and the whole deck of cards comes down.As another poster said,unfair penalty counts would be match fixing,and I'm sure goose and "cement truck" wouldn't leave themselves that open.

I agree. I don't know why the media don't jump on this issue. We lost so many games last year because the refs smashed us with penalties. Someone explain to me why all our penalties came in the second half?? Why not the first 40??

I think Gallops original kneejerk was in response to the club giving him the finger by not suspending Brett in the first place. The club knew the sort of person Brett was and how unlikely the allegations were and rightly stood by him by naming him to play. Gallop of course took it personally and decided to over react and make a point by stepping in and fabricating a myth about double demerit weekends and faces of the game. He has struggled to justify his vendetta ever since. Good on Des and Lowey for calling a clown a clown.

manlyborn link said:
I'm still trying to work out how the word \"Independent\" is applied to the new commission with that peanut Gallop still in charge.

When the IC comes into place, Lowey will be one of his 24 bosses. Gallop will have to start answering to the Board and the CEO's/Chairmen of the 16 clubs.

Gallop won't last a year under the IC.

I sort of agree with eagle-rock08. Some things need to be said but as an organisation care needs to be taken in not pissing off absolutely everybody. We, as a club, have fallen out with the police (social networking), the Council (about everything at Brookie and threatening to take games away), the pollies (booing Hazzard), the NRL, and the refs. I'm not saying that it isn't justified but if we want to stake the silvertail mantle and cause rifts everywhere then we can't be surprised that there is no love when we want or need something.

ManlyBacker link said:
I sort of agree with eagle-rock08. Some things need to be said but as an organisation care needs to be taken in not pissing off absolutely everybody. We, as a club, have fallen out with the police (social networking), the Council (about everything at Brookie and threatening to take games away), the pollies (booing Hazzard), the NRL, and the refs. I'm not saying that it isn't justified but if we want to stake the silvertail mantle and cause rifts everywhere then we can't be surprised that there is no love when we want or need something.

Yeah too true MB. We have pissed in a lot of backyards lately. Can't see us getting the rub of the green with decisions on or off the field too soon. One wonders if we have the management team and players to fight against the adversity that is coming our way in the next few years.

ManlyBacker link said:

I don't think we have fallen out with the Police.  The AFP came out and defended our players against the Telegraph's mud slinging.

http://www.afp.gov.au/media-centre/news/afp/2011/february/AFPs-online-seminars-with-NRL-clubs.aspx

ManlyBacker link said:
As Midnight Oil sang  "better to die on your feet than to live on your knees"
Manly Sea Eagles " The Power and the Passion"

from twitter

Manly has just released a savage media release re: Benji. Stand by for the full statement #NRL
3 minutes ago

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8