Des and choc the reggies and the Goat

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
This has to be the odd couple of all odd couples. No doubt they get along but choc is undisciplined, always getting into trouble, makes error after error, and still one of the highest paid players in the comp. Des and crush have picked up some great bargain forwards over the years so obviously they see him as an X factor, and he can be very very good .

But this is a Man that needs to see the sunshine coast as he can get a bit strayed from the task

As i am only new to this site correct me if i am wrong here. Did choc use his contract money to purchase some goat photos from willow. Will choc be manlys shifty sherwin, long contract, big dollars big disappointment. I hope not as he is better than that, but tell me its not a possability

Josh Perry could also do with a stint although he is not in chocs class yet, He looks like he is in a comfort zone. He has been great for manly and i wish him all the best in the UK. Maybe they should ask St helens if they want him now .

What guts me the most is that last nights team is the strongest possible team (on paper) that the sea eagles can field this season.

Choc got his dollars on the back of half a dozen big games last year, that's it. I actually said to my brother when contract negotiations were happening that I hoped we wouldn't mortgage the leagues club to keep him. I said it at the time I wouldn't have offered more than 300,000 for him.

Last night when we watched the game, whenever a mistake or missed tackle was made we all predicted who it was that made the mistake before rewinding. Invariably it was Choc. And the missed tackle count? How accurate? Manly missed three in the first play of the game. Watch it again...

Choc missed 8 last night

He had an extremely poor game, and his form has been down all season.

However I still don't think he has been going as terribly as he gets portrayed on here either

Have a closer look at the game. Whenever a mistake is made, stop and have a look at who was responsible or dangerously close to the action...

I watch them bloody closely mate

I guess where that line is coming from about him maybe not going as badly as we think, is that in every single mid season review I read in all the different publications, they have him listed as being 1 of our top players this season

But as I was saying to my brother last night, the media have the power to build up or knock down a sportsman, regardless of how they are truly going. We still raise the issue of Kurt Gidley during one of last year's origin matches. Basically, he was crap but when we read in the papaer that he got an eight out of ten, we nearly choked on our cornflakes. If I had the media on my side, I could be the NSW origin half next year...

I know what you mean mate, I hate the media.

Choc's form is well down from last year, no doubt about it. I guess I give him a little bit more lee way, but he is a bloke you can see giving it everything week in week out. His running metre stats are ok, if he can sort the mits out again his form isn't too far off

I would not drop him to the Qld cup but a few of the stars need a rocket.  Would definately drop him to the bench. 

DROPMO ,king of dropped balls and giving away penaltys thats all hes beeng good for this year ,he got his 400k a year and doesnt give a toss anymore !!!!!!

And then there is the demon drink ...

I wouldn't do a Ricky S and send him to the cup side.  But,  I'd bench him and his mate Gift.  They both seem to have seen to much footie.  They both look tired and jaded.

For someone who is new to the site they certainly have intimate knowledge of the goat.  Choc is crap though.  The goat may play better.

IN my opinion, a contract size should determine the way a coach / management interact with a player. If they need pulling into line (either on or OFF the park it should be done).

Our club presently isn't doing this. There is no accountability, passion or heart. We have too many money hungry swill surrounding the passionate boys - I hope Des, Crusher & Lowe can weed them out, and **** them off.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4