Des adding fuel to fire

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

NYEagle

Bencher
Reading about the press conference with Des yesterday it is clear to me that he has a chip on his shoulder and is continuing to add fuel to the fire between Manly and the NRL/media/officialdom. This despite Arkos pleas for Manly to broker a truce with the NRL.

Des is a very smart man, and should we win the premiership he should take as much credit as the players for providing the key elements.

Des is keeping the fires burning, and for good reason. This is what it will take to give Manly that edge to win the premiership. We have a team that fires on aggression - members such as Matai, Watmough, Foran, Rose, Kite, B Stewart, even Ballin will thrive in the angry party and assuming they have all learned the value of controlled aggression will have plenty of firepower to bury these 40 minute Broncos, assisted Tigers, depleted Storm, punchless Warriors, punchless Dragons, two man Cowboys and absent Knights.

Thanks to Des, Manly are ready.

Get on board and with full voice. I'm pumped.

NYEagle

We can have as much aggression as we want over the finals period, but whats the point in having the aggression if you dont have the players on deck round 1 finals series, if theres no Brett and Hoppa game 1 then we lose alot of that skill and controlled aggressionn!

NYEagle said:
Des is a very smart man, and should we win the premiership he should take as much credit as the players for providing the key elements.

IMO he should take most of the credit.

I'm 100% behind Des and his comments.
What's this call to "broker peace with the NRL" all about? Do you think if we break bread with them then we'll win a the penalty count, fairer treatment in the media, or allowed to play a home final at Brookie?

The NRL is supposed to be neutral, and administer the game equally for all 16 clubs. If anyone thinks this is the case then they are dreaming.

To broker a deal takes both sides to actually work at the deal together. The nrl will never do us the honour of listening to anything we have to say all they do is rubbish what we say and demand we do this or that. That is not brokering a deal. Certain people at the nrl need to get off their high horse, grow up and learn some negotiating skills, instead of just constantly blaming Des and Manly.

• 👍
Reactions: ads
Des seems to be using a fibro/silvertails approach - similar to Roy Masters. Us against them mentality.

Good one Des.

The club should just get over it.Frankly it is becoming boring and more importantly,pointless.We have a great team and coach and its been 3 years.Enough is enough.

AND When a bloke like ARKO says enough is enough that'll do me.He ran our great club through thick and thin for a lifetime and seen it all.We play aggressive enough anyway, plus it would have been nice to have a full roster available,which we havent for 3 years.The only one who can lose out of this is us.NRL couldnt care less and gets more support with each whinge.

Onwards and upwards..

Copa Eagle said:
We can have as much aggression as we want over the finals period, but whats the point in having the aggression if you dont have the players on deck round 1 finals series, if theres no Brett and Hoppa game 1 then we lose alot of that skill and controlled aggressionn!

We cant win big games without controlled agression/passion either as this lifts all players to another level. Quote; The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire.

Hi Phatar

It's not an attack by Des, but you can see he is keeping it tense and on purpose.

NYEagle

Susan, if Kenny Ronny Arthurson wants to help out...why doesn't he just pick up the phone and call Gallop and co and organise a meeting? Rather than using Peters' old mate Phil to write fluff pieces about the former to try and bolster his longterm job prospects at Narrabeen? That article is as much about Zorba as it is about the Club's relationship with the NRL.

Whilst on the subject, I heard a story recently:

Peter was on a motoring holiday (driving a Winnebago) in the US with his lovely wife when they stopped at Yellowstone National Park in Wyoming. Peter spotted another Winnebago, sporting Vermont number plates and went over to introduce himself to the elderly couple in that Winnebago. "Hi, I'm Patoulas Peterides, also imaginatively known as Peter Peters, media manager for the pride of the northern beaches peninsula since 1947, the mighty Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles. You're no doubt aware that I partnered the legendary Iron Man of Sydney rugby league, the great Terry 'Igor' Randall, in the second row of the Manly-Warringah team that went on to defeat the pride of the Sutherland Shire, the birthplace of modern Australia, the Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks, led around around that day by that great Englishman, the wily Tommy Bishop, ably supported by legendary English hardman Cliff Watson, in the toughest grand final on record, the 1973 decider at the historic Sydney Cricket Ground, in front of a packed crowd, on Saturday, 15th September 1973". Peter breathlessly finished his traditional introductory spiel.

The couple from Vermont stared back blankly....

Similar stories are filtering in from Peru, the Ukraine and Kenya.

eagle-rock08 said:
Des seems to be using a fibro/silvertails approach - similar to Roy Masters. Us against them mentality.

Good one Des.

I think I agree: Des is purposely doing this. He is keeping the anger going. He is focused and using with great intent the motivation of retribution. He has the most important people on his side - his team. He doesn't need anyone else. He doesn't need our opinions or thoughts, whether for or against his tactic. He doesn't care for the blessings of the NRL, Gallop or the media; he wants their curses. He doesn't want him or his team liked. He wants a line in the sand - us v them. This arouses more passion and power. Right now, with Des's intent firmly fixed in the minds of the players, they are angry focused men... until they bring home the bacon on GF day... and then, and only then, he may offer the conciliatory hand of peace.
I'm loving it; keep shoving it up their tail pipe, Des!

Maintain the Rage! Des is a master tactician, he would have good reasons. Those
who find it boring can just ignore him. The rest of us can enjoy the sideshow :)

susan said:
The club should just get over it.Frankly it is becoming boring and more importantly,pointless.We have a great team and coach and its been 3 years.Enough is enough.

AND When a bloke like ARKO says enough is enough that'll do me.He ran our great club through thick and thin for a lifetime and seen it all.We play aggressive enough anyway, plus it would have been nice to have a full roster available,which we havent for 3 years.The only one who can lose out of this is us.NRL couldnt care less and gets more support with each whinge.

Onwards and upwards..

We are talking about a life long commitment to the old belief "no one likes us we don't care" attitude. For too long the fans and the players have forgotten what its like to truely be a member of the Maroon and White army and to wear the colours with passion. For too long people were feeling sorry for us. Now, the hatred is back...and I am LOVING EVERY MINUTE OF IT!!! Don't blame Des, a man who played through those days, for using what he was taught by Bozo to get us another premiership.

That's what makes our club unique: only coaches and CEO's that have bled Maroon and White should run the show at Manly because they are the only ones that truely understand what it means to put on that jersey and wear it with pride.

It's time others started realising this as well. Good on you Des.

Phantar said:
Watch the interview, nowhere near as bad as some outlets have portrayed it. In fact there were no problems at all.

Is there a link? Couldn't find it.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Phantar said:
Watch the interview, nowhere near as bad as some outlets have portrayed it. In fact there were no problems at all.

Is there a link? Couldn't find it.

Link is in this thread: http://forums.silvertails.net/Thread-Rnd-26-Post-Match-Interview

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6