Depth next year is awesome !!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ryan

Journey Man
01. Brett Stewart / Sean Meaney / Michael Bani / Michael Robertson
02. Michael Robertson / Nick Bradley Qualilawa / Michael Bani / Shane Neumann
03. Steve Matai / Shane Neumann / Jamie Lyon
04. Steven Bell / Jamie Lyon / Shane Neumann / Nick Bradley Qualilawa
05. Shane Neumann / Michael Bani / Nick Bradley Qualilawa
06. Jamie Lyon / Clint Halden / Aaron Groom
07. Matt Orford / Aaron Groom / Clint Halden
08. Jason King / Mark Bryant / Glenn Hall / Adam Cuthbertson / Josh Perry / Sione fenefuali / Phil Moorwood
09. Matt Ballin / Heath Le'Strange / Shane Dunley ??
10. Brent Kite / Mark Bryant / Glenn Hall / Adam Cuthbertson / Josh Perry / Sione fenefuali / Phil Moorwood
11. Anthony Watmough / Adam Cuthbertson / Luke Williamson / Glenn Hall / Jack Afamsaga / Jason Wells
12. Steve Menzies / Adam Cuthbertson / Luke Williamson / Glenn Hall / Jack Afamsaga / Jason Wells
13. Glenn Stewart / Adam Cuthbertson / Luke Williamson / Glenn Hall / Jack Afamsaga / Jason Wells

14. Clint Halden / Heath Le'Strange / Aaron Groom
15. George Rose / Adam Cuthbertson / Glenn Hall
16. Mark Bryant / Josh Perry
17. Luke Williamson / Jack Afamasaga

Then think about the players I believe will be pushing for a 1st grade spot:-

Chris Trembath
Harry Berryman
Andrew Everingham
Mark Offerdahl
Jeff Robson
Vic Mauro
Jon Grieve
Junior Ahio
Sam Key
Sean Dalton

and co.

Not bad eh peoples?

Plus of coarse there is the fringe players that I have not mentioned, plus other signings we may not know about.

you forgot Father Christmas and the Easter Bunny, and throw Stuart Fielden in there as well

Have you seen many of those PLers and JF players play Ryan?

Chris Trembath (yes)
Harry Berryman (yes)
Andrew Everingham (yes)
Mark Offerdahl (yes)
Jeff Robson (yes)
Vic Mauro (not that I remember)
Jon Grieve (yes)
Junior Ahio (not that I remember)
Sam Key (yes)
Sean Dalton (yes)

Why do you ask?

you forgot Father Christmas and the Easter Bunny, and throw Stuart Fielden in there as well

What do you mean. All these players will be playing for The Sea Eagles next year Fro. The top 17 is pretty wekll set in stone. Or are you being negative just to be negative? :roll:

No Ryan I was referring to your prediliction for throwing 4 million names in a list and thinking of it as gospel.

I'll bet money our top 17 is not set in stone, injuries, loss of form, late signings, late leavings. any number of things can happen between Jul 2007 and Feb 2008, and hopefully a premiership is one of them.

Is Grrom staying? Why Deadwood? Surely he will be released now that we have Perry and Rose to come back,

I've seen many of these guys play but it's very tough to get to excited about their play, because few are putting their hand up demanding NRL selection. So when you add these blokes as "Depth next year is awesome" I was looking for the nearest bucket.

But it's a good discussion topic so cheers.

He has only named 3 people (Bani, Wells & Groom) in the 17 that have not played 1st grade before, our depth does look ok based on that.

Ryan then added the other younger ones saying he believes they may be pushing for a 1st grade spot, he didnt say they are 1st in line should injuries arise.

Garts is being fair.

Arent you other blokes being just a tad hard on Ryan? I mean what would the world be like without Yarts?

Inconceivable !

I guess the whole point was that a lot has been said about our lack of depth we "may" have next year, but if you look at it like the above, that may not be the case. I mean a few of:-

George Rose
Mark Bryant
Adam Cuthbertson
Glenn Hall
Luke Williamson
Josh Perry
Jack Afamasaga

are going to have to play Premier League.

Then if you go to the utilities:-

Clint Halden
Aaron Groom
Heath L'estrange

Heath was at my neighbours, and mentioned he was with us next year. Whether that's signed sealed and delivered is beyond me.

I think it's fair to ay (at full strength), and even without new signings (on top of Perry / Le'Strange), we are good for depth.

I've seen many of these guys play but it's very tough to get to excited about their play, because few are putting their hand up demanding NRL selection. So when you add these blokes as \"Depth next year is awesome\" I was looking for the nearest bucket.

But it's a good discussion topic so cheers.

Disagree Byso. I like the looks of a few of these blokes. Particularly:-

Wells
Trembath
Groom
Offerdahl
Neumann

I also like the way Ballin + Burns + Cuthbertson have recently come along. Gives me a whole lot more respect for the junior system.

WElls has been with us for at least 2 years and could be 3, and has not looked like getting a sniff at NRL.

Draw your own conclusions from that

Wells is next in line for the backrowers Fro. Last year he was far too skinny but this year he is a good size yet still mobile and has been one of PL best..

Ryan, out of your pushing for 1st grade players, 6 have played Flegg this year, and none have been dominating PL in the same way that Ballin and Cuthbo have been over recent years. Out of those Vic Mauro the former flegg captain has looked the best lately and Chris Trembath is finally settling into the faster paced environment. Even so i dont see any of them pushing for a spot, maybe falling into it like Halden but no way pushing. Some cant even keep their spots in PL week to week.

That said i think we have more talented depth by a long way compared to a few years ago and should it get called upon for the odd occasion then those individuals will do ok.

Saw Des on 9 news saying they will be in talks for Cuthbo this week which is good.

Compared to years past we have huge depth. I'm with Ryan 100%. Trembath & Wells will be to next year what Ballin & Cuthbo have been to this year. Jack & Sione can play 1sts, no doubt & Groom is the next big thing.
Halden & Bani have done nothing all year in PL but prove that tey're1st graders.
Like I keep saying, we should forget about buying current, established 1st graders & keep looking for kids in both our own juniors & elsewhere so that this richness of talent can continue to come through the club as it currently is.
Surely the doubters are starting to realise this.

Wells was named on a extended bench either late last year or early this season, he is obviously close to selection.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4