Delayed reaction and Tigers tactics

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Had to wait to see the replay. A few extra comments on the game and people's reactions:

yes top stuff (great round of games really). The 2 best teams of last year put on a great show. But a real round 1 game; heaps of errors, some wonky decision-making etc, mixed in with some absolutely scintillating quality and powerhouse stuff. A few points:

TRex; puts the legitimacy back in saying 'awesome'. and has such great (big) hands he rarely gives the ball up.

All the pigs were good. Watmough the pick behind Trex. Kitey looks rejuvenated to me. and leave 'Combat' alone; he was very solid. I think Georgie has some work to do to get up to speed at present.

DCE: played with complete confidence and composure. The difference between him and young johnson was there to see, quite a few errors in his game unlike DCE (brilliant prospect that johnson, but some maturing to do). by contrast, DCE comes up with the winning play.

B Stewart being watched like a hawk. No matter; he still contributed to a couple of tries (and a couple of errors too).

So, the tigers: will manly's already apparent tendency to be more attacking this year be a plus or minus against the tigers? It could be a bit of a repeat of the warriors game, but moltzen and benji a bit older and wiser than the warriors pair. With Matai and Foran out on the right side it will be tricky against the tigers attack (and gift). too bad farrar is out.

Frogz said:
Did George Rose play.....he was at Lidcombe Oval on saturday

I think Georgie has some work to do to get up to speed at present

Read what was originally written, and don't assume there is an error. The point being made is clearly that George has some work to do to get back into the team.

That knob Tallis last night on Fox rated Johnstone the player of the round ahead of DCE what a tool.

Nice post IMT. Well said.
And you are right Mickqld, "he is a knob & a tool".

I am looking forward to seeing how Oldfield handles Ryan this week.

The try that Ryan scored at the end of the game for the tigers will be another in the list of good tries from the round. Great try and well done. We will need Matai to stay in place and both ready to turn, because it is hard to deny, that despite his persona he is actually a quality player.

Going to be a good match up anyway you look at it. Only downside is that they are playing it on delay up here :(

Now that News has exited the game I can't see why anyone would hire Tallis to commentate or give any opinion. He, along with Fittler, is almost inarticulate. He just sits there and grins and says idiotic things. I used to like him as a player, but as a commentator, he's just not up to it. Ditto Fittler. On an aside, it seems that one has to be bald, or almost, to get a gig on footie TV these days.

Come across the border to the NT Dan. It is live here.
I'll shout you a Darwin stubby. :D

I know ...thats what I said about George too.....I can Read Dan79...it was just a question as I ddint see it...thanks

Clint said:
Come across the border to the NT Dan. It is live here.
I'll shout you a Darwin stubby. :D

If it were that simple i would. I am closer to the GC though :)

I hate having to be on Radio silence for games and then staying up until 11:30 I get tired at about 9:30 these days :(

Might just have to go on complete radio silence and watch it first thing saturday morning instead.

Yes Dan I miss living on the goldy. I may even drive down and see if I can con a pub in to putting a screen on nbn for me ;)

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6