Defensive line speed

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Im my opinion the line speed is just a result of other issues.

The most worrying thing for me is our lack of respect for posession. Every time we get near the line, we put on the play and we have to score at all costs and are quite prepared to blow it. gone are the days of building pressure through line drop outs and sensible play. Its all or nothing and most often results in nothing. Manly have the skill to blow games apart once they have earned the right to. Where we hand the opposition the ball is not in our control.

Kick returns. Now im not talking about player 1 , but rarely does the team make much ground on the first 3 tackles. This clearly inhibits our ability to attack and provide kick pressure other than the bomb. Im not sure if this is due to fatigue, laziness but we need to have a plan of getting out of our territoy and it seems to be left to individual plays.

We play dumb , reckless footy. We do not pay enough attention to the basics, posession and field position. With this confidence, points and line speed will come

For too long we have been able to get away with this due to a super footy team. Now we pay the price and need to learn again how to compete with the better teams. And it wont happen with airy fairy touch footy that lacks brains

Right on point. 'Dumb footy' perpetuated by a desperation to win and score at all costs, because we are behind on the ladder, and behind in games. Posters usually say 'there is a lack of effort, and laziness - not much grunt, etc'. But it can also be said with certain players, that their nerves aren't well controlled which leads to dumb passes, misjudged kicks, error in positional plays, and the like. I can see more desperate and dumb footy, than a lack of effort.

At the risk of being howled down, our defense has been poor since the Dalai left for Parra. He is a very poor Head Coach but he was a very good defensive coach for us in 2013.

I'm not sure who our current defense coach is but he needs to go.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7