Defensive lesson

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ricardo

Bencher
Manly has had a rubbish year and I thought I would help the coaching staff by stating why.

DEFENCE!

Please have a look at the following video. It's a bit old now but as relevant now as ever.

http://m.nrl.com/the-breakdown-with-matt-elliott-defence/tabid/10959/contentid/757593/default.aspx

After viewing this have a look at one of Manly's games and hit pause every now and then to see where our players are. Our problem is the opposition is allowed to get up and play the ball too fast which in turn doesn't allow our defensive line to get set and push forward. Simple stuff, but it's been like this every game.

Whoever the new coach will be should instill the mantra "hold them up, push them back" so our defensive line can get set and then come forward.

If this is the tactic for rugby league these days then it is a sad state of affairs.
Hold them down and give penalties away.
Seriously?
Whatever happened to scoring tries?

Our terrible defence has come from Myles, Brown and the injury replacements so we can't worry too bad as long as Matai returns to the backline with snake likely at the back, Taufua who is a bruiser in defence (usually, can have a shocker otherwise) walker in the other centre (not the best defence but he can be decent, better then Williame and has speed to ensure attackers don't run around us) Trbojevic likely one more year in wing and we are fixed... But need the manly culture back so bye bye Barrett (might not be too bad of a coach but not a manly style of coach), Cartwright and Bozo, Hello Des or Toovs, well we can only hope :(

We have the same coach for next year, and he"s a real Einstein. Therefore the same blind mistakes will be made, and once again we will finish 11th ~ 13th.
I wish it wasn't so. So long as it's Bozo / Twenty the team may as well coach themselves.

We have the same coach for next year, and he"s a real Einstein. Therefore the same blind mistakes will be made, and once again we will finish 11th ~ 13th.
I wish it wasn't so. So long as it's Bozo / Twenty the team may as well coach themselves.
Don't you mean Ironstine or Rocket Surgeon????

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4