Death riding DCE

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

COMMANDER

IF YOU DO NOT TRY YOU CAN NOT FAIL
The player I am going to paying most attention to is not the host of excellent new recruits, but DCE.

Lost a lot of respect for him during the self absorbed, greedy, backflipping exercise that was his contract negotiations last year.

The weight of expectation is now fully on him, he's got the coin he was after, now it's time for our pound of flesh. He needs to be the best player on the field week in week out and if he's not he will cop a flogging and I will be first on board if he's not up to snuff.

The big question will be who our new Hasson is - the guy who's name in the 17 makes everyone immediately think "ohhh ****!"

He tried hard all last season, even when clearly injured. I think he's aware of the expectation and I'm confident he has improvement in him. He's got a pretty good skill set, just needs a bit of polish and some experience. Where he has struggled is closing out tight ones, we lost some close games because we looked like a rabble trying to get field goal position, or we couldn't shut down games with good percentage play and cool headed direction. That comes with experience and confidence. He holds all the cards now so its up to him how he deals them.

I think he'll have a really good year if he stays fit.

Chez always puts in, even last year when the whole of Qld was actively encouraged to bully him. :)

Lets hope that the forwards shoulder their workload and he is free to let loose his arsenal of skills.

I think Jorge is our weakest link due to his lack of involvement and reluctance to tackle. How he can hold back, whilst a man with no shoulders and a dodgy neck smashes players, is beyond me.:cool:

Baz has options, so Jorge better look busy @:cool:

Im more concerned about who is going to be the new Hasson, and what has happened to the goat photos

I think on the flipside, the negotiating stuff up came from the Manly management & DCE always preferred staying at Manly.....which he did under difficult circumstances.
Even during the media circus, DCE still put in unlike another bloke who was gone long before the cat was out the bag & would imo , be regretting that decision at this moment.
Don't worry about DCE - behind this new pack will show why he is worth the coin - just don't expect instant miracles - good things take time.

Hoping someone is anything less than perfect so you can actively criticise them seems like an unproductive way to spend your time.

I think the thread heading is poor considering this is the manly supporters forum.

Anyway, i beleive DCE will have his best season in 2016.

I agree regarding the thread heading.

If you are death riding DCE you are really death riding Manly, because if he has a bad year surely we will as well.

I'd rather be cheering him on.

It will be interesting to see how DCE goes without the great tutelage of the two master halves, Andrew Johns and Geoff Toovey. Could Barrett be the one to push DCE's game to a new level? IF DCE has an excellent season then it will go a long way to showing that Barrett will be a great coach.

Im more concerned about who is going to be the new Hasson, and what has happened to the goat photos
Don't forget Hiku was a whipping boy too ,atleast until we got rid of him & then everyone was devastated !!

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2