Dear Baz

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

tookey

First Grader
Here's a tip.

Mingling with the fans won't win them over as this is what politicians do.

Only Manly being sucessful and being a real chance to win the competition will win fans over.

Baz trying to win over fans

Trent Barrett has copped the tip from Bob Fulton and Peter Peters and really thrown himself into northern beaches living since moving to Manly.

They don't call the area the 'insular peninsula' for nothing and Bozo and Zorba know only too well that Barrett needs to win locals over quickly after inheriting the job from club legend Geoff Toovey.

Barrett has been mingling with Manly fans at every opportunity at some of the area's most popular haunts.

He's also looking to get involved in a number of activities away from football.

But Baz is also a realist.

He knows victories - and plenty of them - is the only way to fully win over hard-to-please Sea Eagles supporters.

http://www.sportingnews.com/league-...the-shire-to-join-st-george-illawarra-dragons

Yup - exactly as I said.

He's really a strange fella. When he's talking to you, you get his full attention, and in a world like ours at present, that's really hard to get from any human being, let alone a guy who probably has a million people wanting a piece of him at all times.

Very impressive young man tbh. Shame he's from the Gong. Generally people from that kind of area don't have teeth let alone able to construct a fruitful conversation ;)

But yeah, certainly trying to build a "we are all in this together" culture from what I see.

Let's give him a chance.
I'd would like to know how influential he's been in the recruitment and sacking of our roster. I'd like his learned opinion why one wayward Rabbit is worth a Hiku and a Gutherson.

I'm excited by this new era.

I didn't have much confidence in the Brett Stewart 2nd man wrap around play we continued to use for 2 years even after the opposition had it figured out mentality.
That play is sooooooo 2011. Let's hope he has got something else to offer.

By the way Baz is a country boy (Temora ), probably why he is so friendly and approachable.

Yep - look how well living among us has gone for Zorba. Such a beloved and respected member of our local community, universally admired by all.
If by all means the Forestville TAB, Dean Ritchie, the Stewarts, the Penns and Bozo then yep :)

Interesting contest of styles. The Penn/Zorba style seems highly controlling. The Barrett style seems highly autonomy supportive. Both have definite ideas of what they trying to do, just the methods of achieving them differ. Hopefully Barrett gets the chance to apply his style without interference.

Yup - exactly as I said.

He's really a strange fella. When he's talking to you, you get his full attention, and in a world like ours at present, that's really hard to get from any human being, let alone a guy who probably has a million people wanting a piece of him at all times.

Very impressive young man tbh. Shame he's from the Gong. Generally people from that kind of area don't have teeth let alone able to construct a fruitful conversation ;)

But yeah, certainly trying to build a "we are all in this together" culture from what I see.

Not a fan @Darren hahha..nah mate, O know u hit the wrong button ;)

Yup - exactly as I said.

You are easy to dislike clown. Some great people from the Gong-hard working and very passionate. You just proved again how much of a conceited dickhead you are Wyan

You are easy to dislike clown. Some great people from the Gong-hard working and very passionate. You just proved again how much of a conceited dickhead you are Wyan
"Whaaa, he called my area ****." Surely all that manual labor has toughened you up?

Winning games starts with winning recruitment and building a winning culture and squad. Baz and the Fultons have won the recruitment drive by a country mile. Myles, Chez, Lussick, Kapow, Parcell, Api, Brown, Walker and John.

These signings are all genuinely exciting players to watch. They are guns.

I have watched Parcell play many qld cup games and this kid is the fastest hooker I have ever seen. He is deadly in attack. Api has won a premiership.

Kapow, Matai and Tafua hunting on the left. No opposition right side player runs out against us without skiddies.

Walker has pace we have the need for speed and we are going to cut teams up next year. Myles and Lussick are 2 of the toughest nuts in the game. We have around 10 forwards who can go the 80 minute distance.

The result is we have an extremely well balanced side assembled for next year.

Barretts job is to bond them and coach them. I was always taught through juniors its not whether you win or lose its how you play the game. If Baz gets the team playing as one and having fun he has my support. If he cant get those Walker boys signed up quick smart for the following year.

WTF, it was a joke, hence the wink emoticon. Lighten up. Take the boxing mitts off. People joke about me living in Frenchs Forest FFS, saying it's not the beaches & is Blacktown on the beach. I certainly don't become all abusive and rage riddled about it, like you. Something doesn't seem right, here.

Surely there's more important things in your life to blow your top over?

People poke fun of (as examples) Parramatta, Blacktown and the Central Coast all the time. It's the Australian way of things, to take the piss man - jeez. Get a grip.

Your over reaction doesn't seem normal? Next, you'll threaten fisticuffs behind the dunnies at Brookie Oval again? Take a leaf out of Darren's book above, and have a laugh about it, or as Oliver says, toughen up or something.

Honestly mate, take it easy. Have a beer, and some special time with the missus or something. Make it mid strength though, I'd hate to see you downing Stella or something with your anger management problems when around other people.

Lastly, "Wyan"? Is that an attempt at insult? You'll have to do better than that mate - my 8 year old daughter's group craft wittier jibes than that. It is what it is though, and you can only play to your level I suppose. Back to the sandbox for you hahaha... "Wyan" - your a good kid wombat.

Last edited:
To the people who remember the 1980's, when Fulton came back to the club for the 1983 season and brought a few of the Easts players with him, we had a great year with some great results except for the Grand Final. I still watch some of those games from that season. Is 2016 shaping up the same way as Fulton is back in the fold?

Is 2016 shaping up the same way as Fulton is back in the fold?

Everything Fulton has had a hand in has been successful, the game has changed and I hope Bozo has a grasp of the current game.
I Believe as long as he is involved great things are in store.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4