1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dean Whare V Jorge Taufua

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Rambo1987, May 21, 2012.

1. Rambo1987

Rambo1987 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +212 / 2
    Love both of these guys but who would choose for the wing spot. Whare has been going gang busters when playing top grade and Jorge is good but does have some mistakes in him but he is young and still learning. Love the hit he put on Mini when he tried to gewt out of the in goal.

But I would go Whare.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    2 different style of wingers, Taufua more a power winger and helping the forwards out of our own end, Whare more the finesse type winger that will try and get around rather than go through

Happy for either to play but probably whare looks to have the class at the moment

Looks like both will be in the side for the next few games at least anyway

3. Jatz Crackers

Jatz Crackers Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,242 / 7
    Very hard to call. Maybe Whare by a bees penile length.

Ability to go to FB, his skillsets & edge in speed.

4. torana355

torana355 Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,491 / 27
    Whare for sure, he has some decent ball playing skills, is great under the highball and still makes decent metres off our own line.

5. The Eagle

The Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +480 / 0
    I love the way Taufua hits a hole,he reminds me of an NFL RB

6. codewana

codewana Active Member

Ratings:
    +58 / 0
    Whare gets my vote too. Jorge seems to be, as you say KE, a 'power winger', but I have my heart in my throat when the other team kick a bomb to him. Whare is safe, slippery and offers depth.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Pittwater Legend

Pittwater Legend Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +780 / 28
    Whare easily. He's been superb this season despite being shuffled around and he oozes class.

8. patorick2010

patorick2010 Active Member

Ratings:
    +52 / 0
  9. ALinda

ALinda Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +979 / 5
    For me its a no brainer - Whare. That's not to say Taufua is no good but he makes more errors than Whare. Whare is all class and plays well at FB and Centre as well as Wing.

10. SP_Eagle

SP_Eagle Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    Whare for sure, agree with an earlier poster, when Taufua is under a ball the old heart is in the mouth, defensively not great, Whare doesn't break the tackles Taufua does but in every other area he is the stronger player.

11. Napper

Napper Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +797 / 1
    Once Taufua starts getting his positional play sorted on the 5th tackle he will be fine. He's been getting caught out a bit.

Agree with KE. Theyre completely diff wingers but at this stage i'd rather Whare. Safety first.

12. Garts

Garts Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +672 / 18
    Whare at the moment but Taufua looks like he will get better and he adds that extra size.

13. TokyoEagle

TokyoEagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 4
    Whare if we have to choose. Am liking what i see from Jorge but still some work to do in some areas, which is to be expected for a guy with his experience.

• Like Like x 2
  14. MadMarcus

MadMarcus Local Lunatic 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +5,815 / 53
    Taufua still somewhat of a raw talent at the moment, but he has huge potential. Whare is a few steps ahead in development in my view, and for that reason I would give him the nod.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Mals

Mals Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Pennant Hills
    Ratings:
    +1,480 / 35
    Definitely Whare. However, Jorge is a very promising John Hoppa clone (hopefully without the crazy brain snaps)!

16. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    Everyone has the pronunciation of Whare ("far-ray") down pat, but I'm not convinced about Tafua's first name.

Isn't Jorge technically pronounced "hor-hay" if you're latino, yet everyone calls him "george".

Does anyone know what the go is there ??

• Like Like x 1
  17. patorick2010

patorick2010 Active Member

Ratings:
    +52 / 0
    Media guide says it's pronounced "George".

18. Rambo1987

Rambo1987 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +212 / 2
    So Jorgen Rodgers who played for Manly in 1994 would be "hor-hay-n"

19. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    Jorgen would be more correctly "hor-hen".

OK "They call me George" Tafua it is then

20. The Indian

The Indian Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +264 / 9
    Whare for me too - his versatility is excellent for a bloke who has only been around for 5 minutes. I think Whare would be pushing for a bench spot in the "top 17" permanently by the end of the year as a utility at least IF Buhrer was starting.

Dont think we'll have to choose long term as one or both will be snapped up by another club sooner or later.