Dean Whare V Jorge Taufua

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Rambo1987

Bencher
Love both of these guys but who would choose for the wing spot. Whare has been going gang busters when playing top grade and Jorge is good but does have some mistakes in him but he is young and still learning. Love the hit he put on Mini when he tried to gewt out of the in goal.

But I would go Whare.

2 different style of wingers, Taufua more a power winger and helping the forwards out of our own end, Whare more the finesse type winger that will try and get around rather than go through

Happy for either to play but probably whare looks to have the class at the moment

Looks like both will be in the side for the next few games at least anyway

Whare for sure, he has some decent ball playing skills, is great under the highball and still makes decent metres off our own line.

Whare gets my vote too. Jorge seems to be, as you say KE, a 'power winger', but I have my heart in my throat when the other team kick a bomb to him. Whare is safe, slippery and offers depth.

For me its a no brainer - Whare. That's not to say Taufua is no good but he makes more errors than Whare. Whare is all class and plays well at FB and Centre as well as Wing.

Whare for sure, agree with an earlier poster, when Taufua is under a ball the old heart is in the mouth, defensively not great, Whare doesn't break the tackles Taufua does but in every other area he is the stronger player.

Once Taufua starts getting his positional play sorted on the 5th tackle he will be fine. He's been getting caught out a bit.

Agree with KE. Theyre completely diff wingers but at this stage i'd rather Whare. Safety first.

Taufua still somewhat of a raw talent at the moment, but he has huge potential. Whare is a few steps ahead in development in my view, and for that reason I would give him the nod.

Definitely Whare. However, Jorge is a very promising John Hoppa clone (hopefully without the crazy brain snaps)!

Everyone has the pronunciation of Whare ("far-ray") down pat, but I'm not convinced about Tafua's first name.

Isn't Jorge technically pronounced "hor-hay" if you're latino, yet everyone calls him "george".

Does anyone know what the go is there ??

Jorgen would be more correctly "hor-hen".

OK "They call me George" Tafua it is then

Whare for me too - his versatility is excellent for a bloke who has only been around for 5 minutes. I think Whare would be pushing for a bench spot in the "top 17" permanently by the end of the year as a utility at least IF Buhrer was starting.

Dont think we'll have to choose long term as one or both will be snapped up by another club sooner or later.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4