Dean Ritchie blog

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The thing is Dan, the board might just be right. I know Matabele hasn't considered that......... but it might be so.

Anyway I don't think that this mess will hinder anyone wanting to come to the club. It's over and the caravan has moved on. Toovs will be successful and the Mighty Sea Eagles will survive. They always have.

I don't think this thing has done any harm to this site anyway.

DSM5 said:
The thing is Dan, the board might just be right. I know Matabele hasn't considered that......... but it might be so.

Anyway I don't think that this mess will hinder anyone wanting to come to the club. It's over and the caravan has moved on. Toovs will be successful and the Mighty Sea Eagles will survive. They always have.

I don't think this thing has done any harm to this site anyway.

They may be technically right in how they want their employee model to work, however the business they are in, is the business of winning football matches and premierships. So if a coach is given a budget, stays within said budget and continues to get success, then why force change?

If we are still not profitable and we are winning premierships, what do you think it will be like when we are sitting arounds 9th - 15th?

eggson said:
Oh hey, Welcome back Dan!

Thanks mate, got back last week but have been in catch up mode at work. Heading back to Sydney tomorrow for work so will be absent again

Given that a few of us here have differing opinions, how about I pose a question to Mata's and Dan.

I keep reading about "people needing to fall on swords" and "changes need to be made" so let's assume the slate is clean, and you can design a new organisation.

In your perfect world how would you set up the Sea Eagles so it complied with what you both think would run as a better entity.

The rules are (and there's not many, one in fact),

You can't change the ownership values because they are what they are.

globaleagle said:
Dear Dean,

Is it true that every time you make an anti manly comment and make up a story you eat a cookie, cause you are one fat .......

lol Bones

globaleagle said:
Dear Dean,

Is it true that every time you make an anti manly comment and make up a story you eat a cookie, cause you are one fat .......

This exact same thing was posted by a 'bones from Canterbury' on The Daily Telegraph site. Only joined silver tails today . Another troll it seems. It wasn't me that posted it. I don't live In Canterbury.

So let me get this straight

Ritchie / the tele has the ear of Des.

The tele is reporting Des had issues with Bob R

If there is smoke then....

I am not saying one party is right but there are clear issues in the structre of the club. I am amazed not many can see it

Just sit back and think for 1 minute guys and gals. What could possibly have happened to piss off so badly 2 of our greatest lehgends in Des Crusher as well as some very senior players. These people would love this club yet now they dont want any part of it and look at the acrimony and down right hatred that has gone on since they announced they were leaving. This whole fiasco is a disgrace and Penn and the board are in the end responsible for it. They have to clean up this mess now and if that means board memebers should go then so be it. They cannot keep the same bunch of captains in charge of this sinking ship.

Mick agree 100%

No matter where you sit re the board they are ultimately responsible for the mess we are in

They could have signed Des earlier
If "control" was an issue they could have handled the situation earlier
They could have addressed the contract situation (both players and staff) sooner to avoid this situation

When the most successful coach of the past 5 years leaves it is a cleat failure

Any way you look at it the board has failed. The structure needs to change or we are on a spiral down

bones said:
globaleagle said:
Dear Dean,

This exact same thing was posted by a 'bones from Canterbury' on The Daily Telegraph site. Only joined silver tails today . Another troll it seems. It wasn't me that posted it. I don't live In Canterbury.

Wasn't me either,

Now I get the lol bones comment.

Now I feel 95% less funny.

The cat has had Haslers tongue since all this 1st come to light. To then see him doing a press conference on his 1st day at the Dogs was a tad annoying tbh

I understand there wasn't a lot he could say about the whole thing with us through it all, but would still have been nice to see and hear him talk rather than just a press release through it all

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6