Dead man walking ...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

silvertail

Reserve Grader
"I never really go for that whole passion line. I mean, terrorists are passionate about what they do and, you know, that doesn't make it right," Gallop said.

The terrorist remark is not enough to end his career, but his days are numbered from the moment that he questioned the passion of the average rugby league fan.

Realise that someone posted a similar thread, but just wanted to sing out .... Dead man walking!!!!!!!

Public outcry should get this bozo what he deserves. Maintain the rage I say

add to that the fact he rocked up to represent the NRL handing over the minor premiership as the CEO and couldn't even put on a tie.

You may think this is a minor thing but it lacks professionalism and sends a bad message to potential sponsors and really brings the game into disrepute,

I suggest a 12 month suspension and 150k fine, he is the face of the NRL and should held responsible for his actions.

I prefer his final hoorah to be AFTER handing the premiership over to the Seaeagles in a few weeks time.
Punt him after the GF - the fans will get more satisfaction seeing him snivel like a crawling rat & kiss Des & Snake on the ass!! ;)

Gallop was born in Canberra and lived there until the age of 14 whilst his Father worked as a lawyer. His Father converted him to become a Canberra Raiders supporter. He started a sports administration course at Canberra College of Advanced Education but bowed out after just a week for arts at the Australian National University. He then moved to Sydney in 1984 to study law at the University of Sydney, graduating in 1988. During the summer of 1994–95, Gallop was working as an associate with the Sydney law firm Holman Webb. A friend had set up a meeting with John Ribot, who had come up with the Super League idea, and Gallop first became involved in Rugby League as Legal Affairs Manager for Super League in 1995. Having previously acted as the NRL’s Director of Legal and Business Affairs, he has been closely involved in all key decisions involving the game since the NRL’s inception in late 1997.

In 2011, and as head of the NRL, he made the astonishing claim that NRL fans resembled terrorists. Fans questioned his ability to lead and manage rugby league in Australia. In an act seeking forgiveness from NRL fans, he resigned from his position and relinquished his appointment as head of the eagerly awaited independent commission. He returned to Canberra and is seeking employment as a lawyer (citation required).

The guy is safe as a bank in his job whist News Limited control the game. The shocking thing about this super league wanker is hes always right even when he gets it wrong. The game has major issues and the new commissio MUST be independent.

He is a terrible figurehead for the game. When was the last time anyone saw him smile or laugh? Or show any of the qualities league is built on? A joyless individual whose demeanour looks better suited to a firm of undertakers.

It's one thing to be dull and colourless if you are at least doing a good job, but he hasn't. Suddenly the cracks are widening. It really wouldn't surprise if he is booed now every time he turns up at any match, not just at Melbourne or Manly.

Surely it's just a matter of time now, he will soon tell News to get another stooge, and he'll find something else to do. Anything would have to be better than the humiliation of what this job is becoming for Gallop. Mocked by the star player he wronged; booed by an entire stadium of fans; now even slammed by the Australian captain-elect.

To err is human, but for the man who can never apologise, it's time to give it away .

The football mums will be up in arms over this. Terrorists? In our game? It's enough to make them go and play AFL!

SER8 you're exactly right. He must cancel out about $10M worth of marketing just on his own. What an egotistical prick. He simply had to cop that sweet and that's the end of it, just like the giddy up celebration. We need somebody else bigtime if the commission is to be new or independent.

When Manly play in the Grand Final on Oct 2nd someone should make a banner with the Galloping Goose's words on it - what a classic!! :angel:

He's the one terrorising the great game of Rugby League!

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6