DCE's 15 cent debt

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

MadMarcus

Toovey for NRL CEO
He led with a story New Idea would have turned down, but plenty on Manly content in Weidler's latest gossip column for anyone who might care including a gem about DCE...

HASSLED OVER HASLER
MANLY insiders are still fuming about Des Hasler's departure from the club and privately they are blaming Hasler for the terrible salary cap situation they are in. The club's cap situation is so bad, next year they would struggle to buy Daly Cherry-Evans a meat pie. Hasler was far more than a coach at the Sea Eagles - he ran the show to a large degree and signed the roster he needed. Hasler was due to stay this year but was sacked by the club. The real contract problems for the Sea Eagles arise next year and beyond. Hasler would be used to being blamed for most things so it would not be a huge shock to him. It is doubtful that if he had stayed at the club that any of this mess would have been played out in the public eye. His man management skills are too good for that. And there would have been no promises made that the club would keep Cherry-Evans and Kieran Foran before a ball had been kicked this year. On the day Cherry-Evans's situation was splashed all over the media relating to his contract dispute, the true extent of his pay dramas came to light. We know he is earning $85,000 at present, but on Thursday morning he could not afford to buy a toasted sandwich, and a soft drink from the Sea Eagles canteen was not in his price range. He had to give the canteen an IOU of 15¢. Channel Nine league reporter Erin Molan offered to spot him, but he politely declined.

CHERRY PICKINGS
DALY CHERRY-EVANS has another source of income that has received no publicity during the week - he has done a $25,000 deal with Fox Sports and his appearance on Wednesday night was worth every cent of that. He was responding to a Rugby League Week story that he had asked for a release, which he confirmed was spot on. As for the release, it was mentioned as a line during negotiations but Manly did not give it a moment's thought.

LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON
WHEN it comes to footballing and leadership talent there are few who are more impressive than Kieran Foran, and once you learn about his breeding it explains why he handles himself so well on and off the field. Kieran's father, Greg, was the 2IC at Woolworths. He left that job to take on another role - the head of Walmart in China.

STEWART'S IN DEMAND
ON WEDNESDAY, a rumour swept through the NRL that Brett Stewart had done a deal with the Dragons - the four-year $2.4 million figure raised its head. From what I have been told, the Dragons have had one conversation to express an interest in Stewart. The Roosters continue to deny wanting him if Anthony Minichiello does not re-sign, but those close to Stewart keep mentioning the Chooks.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/et-tarnishes-his-shiny-tv-image-20120317-1vbz4.html#ixzz1pOH137fz

but on Thursday morning he could not afford to buy a toasted sandwich, and a soft drink from the Sea Eagles canteen

things must be bad if the Canteen is charging players to buy stuff, they wouldve been rich with Zorba there

Oh the Brett to the Chooks is what I've heard lately too, as he would not have to move house

So he did'nt have enough change in his pockets, does'nt mean he's broke. Maybe Des crept into the change room and stole everybody's lunch money, vindictive bastard

You couldnt exactly say $85K is living on struggle street. Everyone runs out of change from time to time.

I am on $85,000 myself and with all living expenses and a child I save $400 each and every fortnight and I don't get extra pay for each week that I work! He shouldn't be doing it too tough as he only has a girlfriend and no kids!!! I find living on 85,000 very reasonable, although more would be nice...

Tully is right, 85K for a 21 year old is pretty damn good. Not many under 30s earning that for getting fit and having a good time being famous and running around on game day. Stupid article and just another attempt to make us look bad. What's the average wage? something like 47K.

I blame canteen worker. Seriously, dce probably just didn't bring enough cash to training.

I think the real issue is that the canteen didn't have EFTPOS. I mean, seriously, the club needs to get with the times. We're living in the past, man!

I know millionaires that run out of cash in their wallets. not every one carries cash.

Next week weedler would say dce had to use the clubs loo because he ran out of toilet paper

Seriously its getting beyond a joke the way we are treated in the media especially by the smellygraph. Now they get 3 stories out of us, the original bull**** beat up and then the one about how Des created the mentality of how we deal with it and then how we brush it off to win games. Dead set news ltd should sponsor us for keeping papers going.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2