• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

JenEagle

Bencher
Hi All

I have been reading this forum since 2002 when it was under the manly sea eagles website but this is my first post for a long time.

Surely with Foran looking like he is going to the Eels Joe Kelly will throw the kitchen sink at DCE. I don't like DCE's media circus anymore than anyone else but we can't afford to lose both.

Thoughts?

Wayne Bennett to me is above all else an astute judge of a person and character.

The fact that Ben Barber was moved on immediately at the Broncos tells me one thing. Its not talent but attitude that brought to end his tenure in Brisbane. Bennett could have turned barber into a superstar.

DCE is barbers best mate and you know the saying, 'birds of a feather'.

I've met cherry a couple of times and on face value he seems like a nice person. Genuine and all but the last week of news and the comments about him made in the past are all starting to line up.

Im at a point where I seriously think we might be better off letting those not interested actually go and rebuild as TOOVEYS team. Something hes had to kind of patchwork the last few seasons after des left us a mess.

I think he'll leave, purely because of Bennetts handling of barber. Thats a true judge of character and anyone who will consider a douche bag their best mate has to be pretty questionable themselves.

It seems very strange to me that DCE would choose to leave Manly to go to the Titans or Sharks. Both have very poor on and off field records and would be such a risky option. With Foran apparently leaving surely if we upped our offer to DCE it would be enough to convince him to stay especially with his wife being a local etc.

I'm jack of this. Toovey is the main instigator of this terrible situation. It's obvious we need to sack him a.s.a.p and appoint someone like Steven Kearny or Tim Sheens.

DCE was overheard openly boasting that he'd joined the Titans, at Northies last week - Close friend of management there.

15 years in Manly, 30 on the Gold Coast. Love both.Another case of don't believe what you read in the papers:}

15 years in Manly, 30 on the Gold Coast Luv both.Another case of don't believe what you read in the papers.

I have lived and worked there (on the dredges at robina) and it is a dump. If you enjoy it great say hi 2 DCE for me

Wayne Bennett to me is above all else an astute judge of a person and character.

The fact that Ben Barber was moved on immediately at the Broncos tells me one thing. Its not talent but attitude that brought to end his tenure in Brisbane. Bennett could have turned barber into a superstar.

DCE is barbers best mate and you know the saying, 'birds of a feather'.

I've met cherry a couple of times and on face value he seems like a nice person. Genuine and all but the last week of news and the comments about him made in the past are all starting to line up.

Im at a point where I seriously think we might be better off letting those not interested actually go and rebuild as TOOVEYS team. Something hes had to kind of patchwork the last few seasons after des left us a mess.

I think he'll leave, purely because of Bennetts handling of barber. Thats a true judge of character and anyone who will consider a douche bag their best mate has to be pretty questionable themselves.

By that rationale, Buhrer is also douche bag, as he and DCE are great mates. The whole 'You seem like a nice bloke but you're obviously a knob 'cause your mates with him!' seems to be a bit shallow.

I'm jack of this. Toovey is the main instigator of this terrible situation. It's obvious we need to sack him a.s.a.p and appoint someone like Steven Kearny or Tim Sheens.

DCE was overheard openly boasting that he'd joined the Titans, at Northies last week - Close friend of management there.

You have some mad fu***** issues. I repeat - please see a doctor, something is not right with your brainwaves.

Mavin,there is more to the coast than the Robina dredges(although I will get down and have a look next time i''m down that way). If you go a little east of Robina there is a really nice beach:}

Mavin,there is more to the coast than the Robina dredges(although I will get down and have a look next time i''m down that way). If you go a little east of Robina there is a really nice beach:}

I know there is I wasn't just at Robina I also worked at sovereign islands (dredges) spent plenty of time all over the coast. It is over rated and a tip imo. Nice beaches all over Oz don't need 2 go 2 the Goldy for that. I'm sure you can introduce DCE 2 the town though and thank OUR club for helping 2 save the GC once again.

Dce is 26 and has been at manly since he was 17. I can't imagine that barba could be his "best mate" based on them being in the same town when they were 16. Lots of water under the bridge since then, and drastically different characters.

Relax Mavin .You don't have to be a genius to work out i am a Manly supporter. I reckon he has behaved like an absolute goose and have said so.The kid is a Queenslander,Sydney life is different if you are not raised there and a lot of blokes are happy to go home. That is the main attraction for him about this place and I can understand that.It is an easy place to live.

Does not excuse his juvenile behaviour.

Relax Mavin .You don't have to be a genius to work out i am a Manly supporter. I reckon he has behaved like an absolute goose and have said so.The kid is a Queenslander,Sydney life is different if you are not raised there and a lot of blokes are happy to go home. That is the main attraction for him about this place and I can understand that.It is an easy place to live.

I know your a Manly fan I certainly wasn't attacking you (I hope I didn't come across like that)

Not at all Mavin:} All good.Like your passion. I just wanted to make sure that no one thought I WANTED him to come here.I just meant that I can understand one of the reasons he might come here.

I think he is a goose and simply don't buy all the ""ïts the agents fault"" rubbish.20 years ago people used to take responsibility for their actions.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6