• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

jjai

Reserve Grader
The 1st try in his NRL career will be the one he will remember the most, not a bad run , had a lot of work to do in front of him, beat 4 . Easily his best game to date, he is starting to take it to the line more, Foran must be rubbing off on him..

It`s all starting to gel.. ;)

The guys on the Fox Super Saturday preview were talking about him just before and were giving him a heap of praise. They also think once DCE, Foran and Snake play more games together it with be one of the great combinations in the game and i agree :)

torana355 said:
The guys on the Fox Super Saturday preview were talking about him just before and were giving him a heap of praise. They also think once DCE, Foran and Snake play more games together it with be one of the great combinations in the game and i agree :)

Just the confidence he would have picked up after lastnight is going to benefit us(manly) & himself..
He has been unlucky a few times this year ,where an opposition player has just grabbed his shirt before he could scoot away, i thought this was going to happen again , but he weaved & jinked enough to avoid the oppositions grasps..

he is finding his feet well, don't forget, Foran demands so much ball so DCE plays a secondary role. on the right DCE gives plenty of ball to Glenn as well, when he made the run the defence didn't know he was going to scoot, smart timed run by DCE.

I'm hoping that he takes heart from his first try & keeps testing the line for the rest of the year. The one area I've been critical of him in is how much he'll dance sideways or run in circles (remind us of anyone?) to try & create space, only to lose five or so meters.

He is coming along well enough, happy with his progress.

We would have to have 2 of the most lethal edges in the NRL, Foran, B.Stewart, Matai, Hopa on the left and DCE, both Stewarts, Lyon and Robertson on the right.

another good halfback - bread in QLD.

great to see him take on the line and be rewarded his solo effort and also backing up and collecting snakes pass for the best try of this year

also good to see the goal kicking responsibilities off his hands, so he can concerntrate soley on set plays and running the team alongside Foran.

Brookvale said:
another good halfback - bread in QLD.

great to see him take on the line and be rewarded his solo effort and also backing up and collecting snakes pass for the best try of this year

also good to see the goal kicking responsibilities off his hands, so he can concerntrate soley on set plays and running the team alongside Foran.

Yeah , Rabs compared him to Johnny Gibbs , when they were showing the replay of the 1st try..

p.s i will leave the bread thing with fro:D

Wolfpack said:
I'm hoping that he takes heart from his first try & keeps testing the line for the rest of the year. The one area I've been critical of him in is how much he'll dance sideways or run in circles (remind us of anyone?) to try & create space, only to lose five or so meters.

He is coming along well enough, happy with his progress.

join the navy Simpsons .. ;)

Yeah his progress is coming along nicely, imagine if he got 3 games last year :p, but all`s cool panned out well..

On another topic anyone see the dog act hodgkinson did?? . he will surely get a week if not 2..

He's a very different halfback to most of the younger players coming through the game today. He's definitely got some tricks in his bag that most don't have. Foran is easily the most dominant out of the two halves at the moment understandably but I am hugely looking forward to watching DCE grow in the role as I think they'll be on a much more even keel in terms of taking the shots and having a big say in our many many many wins.

DCE is a great talent and going gangbusters in his first year in 1st grade.

Had FAR too much responsibiltiy and pressure on his shoulders early on with being sole goalkicker and will be a top notch quality goalkicker once things settle down and he gets more experience and games under his belt.

Go easy on DCE's perceived poor goalkicking record. Manly has scored the most tries out wide / in the corner of any team according to a recent match preview I read on the NRL site. Better to let him find his feet in the top grade first anyway without the pressure of goal kicking.

Shoe1 said:
Go easy on DCE's perceived poor goalkicking record. Manly has scored the most tries out wide / in the corner of any team according to a recent match preview I read on the NRL site. Better to let him find his feet in the top grade first anyway without the pressure of goal kicking.

yeah i agree the goal kicking will come, i would rather heaps of try assists than kicking goals.. lol

Three tries in 2 games, he looking very sharp 10 out from opposition line.. was unlucky not to have scooted away in the 1st 10minutes just before Rose scored..

jjai said:
Three tries in 2 games, he looking very sharp 10 out from opposition line.. was unlucky not to have scooted away in the 1st 10minutes just before Rose scored..

Dally m rookie , dally m halfback if thurston gets injuried, and he will be be fighting it out with cronk for queensland half back once thurston is finished.......

Whilst I never bagged DCE, I was getting frustrated with his dummies that never seemed to come off as he took on the line.. How wrong I was - again! He is going great guns! Especially noticed some improvement when Lyon took over kicking duties.

Hes going great,Doesnt seem to overplay his hand and with more confidence and game time will develop more and more,im so happy for him with the way hes going.

mr seagles said:
jjai said:

Dally m rookie , dally m halfback if thurston gets injuried, and he will be be fighting it out with cronk for queensland half back once thurston is finished.......
And you play good when ya cut the rubbish out of your game.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6