• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
THIS WHOLE ARGUMENT IS IRRELEVANT.

he will be our halfback for the year.there are no other real options.

Liam Foran has been running around for 3 years without ever getting a run at a couple of clubs and riccardi is ridiculously young.

Only idiots declare a young halfback on debut as being hopeless,particularly behind a beaten pack.

I will bet good money hodkinson goes well this year behind a very strong pack with a years experience.

For the baggers,cut this kid a break and be constructive.one game and the knives coming out is simply foolish.

for some reasons we have hard markers here on the 7. We won a GF 40 nil and couldnt wait to bag that 7.

Yeah, people need to get off DCE's case.

He looked all potential. Some lovely kicks & put blokes through gaps. Give him half a season to find his feet & hopefully get the old combo with Kieran happening & he'll be the best halfback we've seen in a Manly jersey for a long time.

Duff link said:
Yeah, people need to get off DCE's case.

He looked all potential. Some lovely kicks & put blokes through gaps. Give him half a season to find his feet & hopefully get the old combo with Kieran happening & he'll be the best halfback we've seen in a Manly jersey for a long time.

Agree Duff.

susan link said:

Liam Foran has been running around for 3 years without ever getting a run at a couple of clubs and riccardi is ridiculously young.

Only idiots declare a young halfback on debut as being hopeless,particularly behind a beaten pack.

I will bet good money hodkinson goes well this year behind a very strong pack with a years experience.

For the baggers,cut this kid a break and be constructive.one game and the knives coming out is simply foolish.

for some reasons we have hard markers here on the 7. We won a GF 40 nil and couldnt wait to bag that 7.

Luckily we have an abundance of them

The day Hodgko signed with the Dogs, and Manly made the decision not to pursue Orford, DCE should've been brought into first grade then. He would've had a good 1/3 of the year to learn,then the off-season.
    But now we've got ppl saying give him 10-12 weeks to come good!!....he should've hit the ground running tonight with 1st grade games already under his belt.

wombatgc link said:
The day Hodgko signed with the Dogs, and Manly made the decision not to pursue Orford, DCE should've been brought into first grade then. He would've had a good 1/3 of the year to learn,then the off-season.
     But now we've got ppl saying give him 10-12 weeks to come good!!....he should've hit the ground running tonight with 1st grade games already under his belt.

Exactly right

Overall a decent effort in a very dour game. If anything would have liked a bit more direction & having players wider off him to avoid that clogged up ruck area but hey....forgivable in 1st top grade game. He made a stepping run where he beat more players than Dogkinson did all season. Prob only had a couple of poor kicks early - simply not used to the speed of pressure from marker in the top grade & needed to be deeper for more time.

susan link said:

I don't think our pack was really beaten.  At worst it was split, the difference being Smith able to get his forwards over the advantage line but we are going to face a lot better packs than the Storm have this year.

Geez, pretty tough on the young fella. I thought he had a more than fair debut for a rookie. It's in the 3/4 that I feel we are struggling, I like T-rex but I feel Des has to decide if he's a winger or on the bench as an impact player in the forwards (centre in an emergency).

Happy to see Brett get through the game uninjured and I'm sure better times are ahead when his confidence fully returns.

Brent Kite, tried hard but I think his origin/best days are behind him also at the risk of coping a some **** on here I'm truly not convinced Ballin is as good as some may think. 

susan link said:

Exactly,  To be pilloried for suggesting a debutant is adequate only reinforces what I said about people being very hard taskmasters when it comes to Manly half backs.  Maybe loons like effnic think they would be a better option.

Why bother replying to Effnic when he has a total of 11 posts and they are all manly bagging,www.thebaistand.com is where he should be posting

Shane link said:
Why bother replying to Effnic when he has a total of 11 posts and they are all manly bagging,www.thebaistand.com is where he should be posting
  Sorry, did you feel left out that I didn't call you a loon?  I thought it was self evident. 

DCE is no cause for concern. Given a few games he will be a gun. He said at the factory outlet the other day how nervous he was. He will better for the run and will improve each week. Our problems are injuries ATM we just cant take a trick.

I guess a lot of people saw DCE as a saviour, believing media reports about him. Some of us who watched QLD cup last year have been trying to warn you all that he showed potential but also had a lot of work to do to become a strong first grader.  That sounds exactly like the kind of performance you saw last night. I wish him well and hope he makes it and as I had a realistic expectation of him I am not dissapointed.

north coast eagle link said:
I guess a lot of people saw DCE as a saviour, believing media reports about him. Some of us who watched QLD cup last year have been trying to warn you all that he showed potential but also had a lot of work to do to become a strong first grader.  That sounds exactly like the kind of performance you saw last night. I wish him well and hope he makes it and as I had a realistic expectation of him I am not dissapointed.

Give me a break, the guy has only had one game and I think he went well. Without Lyon and the reshuffle of the halves didn't help. Some had concerns about his defence and I think he did well in that dept. aswell.

PONTIAN SEA EAGLE link said:
I think we'll need DCE to stand up against the poosters next week after seeing the performance of there halves on friday night.

If the forwards do their job next week DCE will do his job.  More difficult though without Lyon

Post  automatically merged: [time]1299996424[/time]

Central Coast Eagle link said:
The only real negative I saw was his kicking game, (more accurately the lack of distance), I thought Orford was back kicking at stages.

It was no worse than dogkinson's last year and DCE has only played one FG game.  He played better than quite a few others in the team last night

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6