• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

susan

Bencher
DCE is having a run against my mob this weekend so ill have a look at him live and report back..burleigh are a good side so it will be a good test.

i certianly hope he lives up to his wraps as good halves are impossible to find it seems.one of the redcliffe coaches told me last week he is a future NRL star so fingers crossed.

susan link said:
DCE is having a run against my mob this weekend so ill have a look at him live and report back..burleigh are a good side so it will be a good test.

i certianly hope he lives up to his wraps as good halves are impossible to find it seems.one of the redcliffe coaches told me last week he is a future NRL star so fingers crossed.

Hodko was good for them last year too and if not better than DCE but making the step up to NRL level is a different matter. Hodko hasn't left the same impression with me this year since making that step so I'm not getting my hopes up too much with DCE but hopefully he will make the step better than Hodko.

Look forward to that report Sue, can you also run your eye over Junior Palu and Lussick if he plays

I too look forward to the report as I'm pushing for him to replace Hodkinson now. I watched DCE closely last season in the Under 20s, and again for Queensland Residents against NSW before the third SOO. What I see him bringing is good organisational skills and the confidence to take on the line. He looks a good leader. What I'm not convinced about is his speed and tackling. However, Hodkinson is not dictating play as a good half should.

the blokes i talk to down there tell me that TH is struggling with his knee.never been the same since that horrific injury a couple of years ago.i remember that try he scored in round 2 v parra he looked reasonably quick but he can barely get out of first gear now.couldnt really care now that he is gone.apparently there a are seven players who can't train  with the squad on an absolute full time  basis due to niggling injuries including TH,Robbo,matai,porky.choc struggles also.

Well hopefully no one gets picked to play for Australia, Tonga, New zealand and they can all have a decent rest at the end of the  season

Look forward to the report. You defo know your ****. Except for the reports Matai is injured. I call bull****.

Most teams would have a number of players who are on restrictive training schedules this time of year because of niggling injuries

I hope DCE's reign as the new Messiah is longer than Hodkinson's was.

Maybe another reason we didn't attempt to match the offer the Bulldogs made for Hodko is that Manly were always looking at DCE as the future half replacement but gave Hodko a go first to give DCE time. We sure signed DCE quickly when the Bulldogs were chasing Hodko.

anyone who writes off a kid as a halfback in the NRL after 20 games with a 20 year old outside him and coming off a horrific 18 month injury is asking for trouble.the pressure on playmakers is enormous these days.no halves,no trophy.look at parra now that mortimer has struggled.i hope you are all right about him being a hoax as he will be a bulldog but I have a sneaky feeling we may regret this.i wouldnt have forked out 270k per year to test this theory so the club did the right thing but something tells me it will haunt us.

i am a great admirer of kieran foran but he too had dropped in form and it is all about presure on young kids shoulders.i think the advantage HK had over DCE was his phisical strength and thats what gave him the nod.DCEwas extremely lightly framed when i saw him last.hope he has filled out.

looking forward to Sunday.

susan link said:
i think the advantage HK had over DCE was his phisical strength and thats what gave him the nod.DCEwas extremely lightly framed when i saw him last.hope he has filled out.

looking forward to Sunday.

An off season with Georgie Rose will put some bulk on DCE.

I'm not sure about over longer distances but Cherry-Evans does have handy speed off the mark. When TH went to go through a gap on Monday he put the foot down and somehow managed to have zero acceleration. I didn't think that was possible.

Dont worry about DCE , Hasler is a smart coach and im sure he will have a plan B if DCE does not deliver.

I'm guessing that plan B would be Lyon and Foran in the halfs and Whare at centre. Not a bad plan B in my eyes...

[imghttp://media.apnonline.com.au/img/media/images/2010/07/06/SCN_07-07-[/img]

legs look a heap more built.

IMG_3380.JPG

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7