1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DCE will be beter then Hodko.

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Rusty, Jul 31, 2010.

1. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0
    Before everyone assumes that I am just going to bag Hodko I wan't to get this in, I think he is a good player, just not worth what we had to pay to keep him.

Here are the reason I think DCE will fit our team well, why he will be a better player for us then Hodko and why I am excited to have him in the halves next year.

1. Foran is a great player, underline great, say it 100 times. If he plays without injury and stays with us long term, then every chance that one day we will be wanting to put a big bronze statue of him outside brookie. He is still learning but you can bet that with a year behind him in the NRL he will be a much better player then he was at the beginning of this year, and will be able to take the pressure off DCE and allow him to learn and thrive.

2. Blooding one of the halves will always be easier then both.

3. DCE has a better long kicking game, his style is that of a true half, whereas Hodko is a defensive ball-player trying to kick long. Hodko is forced into a role he doesn't suit because Foran is also a ball player. Foran and DCE will complement each other as their styles are not too similar and will provide the team with more natural options.

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    yeah rusty  good post...

3. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    I can't see Foran staying in the halves for his whole career. I think he will end up as a ball playing lock, or possibly even a hooker.

4. Volley

Volley Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +581 / 21
    Lock yes, Hooker no. Too much class for that.

5. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    I don't see any reason he won't be a 6 for his entire career

6. CliffyIsGod

CliffyIsGod Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    This. Fittler style 6.

7. Rambo1987

Rambo1987 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +212 / 2
    I like him in the centres and can see him playing between the centre, 5/8 and lock. Much like Fittler.

8. ERNIE FOR NO7

ERNIE FOR NO7 Active Member

Ratings:
    +80 / 1
    He is a class player who could player anywhere. But he is a definite 6 and next best at Centre.

9. Fro

Fro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +245 / 0
    Do the names Toovey and A Johns ring any bells?

10. deadlyeagle

deadlyeagle Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    Another reason is that both Foran and DCE played with each other in the NYC

11. Volley

Volley Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +581 / 21
    [/quote]

Completely different styles of players.

Anyway, Johns was the best halfback around, but for some reason got pushed into dummy half a few times in origin. He was still alright, but he was a shadow of himself wearing the number 9. He played what, 6 games there in his career? He was wasted. Poor example tbh.

Foran would make a handy hooker, but clearly better served running out wider imo.

12. King

King Active Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 3
    Hodko would be more likely to shift to Hooker than Foran.

I agree Foran could possibly end up at lock but i think he has too much speed and class to end up in the forwards. Five-eighth is his spot.

DCE needs to put some kg's on before next season. He looks to be quicker than Hodko, i just hope he is as good a defender.

13. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0
    I think it is the attack I like, Foran is great defensively, as are most of our line. We need more spark in the halves and I think DCE provides that.

Foran will stay in the halves I predict, due to the fact that it is a lot easier to find a good 9 then a good 6 or 7.

14. Copa Eagle

Copa Eagle Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0
    From what ive watched in the Queensland cup DCE has been very dominant, although young he kicks extremely well, he stands deep in attack, and he is not afraid to yell and talk to the other blokes, his defence may be a bit sloppy at times, but a good pre season with the coaching staff at Manly can only do him the world of good, im excited to see him re-unite with foran in the halves ! Theres alot of points on offer next year !!

15. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,115 / 287
    I would love to see Cherry-Evans / Foran combo blossom. People should take a look at the stats last years NYC team achieved with these two guys running the ship.

They complimented each other (much like Hodko / Foran do too be honest unfortunately - and I mean that because they are being broken apart).

DCE will never be Johnathan Thurston, but I do think there is an element of Jason Smith (blast from the past I know) about him. He's a real ball player, who has the knack of making the game play at his pace...

16. The Eagle

The Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +480 / 0
    [/quote]

Anyway, Johns was the best halfback around, but for some reason got pushed into dummy half a few times in origin. He was still alright, but he was a shadow of himself wearing the number 9. He played what, 6 games there in his career? He was wasted. Poor example tbh.

Foran would make a handy hooker, but clearly better served running out wider imo.

[/quote]

Des Hasler played 7-9

17. eagles2win

eagles2win Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +494 / 0
    [/quote]

[/quote]

Liam Foran would be a better hooker IMO

18. Volley

Volley Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +581 / 21
    Maybe Bozo should've been shifted into hooker. Fittler, Daley, Lewis all should've moved into dummy half. All the greats (and of course I'm not putting Foran into this catefory) could've had a stint at hooker and been alright. Wasted.