DCE to sharks?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
They are both professional sportsman and would be silly not to go out and test the market and see what offers are out there. If it is true that a announcement will be made by the end of the week, I will welcome that so we can go into round 1 with all this speculation behind us. My gut feeling is that DCE will leave and Foz will stay.

The Sharks are almost as bad as the Titans. They have only had a full time ceo for a year. I remember Bruno Cullen shaking his head at how bad the joint was (nrl appointed him as administrator). If Dce goes there I feel very sorry for him. They reappointed the coach who had no idea if his club's supplement program, doctor resigned in disgust etc.

Might have something to do with Manly supposedly offering Foran the captaincy when Lyon retires, his contract offer being downgraded when Kelly arrived and also the fact that I have heard he said that last year was the worst year of his footballing life with all the crap that went on at the club about him.

Still we are a chance until he signs elsewhere. The sharks are a basket case only a rung above the titans. What a dud move for his football career if he goes there.

Gallen will retire shortly as will Lewis and half their team. The trophy room will still be bare when DCE retires.

He also might have put a target on his head for the rest of his career as well as there are plenty of players who dislike him.

If he goes we better keep Foran

Last edited:
With all these million dollar per season bids goin on. Its amazing the rabbits got renyolds for 500 k. Grandfinal winning halfback with one of the best kicking games in the league.
Have heard there are some major incentives in his contract which is why it is now considered a bargain deal as other clubs were offering well over 500k. Club taking a risk doing it that way if he meets all the targets that activate various top ups. So effectively they can't spend to the cap, or will have to offload others to ensure there is room if / when he meats the goals. If he can stay fit, i think he'll probably reach most of those goals and his actual earnings be around 7-800k going into 2016/17. Then his next contract will be the big payday.

Might have something to do with Manly offering Foran the captaincy when Lyon retires, his contract offer being downgraded when Kelly arrived and also the fact that I have heard he said that last year was the worst year of his footballing life with all the crap that went on at the club about him.

Still we are a chance until he signs elsewhere. The sharks are a basket case only a rung above the titans. What a dud move for his football career if he goes there.

Gallen will retire shortly as will Lewis and half their team. The trophy room will still be bare when DCE retires.

He also might have put a target on his head for the rest of his career as well as there are plenty of players who dislike him.

If he goes we better keep Foran
Have I missed something? Has the club announced Foran will be the next captain? I don't remember seeing that anywhere. It would be strange 2 announce that with him being out of contract

I agree with Mark & others. I'm trying my best not to get caught up in this stuff anymore, because as a paying member & fan, it's taking away / sucking the fun out of the game entirely. So much so, I didn't even know the trial was on Saturday against The ol' Brown Paper Bag Chooks.

Imagine a League were everyone were as ruthless and rogue as this? Honestly, no fans would turn up to games at that rate.

I understand it's a career, they have to do the best for themselves and all that, but how well will the mercenaries do when no-one's turning up to games at all and the game dies as a whole? No one is interested in watching them on television.

I'd pay money to watch guys like Steven Menzies. In fact, I became a supporter of The Sea Eagles because of Steven Menzies. I remain a season ticket holder BECAUSE of players like him and King.

Foran & Cherry-Evans behaviour with this contract stuff does NOT inspire me to part with money, OR watch them on television. I don't feel like they are "part of our team" or "committed to our cause". I just have no connection with them, when they have no commitment to our club going forward.

If I saw them at an event right now, I wouldn't be interested. Matai, Ballin & others are a different story. I just feel they "care" about THE SEA EAGLES.

Honestly, I hold a grudge against these two for killing off the game for me.

I can't understand why any self-respecting player would sign with the Titans or Sharks, especially not one with the talent of DCE. It seems to me that Orr is really scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Have I missed something? Has the club announced Foran will be the next captain? I don't remember seeing that anywhere. It would be strange 2 announce that with him being out of contract

Hasn't been announced publicly. Perhaps it was never even said in the first place. Could well be made up.. however, I would imagine Manly offering little sweeteners like this to Foran DCE to entice them so re-sign.

attention Foz and DCE ,can you please get this sorted soon,like real soon. You know this effects us fans as well you know. WE havent had a good off season or preseason for a few years,and what happens next effects how our season pans out too you know,yeah yeah it does. If DCE is the unsettling influence that has been so often reported,then maybe he should go,personally I prefer Foz to stay,and we have already lost one player because of him supposedly,and I believe it too, so it would be a shame if we lost that player because of him,and then he goes too, a big shame. So enough is enough,make up your minds so we can all move on,us fans are over it, we want to get back to enjoying out footy too, Rant over

Last edited:
Well I guess there's only a dozen or so possible clubs that could yet possibly be linked to DCE.. Excluding Manly of course! Someone call me when he's resigned, or even re-signed. It's become such a joke that the size of the f*ck I don't give is expanding at a rate that even Big George's big gut can't match...

Daly Cherry-Evans meets with Cronulla Sharks as club launches $2.5m bid to land Manly star
by: Phil Rothfield
Daly Cherry-Evans at Shark Park as rumours intensify4:13

external

Daly Cherry-Evans could be on the verge of signing for Cronulla after he was spotted exclusively by Fox Sports entering Sharks headquarters.
external

786759-139c5b96-bb17-11e4-a5f5-f6d8716b3afa.jpg

Daly Cherry-Evans could be on his way to Cronulla Source: Supplied
THE Cronulla Sharks have launched a $2.5 million bid for Manly superstar Daly Cherry-Evans as speculation mounted his interest in the scandal-ridden Titans had fallen over.

Fox Sports News this afternoon captured exclusive footage of the Test and Origin star entering Sharks Leagues Club, just a week after he was seen on the Gold Coast.

Titans are believed to have offered Cherry-Evans a three-year deal worth $3 million though the likelihood of him heading north is now in extreme doubt.

The Daily Telegraph spoke to chairman Damian Keogh as he left the meeting.

“We’d love to have him here but obviously a lot of other clubs would love to have him as well [and] Manly would love to keep him,” Keogh said.

862142-494c0e5c-bb1d-11e4-a5f5-f6d8716b3afa.jpg

Daly Cherry-Evans leaves Crounlla Leagues Club with his partner Vessa Rockliff. Pic Brett Costello Source: News Corp Australia

“I’m not sure how it’s going to pan out because he’s probably favourite to stay at Manly.

“But we’ve had a chat today, we’ve shown him around and I reckon we’re now second favourites.’’

After the meeting, Keogh took Cherry-Evans and his wife Vessa to lunch at Cronulla waterfront restaurant Sealevel, before giving them a short tour of the Shire.

Cherry-Evans’ manager Gavin Orr said he was expecting his client to make a decision on his future by the end of the week.

Orr said it was now a four-horse race with one other club joining the Titans, Sharks and Sea Eagles in the race for his signature.

Orr would not divulge who the club was but said he was going to be meeting with them on Wednesday.

“They (the Sharks) put a good proposal through to us and now it is just up to Daly to make his decision.

“He’s been impressed by the way Shane [Flanagan has] handled things and the way the club’s handled things.”

Cherry-Evans is a great friend of Sharks five-eighth Ben Barba and the coach Shane Flanagan believes his signature would give the club a roster capable of winning the premiership.

Cherry-Evans trained with Manly this morning (Monday) before leaving to drive to the Shire for the Sharks meeting.

I wonder if Keogh took DCE on a tour of the sharks trophy room?

They're second favourites now. They were favourites until DCE spotted Rothfield inside the leagues club in flagrante delicto with one of the potted plants.

Ill say it for a 4th time.

2mil pa cash spare - and im comfortable with JLJ and JL for a solid year.

The greedly little ****s can **** off to wherever the hell they want too.

He's not serious about the Cronulla offer, he couldn't even be bothered to crack out a polo shirt let alone a tie. T-shirt says to me I'm couldn't care less whether you take me seriously or not, I'm pretty casual about your offer and my football will reflect that. Does anyone know if he wore thongs or shoes ?

The thread title ups the heart rate. Personally I'm waiting for an official announcement either way. I do hope both Cherry and Foz stay and I like this line from the latest article.
“I’m not sure how it’s going to pan out because he’s probably favourite to stay at Manly.
Sounds like the saga is soon to end which is good.
Not having a shot at our halves just the sporting world. I have no idea why 25 year olds need a million a year for playing footy. They are born with the gift of being talented athletes.
Removing a tumour from someones brain is way more admirable as are thousands of other jobs.
Grab a pen fellas and stop this ****e.

A player would be stupid not to show respect to clubs that wish to sign you. The least you would do is show them the courtesy of entertaining their massive offers. Clubs are literally the hand that feeds players. You never know when you'll need to find another hand. Some of you guys have talked yourselves into not liking either or both of these players simply through media speculation. It's bordering on stupidity.

I don't know how many times I have to say this. Both Foran and DCE will re-sign with Manly.

Can we stop talking about it now.

What I wanna know is ....what player takes their missus to contract negotiations ?? Like WTF ?? Is she worried he might be hiding some of the third party agreement from her ? Does she wear the pants and he's just a " pu$$y whipped " new age sort of guy ?? Or is to ask about the schools for their kid who might be starting school just in time for when his soon to signed 3 yr contract expires ?? Touring the weights room under the grandstand or maybe checking out the seating position of partners at the dump shark park ? Give me a break...if its stage managed by his manager then DCE has shyte for brains..no wonder he can't decide.

One will be confirmed either way by Friday

Toovs has actually sent both blokes on a mission around the NRL, they're gathering up everyone's game plans, strategies and 5 year plans on these visits then coming back to HQ to drop them off in the top secret bunker over beer, skittles and evil laughs.

If only that were true

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4