DCE to Broncos!/?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
CAMBO said:
The other thing you have to remember is whilst Daly is a talented kid and you couldn't ask anymore from him than what he's done so far at manly he has only had to run the show alone on a handful of occasions and hasn't been as effective as he is when he has Brett Stewart behind him, foran on the other side and Glenn and killer on his side of the field.

On field life is pretty sweet for Daly at manly.

If he went to Brisbane he would be the main point of attack and he would be targeted accordingly.

He went alright last year when Foz was out and other Foz had to fill in

Dan said:
Has benchy signed anywhere else yet?

Funny u say that Dan my bro in law is a broncs fan and we had that discussion

I think benji would be a great fit at Brisbane. They have a good pack of forwards some quality in the outside backs. Benji would be a great signing

Dan said:
CAMBO said:
The other thing you have to remember is whilst Daly is a talented kid and you couldn't ask anymore from him than what he's done so far at manly he has only had to run the show alone on a handful of occasions and hasn't been as effective as he is when he has Brett Stewart behind him, foran on the other side and Glenn and killer on his side of the field.

If he went to Brisbane he would be the main point of attack and he would be targeted accordingly.

He went alright last year when Foz was out and other Foz had to fill in

But was he? I might be wrong but our record wasn't that flash while k foz was out but I could be wrong.

I hope no one thinks I'm bagging the bloke I'm just stating the fact he's been great at manly and origin level alongside some class players but it would be harder for him going to a club As a major signing

Sure did go well. We lost 3 in a row at from round 3 - round 5 with Foz in. Then later in the season we lost 2 in a row.

Liam Foran played
Round 6 - Round 10

Our record in that period was
Win, Loss, Win, Win, Win

Liam played again in Rd 12 for a Loss

That's 4 wins and 2 losses. That is a fairly steady streak to be honest

Stats: http://stats.rleague.com/rl/teams/manly/manly_by.html

Dan said:
Sure did go well. We lost 3 in a row at from round 3 - round 5 with Foz in. Then later in the season we lost 2 in a row.

Liam Foran played
Round 6 - Round 10

Our record in that period was
Win, Loss, Win, Win, Win

Liam played again in Rd 12 for a Loss

That's 4 wins and 2 losses. That is a fairly steady streak to be honest
Glad I added that disclaimer I may be wrong lol. :)

• 👍
Reactions: Dan
CAMBO said:

Bit harsh on Cherry and Broncos. He is blessed to be playing in the side he is at present, but is quality nonetheless. You don't win Rookie of the year, win a Gf, and play for country and state, before your third year of first grade, is up without having some ability.

As for Brisbane....Hannant, McCullough, McGuire, Thaiday, Glenn, Parker is a fair forward pack. Chuck in Hodges and Reed in the centres and a couple of promising wing / fullbacks, and that's a fair side for him to work with.

There halves are the problem. Wallace looked good with Lockyer outside him, and Prince hasn't done much since he left the Tigers. The loss of Norman is the one that has hurt them. Not sure if he was ever going to be the answer at 5/8, but that seems to be the way they were thinking.

Having said all that, and for the benefit of any Broncos fans / recruitment staff that maybe reading this, I agree with Cambo, his ability to be the sole point of attack is unproven, so don't bother with him :D:D:D

Kiwi Eagle said:
Benji said he won't play against the Tigers and I'd say he will stick to that

So he signs with Bronco's, doesn't play against the Tigers, and he gets 4 byes a year instead of two. ;)

I heard that Manly are getting rid of Kite next year as they are going to make a play to get JWH back at the club (same reason why rose might be going)

He has mates here and they have been in his ear, so has Foz during the kiwi games...and forget about the contract as he will ask for a release

Now that is as believable as DCE leaving the club early to go the broncs

Dan said:
Cant find the article. As I recall it was about us signing him from under the broncos noses in or around 2005 or 2006

His Broncos Colts coach, John Dixon, said he was somebody to watch, in 2003. Ballin's name was also in the mix for when Swain left after that year. Later that year, he rep'd in the U19s Kangaroo squad.

One year later, he was signed by Manly (late 2004) even after winning the Broncos award for 'most consistant' player in the feeder club, the Clydesdales in the same year.

Des had no problem giving him a run in the 2005 pre-season and this comment appeared in the Sunday Mail in mid-2005;

Junior Kangaroos representative Matt Ballin from Kingaroy was regarded as the most promising of the young hookers at the Broncos but he joined Manly at the end of last season.​

How in the world then did Bennett miss all that and let him go?!?!?

Hamster Huey said:
Dan said:
Cant find the article. As I recall it was about us signing him from under the broncos noses in or around 2005 or 2006

His Broncos Colts coach, John Dixon, said he was somebody to watch, in 2003. Ballin's name was also in the mix for when Swain left after that year. Later that year, he rep'd in the U19s Kangaroo squad.

One year later, he was signed by Manly (late 2004) even after winning the Broncos award for 'most consistant' player in the feeder club, the Clydesdales in the same year.

Des had no problem giving him a run in the 2005 pre-season and this comment appeared in the Sunday Mail in mid-2005;

Junior Kangaroos representative Matt Ballin from Kingaroy was regarded as the most promising of the young hookers at the Broncos but he joined Manly at the end of last season.​

Too busy trying to learn how to smile

lsz said:
I heard that Manly are getting rid of Kite next year as they are going to make a play to get JWH back at the club (same reason why rose might be going)

He has mates here and they have been in his ear, so has Foz during the kiwi games...and forget about the contract as he will ask for a release

Now that is as believable as DCE leaving the club early to go the broncs

You just gave something for the Tele guys to write about tomorrow Isz! ;)

Hamster Huey said:
Dan said:

Bennett was probably too busy looking for Darius Boyd

tookey said:
Hamster Huey said:
Dan said:

Bennett was probably too busy looking for Darius Boyd

Wasn't he just behind him?

Can't believe people pay credence to these rumours at all.

In the event that the Broncos tried to get him Manly should sue the pants off them for attempting to induce a player to break contract!

Brisbane are being linked to everyone.. obviously not happy with their halves (who would be with Prince & Wallace) but I can't see DCE joining them.

Word is they have signed Martin Kennedy from the roosters which will bolster their props. They are also said to be chasing McCrone from the dragons as well.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6