Dce replacement

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It's ridiculous that the Nrl and the media are speculating over a contract that ends in two years. Manly would not release Cherry. If there was any serious rift between him and the Stewies hopefully the club would do their best to sort it out. Cherry seems level headed and so do the Stewart brothers.
We do not need to look for a DCE replacement yet.

I reckon the Broncos have offered him a massive deal and he wants out. Same as Milford and the same as Barba. All 3 players are under contract for two more years at their current clubs but that doesnt worry the Broncos. This scumbag, Superleague, ****-hole of a club has no morals.

bones said:
I reckon the Broncos have offered him a massive deal and he wants out. Same as Milford and the same as Barba. All 3 players are under contract for two more years at their current clubs but that doesnt worry the Broncos. This scumbag, Superleague, s**t-hole of a club has no morals.

Totally agree bones this rumour just won't go away. Interesting with current squad how they would fit Milford, Barba and DCE under the CAP.

It would be interesting if the NRL introduced some anti tap up law (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tapping_up ) for contracted players

It could be as simple as having to notify the club that you are intending to talk to the player etc

Canterbury could try to prevent Ben Barba from playing against them for the next two years by granting him a conditional release.
Under NRL guidelines, there is nothing preventing the Bulldogs from inserting a clause into Barba's release which stops the Dally M medallist from playing against them for the duration of his current contract.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/bulldogs-to-seek-barba-clause-if-star-departs-20130821-2sbp7.html#ixzz2ce7DMTA7

I don't understand how this would work?
If Broncos are in the GF against the Dogs, will the paying Public attend if Barba is prevented from playing :huh:

Let's not worry about DCE, its Gifty who has no contract from next year:exclamation:

I believe that DCE is able to show his wares by playing in strong Teams such as Manly the perennial Premiership Contenders, Qld eight-in-a-row SOO Winners and The Kangaroos.
He hasn't had to compete with a squad of 'has' and 'wanna bes' such as the current Broncos Squad, he would suffer from the lack of support players and hardened forwards.:cool:

Manly will always be competitive, no matter the particular personnel on the field.:angel:

There is only one sensible and rational way forward for clubs. The NRL needs to allow clubs to build and introduce robot players, or at the very least, cyborgs. These playbots can be programed to stay and play at the one club until they reach the end of their contracts. No more contract terminations. (Sorry...bad pun)

mozgrame said:
There is only one sensible and rational way forward for clubs. The NRL needs to allow clubs to build and introduce robot players, or at the very least, cyborgs. These playbots can be programed to stay and play at the one club until they reach the end of their contracts. No more contract terminations. (Sorry...bad pun)

Player: "I'll be back!"

club: "Actually you're programmed not to go anywhere so suck it!"

globaleagle said:
mozgrame said:

Player: "I'll be back!"

club: "Actually you're programmed not to go anywhere so suck it!"

Exactly haha. Now we're thinking outside the video refs box!

HappilyManly said:
Canterbury could try to prevent Ben Barba from playing against them for the next two years by granting him a conditional release.
Under NRL guidelines, there is nothing preventing the Bulldogs from inserting a clause into Barba's release which stops the Dally M medallist from playing against them for the duration of his current contract.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/bulldogs-to-seek-barba-clause-if-star-departs-20130821-2sbp7.html#ixzz2ce7DMTA7

I don't understand how this would work?
If Broncos are in the GF against the Dogs, will the paying Public attend if Barba is prevented from playing :huh:

That's correct. Works in a few other sports including Rugby League see Gareth Hock - plays for Widnes contracted to Wigan had a massive falling out with Wigan so Wigan loaned him to Widnes on the proviso they can't play him against them.

I actually made a thread about it on this forum in regards to what to do with Milford.

Where is all this Bronco money coming from? Tony Abbott? He just pledged $5million to them. They are the least worthy club . . especially if it is used to pinch an eagle.

bones said:
I reckon the Broncos have offered him a massive deal and he wants out. Same as Milford and the same as Barba. All 3 players are under contract for two more years at their current clubs but that doesnt worry the Broncos. This scumbag, Superleague, s**t-hole of a club has no morals.

If this is the case time to borrow a punishment from another sporting code for the NRL.
Player A,B and C all of a sudden decide they need to go to a club that's offering more coin then there current club even though they've still got years to go on a contract. NRL investigates and finds the club that gets all three made contact and encouraged the players to break their contract.

Solution - Club banned from signing anyone for 3 years. Sure club maybe successful at first but when players start to get injured, retire and other players contracts expire then we'll see how successful they are

bones said:

Yep you can count on Barba and Milford. I am surprised Brisbane didn't table a mega all out offer for DCE prior to him re signing with us.

Brisbane is really the only club in the league with enough money (not salary cap money) to negotiate paying out existing contracts for players to move, which is the track they are heading down.

Very dangerous precedents about to be set if the NRL allows this type of thing to happen. You'll end up with clubs that can't afford it making promises they can't keep.

C'mon, we're not paying respect to mr seagles original question. Isn't Aaron Groom still running around with Asquith. Someone should approach him now just in case.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4