DCE post match interview

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Loobs said:
He might have missed that last field goal because Jayden's service out of dummy half was a fraction slow and EVERYONE knew it was on!

This reminds me of the Orford bashing. Even winning a GF 40-0 and next season people were rubbishing the Ox.

That's because ox was past it. His short kicking game was ok but line drop outs went like 25 meters. We would have been better keeping monnas.

Jerry1 said:
Loobs said:
He might have missed that last field goal because Jayden's service out of dummy half was a fraction slow and EVERYONE knew it was on!

This reminds me of the Orford bashing. Even winning a GF 40-0 and next season people were rubbishing the Ox.

That's because ox was past it. His short kicking game was ok but line drop outs went like 25 meters. We would have been better keeping monnas.

Jesus Christ there is no pleasing some people! 2007 GF, 2008 revenge of te best kind and you say we should have kept Monaghan..?

EagleFromMay1967 said:
Who exactly are you referring to in the Senior Group, that you'd like to see gone ? . . . . . now that our season is over

Watmough, B Stewart, Matai, King and if Foran wants out, him too. The club needs a broom through it. It needs to be re-built and the cancer cut out...

Moops said:
EagleFromMay1967 said:
Who exactly are you referring to in the Senior Group, that you'd like to see gone ? . . . . . now that our season is over

Watmough, B Stewart, Matai, King and if Foran wants out, him too. The club needs a broom through it. It needs to be re-built and the cancer cut out...

Choc and Zorba should be a package deal. I'll personally throw in a pack of red hair dye as a farewell gift...

Sillybus said:
Im sorry but the set where we got our field goal to tie it up go back and watch it. DCE was directing the troops every tackle telling them where to go and where he wanted the ball then he slotted it perfectly. That was pure class and leadership. Go watch the start of the game he looks completely wrecked and down in the dumps with zero confidence. To go from that to how he finished the game was amazing to watch. He was getting his belief in his skills back and it all happened in 40 minutes. Give the guy a break and foz too. Our team played their guts out. I was expecting a thrashing after it was 16-0. We'd lost 4 of our last 6 games and our form was horrendous and we came back to nearly win it. Im gutted that we lost but to see us lose like that restores my hope in our 2015 campaign.

Build a team around DCE and give him some monster forwards for support. Give the sooks their marching orders!

Loobs said:
Moops said:
EagleFromMay1967 said:

Choc and Zorba should be a package deal. I'll personally throw in a pack of red hair dye as a farewell gift...

And I will be one membership for each one of these trouble makers gone!

Snake said:
I think DCE played most of the year injured. He never reached peak form after going down with a couple of knee injuries around the SOO series.

Last year, he came out of the sheds against that Rabbitohs at half time and was all smiles, loving his footy, and went on to win the Churchill medal the following week. A year on, and he is not the same player running around for Manly at the moment.

I don't think a pack that's struggling and a new hooker is helping matters, but for a confident personality (which I believe he was), he looks a shell of the man he once was. I really feel for the guy.

I am sure most of you have played team sports. If you have absolute d&$kheads in the team not talking to you it is going to wear you down eventually. I know where I put all the blame and it is not DCE

Loobs said:
Moops said:
EagleFromMay1967 said:

A fridge for zorba also?

The best halfback this club has EVER had......if your not with him and wont come to his 'birthday party' or are not his friend little girls then HIT THE ROAD.....

The effort of last nights game speaks for some......

He was trying to be diplomatic and chose his words carefully. Remember, it's only minutes after his season has been ended and he's naturally disappointed.

The 2 main points he made were;

1. He felt it was an enjoyable season.
2. The team under achieved.

Both of these (I believe) were a veiled reference to the players in the squad he's been having issues with.

As the #7 his role is to direct the team around the park. For that to happen effectively, all of the other players need to be onboard. I felt at times during the past couple of months, some players preferred to ignore him and do as they pleased.

Bloody sad that it has come to this. 12 months ago we were lauded for our club spirit and culture. Now we are a laughing stock, mateship and spirit it tatters. Where does the club management sit in all this??? Maybe in the next couple of months we will see, but I am sure everybody has had the proverbial "gutful"

One thing I noticed last night was how much defensive work Cherry had to do. TRex actually ran last night and every time it was at Cherry. He did a great job keeping him in check and the dogs ran their big boppers at him the whole night to wear him out.

Yes there were a couple of errors but the commitment from him to defend and still lead our side around while also doing the kicking duties was commendable. He must've been off his feet.

In saying that I was very proud of our game last night. A bad start but once we got into a groove we were all over them. Considering 4 of our starting 6 in our pack were missing (and the most important 4), we did a great job.

Now it's time to sort out the passion of the players and see who wants to continue with our great club. We need a couple of signings to go with our young guys coming through and I believe we'll be competitive for awhile yet.

Wombat Legacy said:
Bloody sad that it has come to this. 12 months ago we were lauded for our club spirit and culture. Now we are a laughing stock, mateship and spirit it tatters. Where does the club management sit in all this??? Maybe in the next couple of months we will see, but I am sure everybody has had the proverbial "gutful"

I think that's harsh. We showed great heart in that last 45 minutes. Bodes well for next year. May not win it but we need to blood the younger players and we did that somewhat last night

My biggest concern with DCE is that he thinks to himself why am I staying here when some players just don't want me here, and not only do we lose say Watmough and the Stewarts, but DCE moves on as well.

Personally I believe that this year could be the making of DCE. He has had a golden run, and perhaps this was his 2nd year syndrome coming 2 season late. Sometimes you need these times to realize that life is not just up and up. And I think he needs to take Lockyers criticism (about potentially being seen as a flat track bully) on board and come back bigger and better than ever.

A team however cannot survive if the players don't listen to the halves. (I don't know if this is happening or not). I remember reading a story about Jason Taylor and Paul Langmack. JT was a bit younger and seen as an upstart and Langmack kept overcalling him to put him in his place. We can't have things like that happen.

damiennp90 said:
Wombat Legacy said:

I think that's harsh. We showed great heart in that last 45 minutes. Bodes well for next year. May not win it but we need to blood the younger players and we did that somewhat last night

The performance was good last night-talking more about the footy club. I love what JSL, Dunamis, Starlo and Hodges bring to the team. Let's hope 2V builds his own team from here on.

Shoe1 said:
We need you dce, rise above the bs that is around you. Future captain of manly.

We need him for sure Shoe.

But Foz IS our next captain please!

(Unless we end up with halves as co-captains).

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2