DCE or FOZ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Red Pill

Enthusiastic Amateur
If we exit the comp in the next two weeks and DCE keeps playing the way he is ATM Is he still worth 750k plus per year?
In my opinion the answer is no! We would be silly to fork out this kind of money!
In some ways the same applies to FOZ. Let parra pay 1 million for one of them

We certainly can not afford to keep both Foz and DCE and have light weight forwards in the long term

I think with either FOZ or DCE? and Gutherson as 5/8 and a couple of extra big boppers we will be in a stronger position than we are ATM

Gutherson is a talent and we should utilise him! as a back up for snake we still have Tommy T coming through the ranks!

Personally I would pick Foz over DCE! If there are issues internally it is because DCE wants too much money. If he is worth it so be it but i believe he is not!

No point having the best halves combination without any go forward!

We do our up most to keep them both. They are vital to keep this success going.

Let them test the market, thats ok.

We must tie up our good youngsters, that is a priority!! and the most important thing is that we have players who WANT to be at the club!!

I have said it many time before and I will say it again.

Foran is highly unlikely to be here after 2015.

bob dylan said:

Is this a hunch, the media you've read, or inside information?

I think Foran is more important than DCE who I think is a little overrated. He is struggling behind our less than dominant forward pack this year, but Foz has managed to make an impact regardless. A no frills half with a good kicking game and Foran roaming either side of the ruck would be better than forking out a mil on cherry.

Red Pill said:
Personally I would pick Foz over DCE! If there are issues internally it is because DCE wants too much money.

DCE is on 500k now and Foz is on 650k - so who is taking up more of the Cap space ? :dodgy:

A Professional Athlete would have to be the dumbest man alive if he did not ascertain his market value.

Choc is doing it as we speak - its a business, not park footy :sleepy:

DCE has the magic. It sometimes can go missing as with all the brilliant talents, but I'd go with DCE every time. Extremely rare.

HappilyManly said:
Red Pill said:
Personally I would pick Foz over DCE! If there are issues internally it is because DCE wants too much money.

DCE is on 500k now and Foz is on 650k - so who is taking up more of the Cap space ? :dodgy:

A Professional Athlete would have to be the dumbest man alive if he did not ascertain his market value.

Choc is doing it as we speak - its a business, not park footy :sleepy:

Agree not park footy and we need to pick one! You would be naive :) to believe Zero tackle estimates on salaries though! IMO FOZ has the capacity to be the clubman leader we need! Also we are talking next contracts buddy! We have certainly to date obtained great value from DCE

I don't agree that we can only keep one.

I do believe that Foz is going to continue to demand more than DCE - but for some strange reason he is not blamed for getting his market value :huh:

Off Season will be interesting times regarding Manly Player movements :p

bob dylan said:

where is he going Bob,with Desi ???

this makes me laugh,only a few weeks ago you were all saying ,throw everything at him,he has to stay,now he is a bit down on form its,should we keep him or let him go,make up your minds

Snake said:
bob dylan said:

I think Foran is more important than DCE who I think is a little overrated. He is struggling behind our less than dominant forward pack this year, but Foz has managed to make an impact regardless. A no frills half with a good kicking game and Foran roaming either side of the ruck would be better than forking out a mil on cherry.

Let's just say it's an educated hunch.

The Roosters will offer him the world.

I hope he stays, and agree with Johns, we need to keep both.

71 possessions for 71 metres against the cowboys between the two of them.

I know halves are not judged on metres forward, but you get numbers like those above when they are not taking on the line.

I'd take DCE. Foran is honest and has a big heart but can often be quiet during games. DCE, whilst occasionally can be erratic, has the X factor and wins games.
It's not his fault he is rated so highly that people think he is overrated.

bob dylan said:
Snake said:
bob dylan said:

they have two Origin halves, why would they want Foran?

Mal Cochrane said:
I'd take DCE. Foran is honest and has a big heart but can often be quiet during games. DCE, whilst occasionally can be erratic, has the X factor and wins games.

I agree, but that not really the point. When the media beat up a players profile, they indirectly bump up a players market value. IMO, this guy is not worth a mil, more like 650,000 - 700,000.

I stated around Origin time that I though Cronk was still well ahead of DCE as the best half back in the competition, and was shot down for it (this is a Manly forum afterall :)), however the third Origin match and ensuing weeks of the NRL competition proved that to be correct.

No doubt he is simply down on a bit of form playing behind a beaten pack, and at his best, is a wonderful player, but even at his best, I think he is still a shade off the best players in the game who command upwards of a million dollars a season...just my opinion though.

We can have both actually, but its dependent on a few variables.

1) the amount of 3rd party $'s they can both attract.
2) the minimum amount the NRL will register their contracts for
3) the minimum amount of cash they will accept in any 1 year (lol backending)
4) the minimum amount of a contract they demand be covered by the club (3rd party not included)
5) the minimum amount of real cash they need or want in any given year (closely related to point 4)

Remember a players pay, his guaranteed contract total, and his value in the salary cap can all be markedly different.

I give you the Rorters and Broncs as exhibit A and B.

Maybe having them on contract at the same time helps, maybe foz in first year gets 400 and daly gets 800 then the next year daly gets 400 and foz gets 800 you get my drift? Does that work or am i just off my head? Or does it just cancel out being able to back end the deals because you are spending 1.2m regardless. FIIK

qpjmfd.jpg

Snake said:
bob dylan said:
Snake said:
bob dylan said:

they have two Origin halves, why would they want Foran?

Mal Cochrane said:

I agree, but that not really the point. When the media beat up a players profile, they indirectly bump up a players market value. IMO, this guy is not worth a mil, more like 650,000 - 700,000.

I stated around Origin time that I though Cronk was still well ahead of DCE as the best half back in the competition, and was shot down for it (this is a Manly forum afterall :)), however the third Origin match and ensuing weeks of the NRL competition proved that to be correct.

No doubt he is simply down on a bit of form playing behind a beaten pack, and at his best, is a wonderful player, but even at his best, I think he is still a shade off the best players in the game who command upwards of a million dollars a season...just my opinion though.

His value will be determined by how much the likes of clubs like the Raiders and Parra etc have to spend. If Faders go all out and offer a 4 year 4.4 million deal then he is going to be worth 900 to a million a year to us to keep him

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6