DCE not playing rep footy again!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
disagree completely. Theres a difference between rating a player and hating a player. Everyone loves to hate cherry evans, he played a poor game at the start of the season and he gets a front page of the telegraph flogging. He has been poor this season but when hes in form he'd beat almost all of them for a spot. Although milford is the one in form, and you cant take away his attacking ability, he can be wobbly in defence. I feel if milford was to be thrown into the aus team now youd see the kiwi big boys annihilating him. Morgan ran through him on more then one occasion in round 4. Aside from that hes a brilliant player. Id say DCE would easily be above mbye in the pecking order and still norman and hunt, even though theyre in much much better form. In form he's competing against cronk, morgan, milford.

And the sad thing is that this list is not an over exaggeration but I back him to turn his form around

Wait... you rated Pearce as better than DCE this year???

This is what I think of your list:
KrhzmY8.jpg

Pretty much every half is out performing DCE

Here's the halves ahead of DCE ATM unfortunately based on form

JT
Cronk
Johnson
Mbye
Norman
Foran
Reynolds
Maloney
Townsend
Hunt
Milford
Morgan
Green
Austin
Sezer
Soward
Wallace
Widdop
Keary
Taylor
Brooks
Moses
Pearce
Hastings

And the sad thing is that this list is not an over exaggeration but I back him to turn his form around
So you're saying he's still the best half we have because you haven't listed Api, Walker or Godinet

Norman has passed him on current form, not Mbye though.

DCE needs a playmaker who plays a strong structured style to keep the team to a game plan, whilst he reads what is in front of him. He seems to be stuck between his instinctive style of play and what he thinks he needs to do with no established half next to him.

DCE and Ben Hunt (as an example) would be a great combo. DCE and Thurston not so much, DCE and Milford probably not either. Just my opinion, but I would be looking for a no nonsense half with a solid kicking game who can stick to a game-plan and take pressure off DCE.
agreed on the no nonsense half but i think one of the reasons dce went well with foran was that forans running game was so strong, dce could pick his moments to either run himself/put forwards in holes/ pass it out the back. As well as this, it meant that if DCE got tackled on the fourth set foran would go into first reciever and kick... wheras this year its the complete oppositte as DCE is the only player in the team with a kicking game.. walker is too erratic

This is so short sighted. Yes if he made origin he would miss some games for us but it makes the good players great. Being able to shine on the big stage will turn him into a big game player. Come semis and finals is where you will see the benefits. He needs to play his way back into contention and mix with the big boys.
he did win dally m in a losing side. I think he knows how to handle big games

agreed on the no nonsense half but i think one of the reasons dce went well with foran was that forans running game was so strong, dce could pick his moments to either run himself/put forwards in holes/ pass it out the back. As well as this, it meant that if DCE got tackled on the fourth set foran would go into first reciever and kick... wheras this year its the complete oppositte as DCE is the only player in the team with a kicking game.. walker is too erratic
Thats a good point. Agree for manly to see the best in dce he needs a better accomplished half by his side. Then the pressure will be off dce and he can just play his natural attacking game.

When he was in best form he was one of the top 2 halves in the games. He was so fun to watch and so dangerous. Hope manly put a decent 5/8 need to him next year . Baz said he wants to roam like Thurston, but thurston still has coote and morgan to help out. Dce needs the same

Another point to think about in the past dce not only had foran but also gift and brett stewert who was so dangerous in the backline and who our whole attack centered around. He also played like another 5/8. When brett was in form we scored plenty. When he was injured we lacked points and threat. Snake is terribly out of form at the moment which also doesn't help dce and it seems like symonds is our main go to?

Why do you think cows are willing to let go tamou to keep coote. A ball playing full back is like another 5/8

Each time DCE has played this season, and quite a few last, he has been shown up - even by rookie halves.

Yes, people have blamed the forwards, they have blamed his injuries, they have blamed his contract situation, they have blamed his halves partner, but all I hear here is excuses.

He signed a contract (the biggest ever in the NRL), but like some of the professionals in the game are suggesting, he is average at best in comparison to his peers.

That contract could really destroy this club as a whole. I hope he's getting the marquee player allowance, the tenure allowance, the transport and study allowance, because that reduces his hit to around 190k by my estimation.

No other club would take on that contract either via trade.

Going forward, he will still have his defenders, he will still have one reason or another why he isn't performing at his peak.

I have a low tolerance. With his cash, he needs to play at an optimum week in, week out.

He is playing at a 4/10, and at his worst he needs to be playing at an 8/10.

In order for us to be successful, he needs to, the club needs to, the fans need to expect a whole lot more and have higher expectations and benchmarks.

He signed the contract and wanted the big bucks and with that comes the expectations..... Thurstons worst game isn't much different from his best..... This is what's expected of a marquee player on a million dollar contract, not excuses.

He signed the contract and wanted the big bucks and with that comes the expectations..... Thurstons worst game isn't much different from his best..... This is what's expected of a marquee player on a million dollar contract, not excuses.
Firstly, Chez only got his inflated contract due to Manly wasting all their time trying to seduce Deadbeat from Dalai.
Chez was ready to sign on for 700k, till his original offer was withdrawn by Joker. He said this on a couple of interviews himself :confused:

Secondly, the Teams that JT is blessed to play in, are far superior to any that Manly have managed to field @:cool:

Hopefully the Manly resurgence is now on and we can delight in the next great Manly half pairing :rock:

Chez+Parcell ?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4