DCE & Foran

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

swoop

Bencher
Tipping Member
The more games they play the more the opposition knows their play and can shut them down. I thought our go forward wasn't great and they slowed us down in the ruck, basically giving our halves no time to do what they do best. To much sideways movement and after not scoring after 30 odds tackles, in the 1st half, at their line beat us mentally.

The rigours of 1st grade are wearing them down a bit mentally and Foran looks like he's been carrying an injury the last few weeks. Great kick to Snake for our try. We were almost beaten last week, The bye next week should freshen up a lot of players.

The halves are top shelf - Foran played off pace with that injury nullifying his pass timing & running while DCE had a top game. Creagh ran at him all night & was put on his back & most his kick/chase were on song. Made a few half breaks & this was against a side who had a rushing defence after controlling the speed at the play the ball. Dont give up on these 2.

There was nothing wrong with our go forward tonight. We had no problems getting out of our end, our problem was execution plain and simple.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Ceagle said:
. . . the halves were world beaters . .

Agreed. They will win the NRL for us. If not this year, then soon.

I don't think it will be this year, but it's a great possibility. Mind you, we will have a few important fowards retiring/moving to the UK in the next season or two, so let's hope its this year.

There is another thread blaming Watmough for the loss. And another blaming Matai. And one for king. Hmmm? How many losers do we have in our team?

I agree TokyoEagle, Foran looked better with hair. DCE was terrific last night. First year in the big time and he's going great. No-ones fault last night. Just weren't there to win it. I blame the win the week before. Very hard game against the Slime. Hard to be 'up' every week. The week off will do us good.

Fonz said:
There is another thread blaming Watmough for the loss. And another blaming Matai. And one for king. Hmmm? How many losers do we have in our team?
I'm not blaming DCE or Foran, my observation it that the dragqueens dominated the ruck and slowed the play-the-ball, which effectively closed down our halves. Yes, we got plenty of go forward from our half but when we got close their line there was too much sideways play which nullified our attack. Especially the last ten or so minutes before halftime when we had about 6 sets at them in a row. This gave them great confidence and Manly looked a bit ragged at that stage.

Yeah, we look infinitely better when we're running straight and hard. Although we really need to look to run between players, not into them, and when a player like Princess or Rose poke their heads through the line, someone needs to be there to run off them. Anyway, I don't really see the benefits of running laterally when the ball is played ten metres out. Always seems to me that often we get run out of play.

Sure Foran was below his best last night, but he won us the match against Parra just a week ago, and has been our best player for many other matches. Lay off him. You can't play to his normal high intensity every week without it having an effect.
He'll be back to his best after the bye.

I thought the guys played well last night. Remember two of the St merge tries where not tries and should have been disallowed. Also, the other one was a length of the field intercept while manly were trying to claw their way back in the second half and had to try and throw risky passes etc.

Also, I don't think (watching it on TV) that St Merge were anywhere near 10 mtrs back all night. If they were they must be the fastest runners to cover ten metres in around a second and a half.

they are going great.need much more time to develop but i wouldnt swap them for anyone when looking to 2102 onwards

The Who said:
Sure Foran was below his best last night, but he won us the match against Parra just a week ago, and has been our best player for many other matches. Lay off him. You can't play to his normal high intensity every week without it having an effect.
He'll be back to his best after the bye.
Did you actually read my posts? I wasn't blaming or critcising either of our halves. They were shut down with great defence from the queens and weren't given time to do their stuff. When we got close to their line our forwards ran laterally rather than straight and we made it was easy for them to defend.

BTW I wouldn't swap them for anyone.

We did everything right except get over the line.
A few decisions went against us but if they hadn't it would have been a different game.

All in all - wasn't that bad a performance.

:blush:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8