DCE committed to Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Blowfly

Reserve Grader
Cherry-Evans today said this below immediately after returning to Australia.

Q: New coach how do you feel about that?
A: Looking forward to getting back to training to see the familiar faces and Tooves is one of those familiar faces and he'll know exactly what to do this year.

Q: Are you committed to Manly long-term?
A: Yeah mate I'll be there for a few more years to come...happily.

Q: There's been talk you wouldn't be.
A: Oh yeah it's all talk.

Q: Have you worked closely with Tooves in the past?
A: Yeah well he's an ex-halfback so I've had alot to do with Tooves over the previous years and his help is always the best going around being an ex-international halfback so I'll appreciate his work as coach even more now.

Q: Will you miss Dessie?
A: Oh mate obviously Des is a good coach but at the end of the day he's moved on and so do we.

Are you listening Telegraph?

Great stuff and I sincerely believe alot of people on here are getting a little spooked about the paper talk. Let's give our boys some credit and have faith in them and Tooves. Manly are going BACK TO BACK IN 2012.

Anyone want to put bets we will see a DCE to Broncos or Bulldogs story this week in the telecrap with no source and no quotes?

Those scumbag hacks will try to put a different spin on those responses. You can bet on it. Way too positive for their liking.

IMO the players will relish the chance to be coached by Tooves, who seems to be more laid-back that Des the dictator.

des the dictator who won two comps? Who staff are following ?

I hope tooves succeeds as much as the next guy but the crap talking about des is beyond a joke - that is about his coaching style etc....

lsz said:

I hope tooves succeeds as much as the next guy but the crap talking about des is beyond a joke - that is about his coaching style etc....

Your coming down on everyone for voicing their opinion is getting tiresome. Please accept that people have different views to you and vent them in different ways.

lsz said:

Take it easy. It's well documented that Des was a control freak. My point is, maybe the players will appreciate a new voice or as you put it coaching style. After nearly a decade of Des's us against them siege mentality, it's time to take a new direction.

Taking nothing away from Des his record speaks for itself and hes brought us back from the dead. But his gone and it's time to move on. And let's not forget, it was his choice to leave.

Taking nothing away from Des his record speaks for itself and hes brought us back from the dead. But his gone and it's time to move on. And let's not forget, it was his choice to leave.

Well said The Mauler. Des left a legacy but it is now time for the Toovey era. Some posters have been carrying on like the Bulldogs had a gun to Hasler's head & so he had no choice but to leave. The reality was he still had 18 months to go on his Manly coaching contract when he started negotiating with the Todd Greenburg.

Let's not turn this into another discussion on "those blokes" that have gone elsewhere. This thread is about DCE staying with the Mighty Eagles.
Onya Daly. I'm so happy I could cry.
Like Choc did, it's great to hear it from the players & not those beat up rags they call newspapers.

Awesome. Good onya Daly! I'll bet there will be some very cautious bookies around the traps this/next year in regards to the odds they offer for Manly going back to back. Something tells me there may be a quid to be made this year if you get on at the right time.

Mals said:

Well said The Mauler. Des left a legacy but it is now time for the Toovey era. Some posters have been carrying on like the Bulldogs had a gun to Hasler's head & so he had no choice but to leave. The reality was he still had 18 months to go on his Manly coaching contract when he started negotiating with the Todd Greenburg.

I agree. Time to look to the future not the past. The DCE report makes it so much brighter and his attitude will greatly strengthen the chances of keeping others. All players want to have the best around them.

Cherry-Evans backs new Manly coach Toovey
Joe Barton
14:09 AEST Tue Nov 22 2011

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8377895

Manly halfback Daly Cherry-Evans has backed new coach Geoff Toovey to succeed in 2012, while confirming he will see out the remainder of his contact at the club.

The NRL rookie of the year, who has been given a break from football until Christmas, says he can't wait to return to the Sea Eagles after capping off a dream year with his international debut in the Four Nations.

Manly have been in freefall since winning the premiership over the Warriors in October, losing several members of their coaching staff - headlined by coach Des Hasler who joined Canterbury.

But Cherry-Evans on Tuesday downplayed the loss of Hasler, saying Toovey was the perfect man to help the Sea Eagles move on.

"Obviously, he's an ex-halfback so I've had a lot to do with Tooves in previous years," he told reporters on Tuesday.

"His help is always the best to go around, being an ex-international halfback.

"I'll appreciate his work as a coach even more now.

"(Hasler's defection) was just a bit of a shock obviously. But at the end of the day, it's all happened and it's all past us now, so we're ready to move on, I think."

Cherry-Evans, who is rumoured to be a target of several NRL clubs, does not come off contract until the end of 2013 and says he has no intention of leaving Toovey high and dry.

"I'll be (at Manly) for a few more years to come, happily," he said.

When told of rumours linking him to other NRL clubs, including Brisbane who farewelled champion five-eighth Darren Lockyer this year, the Queenslander replied: "It's all talk mate".

I've said it many times before. This kid is becoming my favourite Manly player (favourite NRL player by default). Talk like this just confirms it.

Thats what we want to hear!! showing his committment to the club, team and the fans !! Sling him the extra dollars and extend his contract for yeeeears, has the potential to be a manly great.

Im not going to be swayed one way or another with any of these snippets. When good news comes ill take it but otherwise best not to set up for disappointment or get overly excited.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6