DCE and Stewart bros rift?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Even if it is true it isn't really a big deal, every sports side have people who don't get along

There was a point in the 80s when our cricket captain and Hadlee weren't speaking to each other at all lol

Hopefully not true but if it is then life goes on. Anything in the media should be taken with a pich of salt. Not to long ago it was Foran and Stewart activating clauses when Des left.

I don't think he would be unhappy as it is very well documented that Foz and Himself get on very well both on and off the field. Plus the club has bent over backwards to exclusively get Andrew Johns to work with the halves and Toovey was a quality half in his day.

Anyway i'm sure that the Bronocos would make a play for him at some stage, many clubs will as quality no 7 are in very short supply. But i guess this will sell papers so let them have their fun.

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Neil Evans just tweeted

NRL: Just want 2 ensure the comradery between every player @manlyseaeagles could not be better! Story 2day is way off the mark! #Eagles
Ensure? I think he meant 'assure'...
Good news anyhow, and good idea to quickly deny it. You only have to look at Silvertails this morning to see how quickly rumours take on a life of their own, regardless of whether or not there is any basis to them.

There seems truth in Broncos wanting DCE - what team wouldn't??
Also may well be some rifts between certain players but in saying that, what team does not have this??
We are talking competitive world class players & anyone who thinks this only happens at Manly needs to crawl back under their rock.
This is a common situation that happens in rugby league at every level with many different personalities not always on the same page.
I find this kind of report very cryptic & may seem cynical but almost an attempt to -
1 - Create commotion & initiate drama for the players , fans & coaching staff - a derail tactic.
2 - Create doubt in the players mind to go from, not getting on great with certain teammates that will blow over to...Maybe I should look elsewhere.

To me DCE seems very credible & trustworthy & its unfair that these underhanded paper speculators are speaking for him.
I will believe what comes from his mouth until proven otherwise.

Toovey said Manly's on-field performances this season indicate any purported issues between Cherry-Evans and the Stewart brothers are not toxic.

Let's start to worry when it gets toxic.

chicken%20little%20sky%20is%20falling.jpg

Sky.jpg

Jeepers!

Get back to work!

Things that need to be considered here.
Courier mail is owned by news ltd.
news ltd own the broncos

The broncos have done a pathetic job in player recruitment and retention since they won their last comp in 2006.

They have panicked this year and are try to Do what ever they can to poach 3 players that they have previously let slip through the grasp.

dowdz said:
Are we getting close to a merged DCE super thread?

We are certainly skirting the boundaries, but happy for them to stay separate at this point.

IMO this story is complete BS, no once did he approach DCE, a relative or likewise with the stewarts. The quality of news in QLD is pretty bad, but I would expect no less as they need to have picture stories to communicate with the barely literate masses

Chip and Chase said:
Toovey said Manly's on-field performances this season indicate any purported issues between Cherry-Evans and the Stewart brothers are not toxic.

Let's start to worry when it gets toxic.

Haha, and if it ever gets to that stage they can all go play for the Wallabies.

The most potent comment in the story was at the end from Gavin Orr saying he doesn't think he's going anywhere. Orr has twice started rumours about DCE leaving in order to get him an upgrade, so the fact he's not fanning the flames on this one makes me inclined to think it's a non-issue.

Brisbane Broncos are 69% owned by News Ltd.
The Tele/Courier Mail are 100% owned by News Ltd.

If you can influence the results of a federal election than influencing a single player to be unhappy and want to change club shouldn't be too much of a stretch.

What this story does is to make it an issue. People will ask the players, it will blow out to be bigger than a passing rift. A newspaper is a great way to start rumours.

Now i wonder what hand Murdoch's press may have had in Barba's desire to move to the sunshine state.

mosto said:
The most potent comment in the story was at the end from Gavin Orr saying he doesn't think he's going anywhere. Orr has twice started rumours about DCE leaving in order to get him an upgrade, so the fact he's not fanning the flames on this one makes me inclined to think it's a non-issue.

I hope you're right.

I'll be carefully watching DCE this week against Canberra. If he throws any dummies to Gift or Snake then this story has legs.

The Mole is also running with the story in today's RLW.

Trouble In Eagles Nest

Manly No. 7 Daly Cherry-Evans isn't happy at Brookvale because he doesn't get along with a couple of star team mates. The players have a personality clash and don't rule out the representative half leaving before his contract expires at the end of 2015.

mosto said:

If he was wrong the first couple of times, maybe this time he's on the money. Oh God..it's a done deal!! NOOOO! :(

Last edited by a moderator:

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8