DCE AND NORMAN

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Don't get your hopes up about this bloke wanting out of parra and signing for us. He is going to partner SID in the halves at the Tits next year. They are backed by the NRL so can make this happen whilst keeping Elgey and Seizer as back up and gagai zilman and euan aitken fighting for hooffmans no.1 spot. Steve Michaels is also set for a return.

Gold Coast Titans prepared to swoop on Parramatta's Corey Norman

Date
March 26, 2015 - 10:00PM

Michael Carayannis
Rugby League Writer

The Titans are preparing to swoop on Corey Norman if the Eels five-eighth is forced to move on from Parramatta.

Gold Coast have identified Norman as the man to partner Daly Cherry-Evans as they step up their aggressive recruitment drive for next year.

While the Eels at this stage have no intention of releasing Norman – who is contracted until the end of next year – the Titans are patiently watching as the Eels juggle their salary cap.

Parramatta have landed Cherry-Evans' Manly teammate Kieran Foran from next season and want to extend off-contract duo Chris Sandow and Will Hopoate beyond this year. A Sandow-Foran halves combination would force Norman to return to the fullback position he played during the bulk of his four-year stint to begin his NRL career at Brisbane. If Hopoate re-signs he could return to the centres.

The Titans have already added Cherry-Evans and want to secure outside backs including Dane Gagai and Joe Ofahengaue. They are searching for a viable long-term halves partner for Cherry-Evans. Daniel Mortimer is contracted until the end of next year and there is uncertainty surrounding Aidan Sezer and Kane Elgey. Manly are circling both players as well as Roosters pivot James Maloney, who is likely to re-sign with the club.

Sezer has attracted the interest of at least two Sydney clubs while Manly are the frontrunners to sign Elgey, 21, who won the under-20s player of the year last year. He will make his NRL debut alongside Sezer when the Titans play the Sharks on Saturday night.

The Titans may be cashed up with a host of players including Sezer, Greg Bird and Nate Myles off-contract, but the Eels have spent the bulk of their salary cap for next year. The Eels have seven spots available on their NRL roster for next season, with $1.6 million to spend, after signing Foran to a rich four-year deal.

The Eels have also earmarked South Sydney's Alex Johnston as a potential fullback despite the Rabbitohs junior likely to extend his stay at the club.

"We can keep everyone that we want to keep but we won't be overpaying for anyone," Eels boss Scott Seward told Fairfax Media earlier this month.

"If it's out of our market or out of our price range, then so be it. If it's to be where we believe market value is, we'd love to keep them. We're not going to get into bidding wars for players.

"Chris has come through Parramatta's darkest days of playing behind a beaten pack and playing for multiple coaches. He's now in a stage where he has the opportunity to play behind an outstanding forward pack with a coach who is going to be here long term and you're seeing the results he's producing. He's well and truly required from our perspective."

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/rug...parramattas-corey-norman-20150326-1m8a51.html

Titans to sign everyone. I suppose you can when your never going to pay your debts.

Let them go after norman. Hopefully that means we are front runners to sign Elgey.

If we get him, just need an established 5/8.

Did Parra's "not getting into a bidding war for players" policy start when they realised they paid too much for Foz?

Aitken just re-signed with the Dragons.
I can see them getting Johnston, if I were them I'd be going very hard for him. Not sure they'll get any other names, but I do hope they get Norman. Then Seizer and Elgey would surely have to move on. I so very much want Elgey.

"We can keep everyone that we want to keep but we won't be overpaying for anyone,"
a source close to the Sea Eagles inner sanctum was overheard saying in a cafe*

"If it's out of our market or out of our price range, then so be it. If it's to be where we believe market value is, we'd love to keep them. We're not going to get into bidding wars for players."

* I'm a journo so I made this bit up!

Titans to sign everyone. I suppose you can when your never going to pay your debts.
yeah it looks like the Titans and the eels have joined the no cap teams now,eels want Johnson as well and on top of all that,they can keep everyone they want,wow,Hayne,s contract wasnt that big surely

Norman is an average 5/8 and reasonable fullback.

The tits can have him for 500k. Couldn't be happier that we are not going be stuck with him.

The stench of the eels would take 2 years to clean off him.

"We can keep everyone that we want to keep but we won't be overpaying for anyone," Eels boss Scott Seward told Fairfax Media earlier this month.
That's the funniest thing I've heard in ages. If Scott Seward is given the arse at the Eels he's got a great future as a stand up comedian.

It's no wonder the apathy in the game is at an all time high. A mate of ours who is a Titans foundation member was trying to justify the help from the NRL as nothing more than a guarantor and there not treated any differently!!!!....needless to say it may be a while before we talk again.:mad:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4