DCE and choc injured?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
dowdz said:
Choc has torn his bicep muscle. He said he has being playing with it partially torn all year and it finally went tonight. He also said he hope to play this weekend.

Couldn't find the quotes on line. Just wrote briefly what's in the paper.

He tore it in the Cowboys game.

RiverEagle said:
Not necessarily global...James Tamou.

Perhaps they could manufacture a loophole or find a convoluted clause to get Foz in blue!

No need to manufacture a loophole for Foz, he does qualify for NSW - moved to St Ives at what, 8 or 9? So played most of his junior footy in NSW. It was his choice to play for NZ, he was qualified for both without breaking a rule at all.

yokahontas said:
RiverEagle said:

Perhaps they could manufacture a loophole or find a convoluted clause to get Foz in blue!

No need to manufacture a loophole for Foz, he does qualify for NSW - moved to St Ives at what, 8 or 9? So played most of his junior footy in NSW. It was his choice to play for NZ, he was qualified for both without breaking a rule at all.

Thank you for clarifying that yoka!

I was vaguely aware of Foz' background, but I was wondering if there was any way NSW could have him now...even after he's played for NZ.

All the strange and complex rules around the World Cup, for example, can be a bit confusing.

Milford, for one, played for Samoa, but is still eligible for QLD. And there are others apparently in the same boat.

So yeah, I wonder if Foz wanted to, could he play for the Blues now?

I know it won't happen either way...just wishful thinking

RiverEagle said:
yokahontas said:
RiverEagle said:

Thank you for clarifying that yoka!

I was vaguely aware of Foz' background, but I was wondering if there was any way NSW could have him now...even after he's played for NZ.

All the strange and complex rules around the World Cup, for example, can be a bit confusing.

Milford, for one, played for Samoa, but is still eligible for QLD. And there are others apparently in the same boat.

Yeah, that's where it does get confusing - Jarryd Hayne is another one, and I know a few Queenslanders who always trot out 'Hayne's a Fijiian' when you mention them picking players who aren't from Qld - the thing is, Hayne's not. His father is Fijiian (Manoa Thompson, who played for Souths in the 80s/90s), but Hayne was born and bred in NSW, and his mum is Australian. He played in the same age groups as my little brothers, in a different comp but they would play each other every year in trial games. I don't think there's a problem with a player representing an ancestral country like that and then still being qualified to play for NSW/Aus...but I don't necessarily think it should work the same with Aus/NZ/England - just the 'developing' countries.:cool:

BLUES forward Anthony Watmough has revealed how he has played with a damaged bicep for the past two months.

Despite rupturing it last night in the Blues’ brave 12-8 win over the Maroons, Watmough was in the sheds hoping it was completely torn off the bone so he can keep playing.

That is despite early reports suggesting he could be out for the year.

“It has been bad for six or eight weeks or so,” Watmough tells RLW.

“I’ve ruptured the bicep now but the worse it is, the better the news.

“If it is off the bone then we can manage it and move on and hopefully be right for next week.

“We’ve just got to get a bit of strength back in it.

“But it is beyond operable.

“We’ve tried to make out it was an elbow injury and that it wasn’t so bad.

“You have just got to wait for it to fully tear and then you can build it back up again.

“But it is torn so we’ve got to deal with it.

“We were waiting for it to go. It’s just unfortunate that it went tonight.

“I had to come off, because I would have been a passenger.”

Joel Gould.

That's tough. Knowing that your half torn bicep will completely tear and all you can do is wait for it. That explains why he has been a bit off lately.

That article also goes to show that just because it's in the papers, doesn't mean it's complete truth. They told a lie so he wouldn't be targeted.

It has been obvious to us at the games that Choc's arm was not responding in its usual way.
But this is what athletes do, force there bodies to 'not let their Team down, etc'.

Unfortunately, Choc looks like he has damaged it more, rather than having 3 games out when it first tore :dodgy:

Sid is the same with his leg - the one that magically kicked the winning field goal - seems it was hanging on for dear life for the love of the game :angel:

They will all pay the price when they are older. Arthritis in the joints of most ex First Graders :s

Too big a price to pay for an exhibition game designed for no other purpose than to give the inbred banjo pluckers up north something to feel good about themselves with.

I love seeing Qlders lose as much as the next person but it's a sideshow and shouldn't be detracting from the main focus of the year.

What a waste of a season this could turn out to be.

NSW had better win this series now.

Maybe if we can win three series in a row they'll declare origin dead and we won't have our players being wasted like this.

Looks like DCE really believes he can play this weekend against the Ponies, well he seems to be walking with no probs this morning.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/state-of-origin-daly-cherryevans-keen-to-back-up-for-manly-despite-knee-injury/story-fn2mcuj6-1226935777474?from=public_rss

eelcatcher said:
Looks like DCE really believes he can play this weekend against the Ponies, well he seems to be walking with no probs this morning.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/state-of-origin-daly-cherryevans-keen-to-back-up-for-manly-despite-knee-injury/story-fn2mcuj6-1226935777474?from=public_rss

Well that's good news!

He said the same thing in the onfield interview - then we had the image of him being half-carried in the dressing rooms :s

Both SOO Players are damaged, let them rest, they sound like Dan's 3 year old who didn't want to go to bed. Uncle 2v needs to do whats best for them and not what they think that they want to do :D

RiverEagle said:

They have a more lax set of eligibility rules for the RL World Cup tournament, otherwise the minnows would get destroyed and the whole thing would be a farce.

Basically if you miss out on selection for your primary country squad (ie Aust England NZ etc) then you can nominate for a secondary country as long as you qualify under the your Grandmother lived next door to someone who once visited the country in question rule. This is why Hayne played for Fiji, Kitey for Tonga, Robbo for Scotland etc. It does not mean you are then not eligible for your primary country in the future. It is so they can pretend that RL is competitive on the world stage.

A player can of course declare themselves available for their second tier country in non RLWC years but that's a point of no return position from what I understand. I think Skivi has done this with the Samoa, so he can't play for the land of the cricket match fixers anymore.

I say rest DCE.

He obviously isnt 100% and its not worth losing him longer term because of an injury.

Chip and Chase said:
RiverEagle said:

They have a more lax set of eligibility rules for the RL World Cup tournament, otherwise the minnows would get destroyed and the whole thing would be a farce.

Basically if you miss out on selection for your primary country squad (ie Aust England NZ etc) then you can nominate for a secondary country as long as you qualify under the your Grandmother lived next door to someone who once visited the country in question rule. This is why Hayne played for Fiji, Kitey for Tonga, Robbo for Scotland etc. It does not mean you are then not eligible for your primary country in the future. It is so they can pretend that RL is competitive on the world stage.

A player can of course declare themselves available for their second tier country in non RLWC years but that's a point of no return position from what I understand. I think Skivi has done this with the Samoa, so he can't play for the land of the cricket match fixers anymore.

Tooves said in an interview on radio a few weeks ago that Matai was eligible for NZ he just wasn't picked.

Cherry-Evans eases Maroons injury woes
By Laine Clark
14:44 AEST Thu May 29 2014

The sight of Daly Cherry-Evans on crutches on Thursday would have been enough to make Queensland selectors contemplate reaching for the panic button.

Especially after the rest of the Maroons' "spine" threatened to fracture ahead of their must-win State of Origin II clash in Sydney on June 18.

However, Cherry-Evans allayed fears he would succumb to a knee complaint suffered in Wednesday night's 12-8 loss to NSW at Suncorp Stadium and even backed himself to play Sunday's NRL clash for Manly.

The Sea Eagles playmaker raised eyebrows when TV cameras filmed him hobbling around the Maroons hotel on crutches with his left knee heavily strapped.

It would have been a worrying sight for Maroons selectors after hearing on Thursday that skipper and No.9 Cameron Smith (ankle, two weeks) and fullback Billy Slater (shoulder, three weeks) may struggle to be fully fit for Origin II.

They were already reeling from the news that No.7 Cooper Cronk (broken arm) is gone for the series, out for up to three months after going down in the first 10 minutes of Wednesday night's loss.

Slater suffered a grade-two AC joint sprain to his right shoulder.

And Smith is out for one to two weeks after leaving Brisbane on Thursday with a low-grade right ankle sprain.

However, Smith will travel with his NRL team Melbourne to Townsville to be assessed by Storm medical staff ahead of Saturday night's clash with North Queensland.

The man who will again attempt to fill Cronk's shoes in Origin II, Cherry-Evans, downplayed concerns he would be added to the Maroons' injury list.

"I was a bit worried about it. It just needed a night to settle so I'm hoping its all right," Cherry-Evans told reporters.

Still, a major Origin II overhaul looms for reigning champions Queensland.

Broncos backrower Sam Thaiday (calf) should be fit to return, ensuring some nervous moments for out-of-sorts Maroons incumbents Chris McQueen and Josh Papalii.

Brisbane prop Josh McGuire and Gold Coast Titans giant David Taylor may also be called upon to add some punch off the bench.

Canberra fullback cum pivot Anthony Milford may be seen as either a bench utility option or even considered as a replacement for Slater at fullback depending on the Test No.1's recovery.

Sydney Roosters No.9 Jake Friend has already been earmarked as Smith's understudy after being named Queensland's 19th man for game one.

© AAP 2014

Great reporting on Sid's left knee, when he has had the right one bandaged since the Rabbids game :cool:

In the vision of him being carted into the dressingroom, he definetly couldn't put any weight on his right half :(

Have a well deserved rest Sid, Manly loves you more than the whole of Qld :angel:

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2