DCE acceptance speech

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Eagles2nv

DESpicable Manly
Anyone notice DCE never congratulated the Chooks when he accepted his award.

I know its not very sportmans like, but that little speech he gave made me think that the kids blood has turned maroon and white (and no not queenslander :)).

I was always a little worried that he hadnt come right around being from qld, but i think he has got there.

If being maroon and white requires you to be unsportsmanlike then that will do me.

I'm sure he forgot to congratulate them due to being in shock at actually getting the award. I'm not saying he was undeserving but I was surprised that it didn't go to a Roosters player

Eagles2nv said:

I know its not very sportmans like, but that little speech he gave made me think that the kids blood has turned maroon and white (and no not queenslander :)).

I was always a little worried that he hadnt come right around being from qld, but i think he has got there.

dumb post
it's not DCE's job to thank the roosters, that is the Captain's role in his speech

I'd never congratulate them. Call me unsportsmanlike, i dont care. Hayne got them there. I'd congratulate him, not.

bazeagle said:
Eagles2nv said:

dumb post
it's not DCE's job to thank the roosters, that is the Captain's role in his speech
Agree. I mentioned to the Bride he didn't congratulate the Roosters, but then thought,
as you say, it's the Captains job to do so.

I think he would have thanked them but as Zep said I think he was pretty rattled. The booing was disgraceful.

I think it's a bit unfair to give it to a losing player.
I'm sure he didn't want to be up there giving a speech after what just happened.
I know as a supporter I just got the hell out of there as soon as I could. Watching an enemy celebrate is not something you should have to put yourself through.

I'm not going to whinge with the "we were robbed" bit. I just feel as I do every year when someone other than Manly wins it. Get stuffed, I hope you trip over at your parade, bring on next year.

He should have said "And to John Ibrahim, Tom Waterhouse, David Gyngell, Todd Greenberg and the improbably named Shane Hayne, a big thank you for proving what we all suspected and as Powderfinger once expressed in song, 'The higher the stakes, the lower the blows.' And to JWH, your mum still passes the airtight, gaslight, watertight integrity test. Goodnight and thank you!"

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6