David Warner

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Davey boys at it again...

David Warner had to be dragged away from an early-morning altercation with Joe Root in a Birmingham nightclub after the Australian opener threw a punch at the English batsman.

David Warner flashed a 'glancing blow' to the chin of Joe Root.
It emerged on Wednesday that Australian one-day teammate Clint McKay had broken up the pair following what England management described as an ''unprovoked physical attack'' on the 22-year-old from Yorkshire about 2am on Sunday.

Warner was stood down from Wednesday's second Champions Trophy match against New Zealand at Edgbaston and could face further sanction at a disciplinary hearing.
The incident, which occurred at the Australian-themed Walkabout following the team's 48-run defeat to England on Saturday, leaves Warner in hot water for the second time in three weeks after he was fined $5750 over a Twitter tirade at journalists last month.
Fairfax Media was told he was at the Birmingham venue with Australian teammates including McKay, Glenn Maxwell, Phil Hughes, Matthew Wade and Mitchell Marsh.
The 26-year-old is understood to have thrown a ''glancing blow'' that scraped the chin of young England batsman Root, who was at the establishment with teammates including Stuart Broad and Steven Finn. Sources said McKay had dragged Warner away from Root to bring a stop to the altercation. It is believed alcohol was a factor.
Warner is understood to have grabbed a wig Root was wearing in the aftermath of England's win, to which the 22-year-old took exception and was subsequently hit by the Australian batsman.
Root was not injured and took his place at England training at The Oval on Wednesday. Warner, meanwhile, trained with the Australian team in the warm-up to the match against New Zealand.
The England and Wales Cricket Board released a statement on Wednesday, confirming that: ''David Warner initiated an unprovoked physical attack on a member of the England team in a Birmingham bar following England's 48-run victory over Australia.
''Warner has admitted behaving inappropriately and has since apologised to the player involved who has accepted the apology.
''Following a full investigation the England team management has concluded that the England player was in no way responsible for nor retaliated to the attack.''
Cricket Australia had earlier confirmed Warner had been reported for breaching Rule 6 of the body's code of behaviour.
It was not clear on Wednesday what further action would be taken against the NSW opener but it was considered unlikely that he would be sent home from the tour of England, where Australia will attempt to win back the Ashes starting on July 10 at Trent Bridge. It is possible, however, he could be suspended for the remainder of the Champions Trophy campaign.
Warner was only last month reprimanded for a social media rant against News Ltd journalists.
The latest incident continues a tradition of indiscretions on recent British tours. In 2005, Andrew Symonds was suspended for turning up drunk, and stumbling on a wheelie-bin, before Australia's embarrassing loss to Bangladesh in a one-day match, which preceded the Ashes.
Four years later, Symonds was sent home and had his CA contract cancelled for breaking team rules during the World Twenty20, which also preceded the Ashes. Neither tour ended well for Australia, with decisive series losses.
Warner's altercation with an Ashes opponent comes amid serious concerns about the culture of the team, which spilled into the public realm when four players were stood down for failing to do their homework during the disastrous 4-0 series loss to India.
It doesn't help that Warner has endured a horrendous few months on the field, and is coming off scores of 0,0 and 9 in the first three games of the tour. Warner had an early black mark against his name for being kicked out of the Centre of Excellence when he was 20 for having a messy room, a setback he described as a wake-up call.

Sources said McKay had dragged Warner away from Root to bring a stop to the altercation....No wonder he started throwing "glancing blows"! :D

I have never believed this ACB thought process that this guy is captain material. I don't see it myself.

I saw a report that had Flintoff getting stuck into him as well lol, wonder if he would be brave enough to have a nudge at him

At least the bar-tender said Warner was the nicest guy there and was surprised about the little biff.

But it's disappointing to also hear that he'd been at the walkabout almost every night. Maybe that's a reflection of his recent scores.

Anyway - score some runs ya tosser.

edit - overpaid tosser.

Anyway - score some runs ya tosser.

edit - overpaid tosser.
[/quote]

Please tell me to win powerball.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4