1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

David Gower

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by swoop, Aug 11, 2013.

1. swoop

swoop Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,201 / 16
    He was bagged on the forum earlier in the year but I thought he showed his worth. Had a great game.

2. COMMANDER

COMMANDER IF YOU DO NOT TRY YOU CAN NOT FAIL 2016 Tipping Competitor

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
    Ratings:
    +1,740 / 81
    Only because he can't bat

3. Volley

Volley Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +581 / 21
    Yep, was decent.

4. jbb/james

jbb/james Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +885 / 21
    as did gift and jamie B. You have to remember this is gen instant gratification. take what people say with a grain of salt and form your own opinion. **** we have self proclaimed experts saying we cant attack

5. lsz

lsz Well-Known Member Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +3,647 / 66
    Similar to the criticism of Glenn I think we, as fans, are way to quick to "judge" players

The amount of changes, players being pulled from a lineup that are suggested every week are beyond a joke

That is why, and I am touch afraid to say it, I prefer to read the tc, kiwi and others who talk about the style of play rather than picking on one whipping boy (and is a reason why I rarely comment on the play....I have no idea about league !)

Rant over!

6. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +310 / 0
    He's not a fantastic player by any means but he did have a solid game today. He's really more of a good backup type player. One that you're not worried to see on the the team sheet but also not a guy you want out there every week.

7. Jatz Crackers

Jatz Crackers Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,242 / 7
    I think people forget you have to give new players time to adjust. He hasnt had the minutes so far to really tell if he is going to be what we need.

I was hoping at the start of the year to see him come in & offer a Hall type role in which he interchanged to cover a prop and back rower. More game time required but Im not disappointed with him and in the position we are in with forwards, anyone wanting to turf him is being a bit premature.

8. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,793 / 122
    Dropped the ball a couple of times in his first one or two matches but since then has done the job each time we've called him up. Not just a grunt either, he has an offload and a little footy in him. Good depth player for us.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ron E. Gibbs

Ron E. Gibbs Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,437 / 12
    I thought he was better than good today and probably deserved a green light on that try. Really got himself involved in the game, which was crucial with Choc and Horo out of action.

10. mozgrame

mozgrame Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,565 / 45
    No wonder Bones followed him to the club. :p

• Like Like x 2
  11. Jax24

Jax24 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +394 / 0
    Was really impressed with him. Probably our first look at him playing considerable minutes and he didn't disappoint. He is a big unit and can do the hard yards, but also has a liitle bit of ball skills and offloading. With our injury situation in the forwards, he is taking his chances and has been solid off the bench barring his first couple of appearances this year. Good on him and hope he continues to do well.

12. CAMBO

CAMBO New Member

Ratings:
    +363 / 0
    His no try was a disgraceful decision.
    Can't believe DRS and hotspot got it wrong again ;)

• Like Like x 2
  13. Jatz Crackers

Jatz Crackers Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,242 / 7
    I was thinking there is the nudie run disqualifier but the radio commentators took about 4 seconds to commence the debate about the double movement. Heard the name suttor and gave up on it there & then.

14. cherry_poppins

cherry_poppins Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,037 / 131
    I still think more of Hasson who bends the line, dumb double movement but he's a forward,solid enough

15. manlyfan76

manlyfan76 Parra Trolls are the best. Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Anywhere but Parramatta
    Ratings:
    +5,341 / 111
    I hope we can hang onto this Hasson guy, I expect him to really improve in the next 12-14 months as we go B2B with 2V

• Like Like x 1
  16. The Who

The Who Well-Known Member

Mona Vale
    Ratings:
    +4,836 / 103
    We are going to need Gower and Hasson to cover for Choc (reportedly out for five weeks) and Horo (not sure how serious his injury is). They are both solid players, and hopefully will be able to fulfil the role Viv Mauro played for us when we won the premiership in 2011.
    I'm looking forward to the return of Big Red.

17. manlyfan76

manlyfan76 Parra Trolls are the best. Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Anywhere but Parramatta
    Ratings:
    +5,341 / 111
    Horo on Twitter said he will be right for Next week.

18. Eagle1963

Eagle1963 Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0
    T Red must be due back next week to replace Choc

19. swoop

swoop Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,201 / 16
    Yeah, Hassan's been very good for us as well. He's a Brent Lawrence type player. Looks impressive.
    I had doubts about our depth if we had injuries in the forwards but that has been dispelled. Our attack, defence and confidence is up and we'll give this premiership a real tilt.

I was worried about this game but we won in a canter and had their measure even with all the errors and injuries.

Rugby league on a Sunday afternoon and on a nice sunny day is the best.

BTW Who said TOOVEY can't coach?

20. lismore_fan

lismore_fan Well-Known Member

Lismore
    Ratings:
    +206 / 1
    He couldn't resist that white line fever.

Can't blame him really.
    He saw the line before him & saw that nudie run.